• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Ridge Resorts acquired by Holiday Inn Club Vacations

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Mountainside, Worldmark, Ridge Tahoe
I’ve owned at the Ridge for almost 20 years and am a weeks owner. I enjoy staying over Christmas and New Years every year. What does the acquisition mean to me. I own in the Tower and Plaza buildings.

There is a 2 year reservation window and I’m afraid the HICV reservations will crowd me out.

Will I ever be able to get Christmas and New Years again?

I have NO plan to spend any money converting to whatever program they have. I’m a weeks owner not a points owner.

I have 2 weeks at Marriotts Mountainside in Park City. No points there either. When I talk to the points people in Park City all they can say is how expensive it is and how many points they have to spend to come to Park City.

From what I’ve seen in my brief evaluation of the HICV resorts the Ridge could be their TOP ski resort.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I’ve owned at the Ridge for almost 20 years and am a weeks owner. I enjoy staying over Christmas and New Years every year. What does the acquisition mean to me. I own in the Tower and Plaza buildings.

There is a 2 year reservation window and I’m afraid the HICV reservations will crowd me out.

Will I ever be able to get Christmas and New Years again?

I have NO plan to spend any money converting to whatever program they have. I’m a weeks owner not a points owner.

I have 2 weeks at Marriotts Mountainside in Park City. No points there either. When I talk to the points people in Park City all they can say is how expensive it is and how many points they have to spend to come to Park City.

From what I’ve seen in my brief evaluation of the HICV resorts the Ridge could be their TOP ski resort.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Wow, that's a big change. Keep us posted.

Does HICV exchange only through RCI? Ridge Tahoe is always available in II so maybe that exchange inventory will go over to RCI now.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought I saw in the HICV brochure from an earlier post that HICV trades with both RCI & II.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I believe currently that only owners at HICV Williamsburg (both points and deeded owners) exchange through II. HICV points owners who own at both Williamsburg and other HICV can exchange through either.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was just on the HICV site and there was a link for II

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
If your contract states that you have a two year window, you should retain that right. Being able to make reservations that far out should be able to get in front of any new HICV newbies.

Within HICV as a rule, when you trade into a resort which is not your home resort, you maximum reservation window is 10 months. Any new sales will probably be 13 months.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Weeks owners at the Ridge have 2 options
1) 23 months for single week owners
2) 24 months for multiple weeks
3) ??? points system (this is about 5 years old) I don't know how it works (I think its a SCAM)
I’m afraid that the points system and HICV will scour up all the un its when I want to stay and no more Christmas and New Years for me.
Can HICV block out weeks owners?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I hope the transition goes well for you. When does the acquisition go through/happen?

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope the transition goes well for you. When does the acquisition go through/happen?
“When will the transition into the Holiday Inn Club resort network be complete?

We expect it to be complete by late 2020. At that time, the four resorts on property will be combined under the new name Holiday Inn Club Vacations Tahoe Ridge Resort.”

Reaction score
I am a member of a couple HICV groups on Facebook, and every so often, SilverLeaf owners who were taken over by HICV lost some of their benefits - even ones written in their contracts. Essentially, both SL and HICV say that there is fine print saying they can change benefits at any time.

TS

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think they can’t change the benefits, or they would have when the offered the “points system”

The last time when I went to the points system presentation they said, (like Marriott did) resale units cant be converted to points. (BFD) Points are a scam anyway.

I’m sure they will offer me the 1 time opportunity for the LITTLE sum of say $16,000 to convert to the HICV top tier points for each unit. HA :(:confused::eek::wall::wall::wall:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We own a HIVC week at Orange Lake, hopefully we can try the new Lake Tahoe location never been there so when will this be converted?
Silentg

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I think they can’t change the benefits, or they would have when the offered the “points system”

The last time when I went to the points system presentation they said, (like Marriott did) resale units cant be converted to points. (BFD) Points are a scam anyway.

I’m sure they will offer me the 1 time opportunity for the LITTLE sum of say $16,000 to convert to the HICV top tier points for each unit. HA :(:confused::eek::wall::wall::wall:

How are points a scam?

I don’t get that

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
How are points a scam?

I don’t get that
I can see them being considered crappy/a scam for those who have the exact unit and week they want (ocean front Maui in June,, mountain view Tahoe at Christmas etc) as once in the points systems there's no guarantee you'll get that week ever again if it's really high demand.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does DRI, own any weeks at this resort ?

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does DRI, own any weeks at this resort ?

