• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Ridge Resorts acquired by Holiday Inn Club Vacations

GEORGIO8079

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton ridge
Just checked in. I didn’t get any of the rooms I requested. I did the 24month plus 3mont(September) with a fax/email request. I emailed my reservation at 12:01am September 1st 2017.

I guess I’m going to have to introduce myself to the GM AGAIN!!! I guess I should make lemonade when given lemons, but I’m getting pretty tired of lemonade around here. (Third year in a row)

They offered me $100 to go to the presentation at 8:30am on Monday or Friday. As far as I’m concerned that’s why I’m here. I’m here to ski when the lift opens, not sit in a room with bright lights in my face and thumb screws.

Here is what i got offered today

Just got back from presentation at HICV basically they offered us 30k points for $7k we own 2 units both 2br 1 at naegle and 1 at terrace, basically we can keep our units and get 330k points for them will pay same maintenance fees plus $250 for new 30k points
They give you the option on still booking traditional way of using points
Not sure if it’s worth going this route

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Here is what i got offered today

Just got back from presentation at HICV basically they offered us 30k points for $7k we own 2 units both 2br 1 at naegle and 1 at terrace, basically we can keep our units and get 330k points for them will pay same maintenance fees plus $250 for new 30k points
They give you the option on still booking traditional way of using points
Not sure if it’s worth going this route

Not sure if you need to be at a certain level ownership or not but they used to allow you to bring in a resale as points if you bought something from them

That went away
But now I believe it’s poimt for point
So if you want to have an additional 500k in points. You could buy 250 from the. And they would allow 250k resale in

Again. Not sure how that is set up

We currently own enough and the only thing they have offered to us is going to the 2 million point ownership which I don’t see as offering any additional benefits other than more points tha. We own now

GEORGIO8079

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton ridge
Not sure if you need to be at a certain level ownership or not but they used to allow you to bring in a resale as points if you bought something from them

That went away
But now I believe it’s poimt for point
So if you want to have an additional 500k in points. You could buy 250 from the. And they would allow 250k resale in

Again. Not sure how that is set up

We currently own enough and the only thing they have offered to us is going to the 2 million point ownership which I don’t see as offering any additional benefits other than more points tha. We own now

what they said the 2 units we have are equivalent to 330k points with them but in order to get those you have to buy 30k points for $7k not sure if that’s a good deal or not, that will put us at preferred platinum

and you still get the options to use either points or same way we do now

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
The price per point is high but you would have to decide if converting what you own to points is worth the money

There are a few others here that know more about all that and maybe some other ways to get to what you ultimately want

GEORGIO8079

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton ridge
Yup hoping I’ll get an answer to help me decide

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It isn't a bad price if you like the locations offered through HICV. You could try to push to see if you can either get them down to $6000 for those 30,000 points. I don't think you would get it much lower. I don't know if they will keep the current option open for more than a year or so if you choice not to buy at this time. Non converted week owners at resorts that have been HICV for a while usually have to purchase more to convert their weeks.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
Hey GEORGIO8079 I think that is a good deal if you like the resort options that HICV has to offer. I did very close to the same thing except I had to pay $6,000 for 15,000 points but they converted my other points into the club which gave me 338,000 total so I am at that preferred level you would be at. I believe I have recouped my initial investment already in the free stays, reservation upgrades, and 10% discount for advanced bookings you get for being preferred. But I live on the east coast within driving distance of 7 or so of their locations and we home school our children so we can travel shoulder season, so we can really stretch those points. I would actually like to buy another resale contract now and then purchase a developer direct package to get up above 500,000 points but I guess I need to go into the shark tank at our next trip to see what kind of deal I can negotiate.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I’m a little confused but never purchased just 30k points

Is that not $0.23 per point?
If so can’t you find a better price?

I understand the benefits may well be worth the conversion but we are at about $.07 per point and I know others are even less than that

Maybe those numbers are no longer even obtainable but I’m just wonder if the $7000 for 30k is the norm

Also
If they will still allow you to bring in an additional resale and give you the point value for equal points purchased from them wouldn’t it be better to buy a resale week worth 150k and then the equal amount of points from them for a total of 300k plus what you own for a larger package?

I would think buying 150k would maybe be easier to deal with them on

Just a thought. And hope my story makes sense

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey Gypsy65. You mean your maintenance fee is at $.07 per point right? We’re talking about the upfront purchase price.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Hey Gypsy65. You mean your maintenance fee is at $.07 per point right? We’re talking about the upfront purchase price.

No
Purchase price
We have just over 1 million points and paid around $70,000 with some new purchased and brought some in from resale
And if my math is correct. Is t that around $.07 per point?

