• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Shores in Kimberling City

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Anybody in the Branson area know about this T/S group?

When I look it up and do research, it looks like a rebranding and looks shady.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I thought I had replied, but I guess not.

It is the former Kimberling Inn, and is being operated by a local developer, Jay Steed.

bbcoach

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

I know that they are asking every timeshare owner for and additional $781 over and above the maintenance fee. That sounds shady.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Last edited:

bbcoach

TUG Member
Reaction score
My partner owns this one and she has never posted the fees. Do you think the new request for more money might be a scam?

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
My partner owns this one and she has never posted the fees. Do you think the new request for more money might be a scam?
I don't think it is a scam, but it could be a very poorly funded timeshare with more members stopping payment of M/F's. We have a timeshare in Galveston where the paying membership has dropped to 30% and it is becoming unsustainable. If they don't sell out, they are talking about a special assessment of $1.5K with more defections, it could rise to a SA of $14K. FOR ONE YEAR!:eek:

Last edited:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some

If I knew more about what the SA is supposedly for, I could weigh in with more accuracy. I have been familiar with this resort since 1990.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I don't think it is a scam, but it could be a very poorly funded timeshare with more members stopping payment of M/F's. We have a timeshare in Galveston where the paying membership has dropped to 30% and it is becoming unsustainable. If they don't sell out, they are talking about a special assessment of $1.5K with more defections, it could rise to a SA of $14K. FOR ONE YEAR!:eek:

Did you follow the Apple Valley Resort thread? They had 1581 "interests" when they made the decision to (and I wish I knew the exact legal word) dissolve. They had a SA to fund the necessary legal work, $1000, and only 105 paid it. So, that raised $105,000, but the total expense just getting ready for the sale was $519,000. The grand total expense, including the sale expense, was $851,000. The 105 who stayed loyal, and paid all along, got/are getting $2200.

Frankly, I would have been with the 1476 who did not, even being familiar with AV, and rather fond of it.

"Kimberling Inn" is, in fact, a legacy resort, although I am not privy to their finances. It is made of of the original units (sorta like a 50's "motor court", some "newer" units, circa 1990, and some "newer" units, circa mid-to-late '90s, lakefront, that are more modern.

Last edited:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I thought I had replied, but I guess not.

It is the former Kimberling Inn, and is being operated by a local developer, Jay Steed.

I met him today.

bbcoach

TUG Member
Reaction score
What did he say about the massive special assessments? Is he trying to drive all of the timeshare owners away so he can make it an all rental operation?

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
yes

:eek:

Actually, he just went and played golf.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Some involuntary thoughts . . .

Mr. Steed is an upscale sorta guy. To give you some idea, here's his major development:

http://www.pinnacleshores.com/pinnacle-shores.html

He also bought the local restaurant, runs his own real estate company, etc. etc.

The Kimberling Inn is an extremely dated facility that was not all that great when the various portions of it were new. We stayed in what we considered shoddy units in 1991, and they are still there. Then we stayed in the new units in '92 or '93, and they were just mediocre Ozark construction. That was before the lakefront units, which appear to be nicer, more like the full-ownership condos that were marketed as vacation rental properties. They literally told us they did not want us living there when we looked at them in '97.

So, anyway, I see an upscale guy getting hold of a facility in serious need of updating, and setting out to do that. He probably has a vision of what could be. Why would you rename/rebrand it if that's not what you're trying to do?

& to an upscale, high-dollar guy, $781 probably is not a very big sum.

To bring the resort up to the level of others in the Branson area would take a lot of money . . . but if my dog was in this fight, I'd want to know what the plans are for the place, and then decide if it's right for me.

bbcoach

TUG Member
Reaction score
If true, then he needs to explain all of this to his owners in great detail.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
If true, then he needs to explain all of this to his owners in great detail.

Baseball or Basketball?

True???

That was just speculation . . . involuntary.