I've always been a bit confused about the resorts up on the ridge line. There are more than one calling them self ridge. A press release set me straight, saying:
"Under previous ownership, The Ridge Resorts has operated as four different properties: The Ridge Tahoe, The Ridge Pointe, The Ridge View and The Ridge Crest; however, in late 2020, the entire resort will be branded as Holiday Inn Club Vacations Tahoe Ridge Resort and begin operating as one resort."
http://southtahoenow.com/story/11/13/2019/ridge-tahoe-acquired-holiday-inn-club-vacations

Diamond owns 320 weeks at Ridge Pointe.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How are points a scam?

I don’t get that
In my opinion at Marriott and at the Ridge points are a scam. I will use Marriott in my example, but I think the system at the Ridge is similar, along with other points system/conversion.
1) They use the same marketing on people who have shown it has worked on before. (Here’s a $100 to sit through the presentation)
2) They charge high fees to convert. (You already own it, and they are selling you what you again)
3) They cripple the system. If you don't join today or by a certain date you will not be able to convert in the future.
4) Resales are crippled. After a certain date, usually in the past, if you sell the new buyer gets less or has to pay large fees to get into the system.

IMHO if a system starts as weeks it should stay as weeks. If you want to trade that’s what II & RCI are for. $16K - $25K is a high price to pay for VOODOO!!!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
In my opinion at Marriott and at the Ridge points are a scam. I will use Marriott in my example, but I think the system at the Ridge is similar, along with other points system/conversion.
1) They use the same marketing on people who have shown it has worked on before. (Here’s a $100 to sit through the presentation)
2) They charge high fees to convert. (You already own it, and they are selling you what you again)
3) They cripple the system. If you don't join today or by a certain date you will not be able to convert in the future.
4) Resales are crippled. After a certain date, usually in the past, if you sell the new buyer gets less or has to pay large fees to get into the system.

IMHO if a system starts as weeks it should stay as weeks. If you want to trade that’s what II & RCI are for. $16K - $25K is a high price to pay for VOODOO!!!
Fair points. However there is flexibility in points unlike in weeks. But every system is different and I don't know a ton about HICV but they are a large and growing resort group with very good accommodations.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if "ridge points" which are something I know absolutely nothing about, become another way to buy HICV points resale. I own at Lake Geneva, which was a points system prior to the HICV takeover, so points in some form are part of the deed there, and do transfer to resale buyers.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC

So it’s the switching from weeks to points?
Not the actual use of points correct?

I never was a fan of points in the past but now we take full advantage of them with being able to change from 1bt to 4br and midweek Vs a full week

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So it’s the switching from weeks to points?
Not the actual use of points correct?

I never was a fan of points in the past but now we take full advantage of them with being able to change from 1bt to 4br and midweek Vs a full week
Yes, I have a Worldmark account and think Worldmark is fantastic.

One problem I have with the just points system is MEGA Owners. They at least in my experience find ways to game the system and none of the Top weeks Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, etc. are available to low tier points owners because all the mega owners are renting them on airbnb.

GEORGIO8079

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton ridge
Just got back from presentation at HICV basically they offered us 30k points for $7k we own 2 units both 2br 1 at naegle and 1 at terrace, basically we can keep our units and get 330k points for them will pay same maintenance fees plus $250 for new 30k points
They give you the option on still booking traditional way of using points
Not sure if it’s worth going this route

GEORGIO8079

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton ridge

they offered me 30k points for $7k and my 2 weeks that i own would convert to 330k points if i wanted to go that route, so you have the option to either reserve using weeks or points

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've always been a bit confused about the resorts up on the ridge line. There are more than one calling them self ridge. A press release set me straight, saying:
"Under previous ownership, The Ridge Resorts has operated as four different properties: The Ridge Tahoe, The Ridge Pointe, The Ridge View and The Ridge Crest; however, in late 2020, the entire resort will be branded as Holiday Inn Club Vacations Tahoe Ridge Resort and begin operating as one resort."
http://southtahoenow.com/story/11/13/2019/ridge-tahoe-acquired-holiday-inn-club-vacations

Diamond owns 320 weeks at Ridge Pointe.

Thanks for your answer and the website link. Merry Christmas.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just checked in. I didn’t get any of the rooms I requested. I did the 24month plus 3mont(September) with a fax/email request. I emailed my reservation at 12:01am September 1st 2017.

I guess I’m going to have to introduce myself to the GM AGAIN!!! I guess I should make lemonade when given lemons, but I’m getting pretty tired of lemonade around here. (Third year in a row)

They offered me $100 to go to the presentation at 8:30am on Monday or Friday. As far as I’m concerned that’s why I’m here. I’m here to ski when the lift opens, not sit in a room with bright lights in my face and thumb screws.