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
This is what we did
We owned a few eBay weeks which had a point value of 593,000
In order to convert those to full points and reach out million point goal we had to buy some developer
So we bought a 50,000 point Signature for like $12,000 or $0.24 per point
And a 361,000 point for I think $60,000 or about $0.16 per point

Divide that across all we own and it’s about $0.07 per point

I think they stopped doing the way we bought but believe I was told they will do point for point, so for every point purchased from the developer they will slow a point of resale to transfer in

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh ok I see what you are saying. So the OP would get 330,000 points brought in if he buys 30,000 for $7,000. So by your example that would be 360,000 points for $7,000 or just a little under $.02 per point.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Oh ok I see what you are saying. So the OP would get 330,000 points brought in if he buys 30,000 for $7,000. So by your example that would be 360,000 points for $7,000 or just a little under $.02 per point.

Correct
But the price per point for the $7000 / 30k is still a little high ( same as our 50k Signature unit was high ) but it’s a small amount of points so maybe they deal less on that and the plus side of that is he can bring the others owned in as points which at least in our case work out very well being able to split the amount of days up and size of unit

We do a big variety of stays. Sometimes just a 1br week end and others the 4/5 br Signature unit for a week if there’s a bunch of us going

If he ever wanted to get to say 600k in points. Then now would be the time to do it as he could or should be able to buy a eBay week for $1000 that has 200k point value and maybe not have to buy the matching point value from them ( another 200k ) since they seem to be working with him on all of that

From what I understand though is that the way they’re doing it now is point for point. So 1 point resale requires 1 point developer purchase
So if you want an additional 300k in points You can buy the 150 resale but need 150k purchased from them

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah I wonder if you go to a update say at the end of January when there not as busy and maybe they want to meet a month end quota if they would be more willing to “deal” in bring in resale weeks. It would be interesting if someone who has worked in TS sales could chime in.

vacas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dvc
Great thread, my Uncle is an owner here from around when the resort opened. I remember visiting him there in the early 90s. I will have to get his thoughts. Does anyone have a points chart for this new resort? I can't seem to find one yet.

vacas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dvc
Thanks, thats the guide I have and it doesn't even have the recently acquired resort in Genoa, NV. I need a chart for that as well lol.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Thanks, thats the guide I have and it doesn't even have the recently acquired resort in Genoa, NV. I need a chart for that as well lol.

If the 2020 is out I haven’t seen it yet

I did just try logging on to their site but it says down for maintenance

Maybe they’re updating the guide?

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owner Services says that the point values have not been finalized yet.

-Scott

smtundra

Reaction score
I was on the Ridge website and saw HICV all over it. I own deeded weeks at the resort in Williamsburg. It was probably 6 years ago and I researched a lot whether to convert to points. I chose not to even though they were not going to charge me for it. I did not want to pay the member fees since I already had another resort with Interval. (I have been able to trade very well with my week).

Also, one thing to consider is resale. Most times, when you spend money to get into the points program, and then later resell, basically the new owner has to pay fees to use or convert to points. I've been happy with II and just kept my deeded week and really have not seen any negative changes. I'm not a fan of points. Say you convert a deed to points, then later the amount of points to stay a week goes up, all of a sudden you don't have a enough points to stay a full week.

I did trade into here about 3 years ago. It is a nice property and I think HICV would be good a sprucing it up.

Last edited:

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked in. I didn’t get any of the rooms I requested. I did the 24month plus 3mont(September) with a fax/email request. I emailed my reservation at 12:01am September 1st 2017.

I guess I’m going to have to introduce myself to the GM AGAIN!!! I guess I should make lemonade when given lemons, but I’m getting pretty tired of lemonade around here. (Third year in a row)

They offered me $100 to go to the presentation at 8:30am on Monday or Friday. As far as I’m concerned that’s why I’m here. I’m here to ski when the lift opens, not sit in a room with bright lights in my face and thumb screws.

Hello Tokapeba,
Happy New Year. I own one week only and will not convert to points. I don't see any benefit with HICV points but I will be sitting through an owner update around President's day week.
What do you mean by 24months+3months, I know multi unit iwners can reserve at 24month window but I am not aware of +3month option, what is that? TIA

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Been a owner of the point system with HICV system since they starting the expansion in 2009 converting original Orange Lake deed to the new point system.
Once the point value has been set for the week you own I have not seen any "increase" for the same week not allowing one to use the week they own.
I have seen silverleaf red weeks once owned downgrade to a lesser season than points put on unit accordingly.

I hope that they find a fair way to bring you all in with us to make people happy and not upset like silverleaf owners where.
Going to be give and take when a merger happens, I love the growth. From just Orange lake to 29 places so far, I'm pretty happy!

Dave

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
I talked to Owner Services today and they still don't have an ETA on releasing points charts for New Orleans or Tahoe yet. The agent did say that HICV is planning to bring 3-4 more resorts into the program this year.

-Scott

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I talked to Owner Services today and they still don't have an ETA on releasing points charts for New Orleans or Tahoe yet. The agent did say that HICV is planning to bring 3-4 more resorts into the program this year.

-Scott
I have the New Orleans chart if you want it