• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The real deal about Ivermectin.

Brett

Reaction score

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well if you are a breakthrough case with symptoms, you might want to know about these other Covid-19 treatment options. Being vaccinated, of which I am a strong proponent, is not 100% effective. These treatment options can be helpful. I am not advocating them as replacements for vaccinations.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
"Comment to ACIP meeting of August 30, 2021 submitted by
Steve Kirsch
Executive Director of the COVID-19 Early Treatment Fund"

Wow is all I can say. I read it but will need to go though the links. The communications to the FDA of the data is interesting but what would anyone expect from FDA anyway. The FDA still has marijuana listed as a drug that is as dangerous as fentanyl.

Bill

geekette

Reaction score
Wow is all I can say. I read it but will need to go though the links. The communications to the FDA of the data is interesting but what would anyone expect from FDA anyway. The FDA still has marijuana listed as a drug that is as dangerous as fentanyl.

Bill
Except I heard that a joint used as a suppository is effective in treating covid. Guy down the street that people call "Doc" told me.

/s

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Except I heard that a joint used as a suppository is effective in treating covid. Guy down the street that people call "Doc" told me.

/s
Was your "doc" featured on 60 Minutes?

You may want to watch this video first then read that article.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
"Baby Doc" Jean-Claude Duvalier was featured on 60 minutes. I'll ask him if getting vaccinated is a good idea...

geekette

Reaction score
Well if you are a breakthrough case with symptoms, you might want to know about these other Covid-19 treatment options. Being vaccinated, of which I am a strong proponent, is not 100% effective. These treatment options can be helpful. I am not advocating them as replacements for vaccinations.
I might want to know about treatment options, but I'll ask my doctor, not the internet or politicians. I've pretty much been settled on asking for monoclonal antibodies for maybe a year now. But I.'ll settle for what my front lines pandemic treating physician knows works. Not asking a judge to force doctor to treat me with nonstandard stuff. Anyone wanting alternative treatments should certainly seek out alternative doctors. I'm sticking with mainstream thinking on this.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
A new, expensive oral treatment for COVID. I will be interested in seeing the chemical formula, and compare it to other "ineffective" drugs. . . .

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
A new, expensive oral treatment for COVID. I will be interested in seeing the chemical formula, and compare it to other "ineffective" drugs. . . .

And developed by Merck who also makes Ivermectin.

I'm all for treatments for COVID. I just wish we had some better funding/efforts into good clinical trials for these things (we put all our efforts into vaccines and very little, IMO, towards treatments). And when I say treatments, I realize that probably 90+% are actually treating the symptoms of the virus (any virus really). Even with Flu and viral Pneuomia, (with the exception of Tami-flu I think), everything else is treating the symptoms.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This study published last March finds that Ivermectin is an effective drug for treating covid.

Bill

Abstract
Aim: COVID-19 is currently the biggest threat to mankind. Recently, ivermectin (a US FDA-approved antiparasitic drug) has been explored as an anti-SARS-CoV-2 agent. Herein, we have studied the possible mechanism of action of ivermectin using in silico approaches. Materials & methods: Interaction of ivermectin against the key proteins involved in SARS-CoV-2 pathogenesis were investigated through molecular docking and molecular dynamic simulation. Results: Ivermectin was found as a blocker of viral replicase, protease and human TMPRSS2, which could be the biophysical basis behind its antiviral efficiency. The antiviral action and ADMET profile of ivermectin was on par with the currently used anticorona drugs such as hydroxychloroquine and remdesivir. Conclusion: Our study enlightens the candidature of ivermectin as an effective drug for treating COVID-19.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
This study published last March finds that Ivermectin is an effective drug for treating covid.

Bill
The study was all on Covid in a test tube on on a microscope slide. Per the notes at the end, this study had no human or animal study participants. I could squirt some covid infected liquid into a can of peanut butter or a bottle of red wine and see how proteins bind but it really wouldn't make peanut butter an effective treatment for Covid.

It reminded me of Linus Pauling, a well regarded biochemist and chemical engineer who spent his later life on research that Vitamin C could cure cancer, HIV and heart disease. Yes the common cold, HIV and many other viruses will die if you put them in a glass of orange juice but you need to be able to back it up with actual studies with people who have the virus to show efficacy.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Follow the money - who has the most to gain by promoting Ivermectin? Who recently made big investments - there's your study!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The study was all on Covid in a test tube on on a microscope slide. Per the notes at the end, this study had no human or animal study participants. I could squirt some covid infected liquid into a can of peanut butter or a bottle of red wine and see how proteins bind but it really wouldn't make peanut butter an effective treatment for Covid.

This is how studies prove the mechanism or pathway of molucule interaction. Ivermectin blocks viral replication which makes it an anti-viral. This is my point. What's your point ? You couldn't do what you say and be published in the NIH. Your post is in bad taste unless you really like peanut butter.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Follow the money - who has the most to gain by promoting Ivermectin? Who recently made big investments - there's your study!

Being that Ivermectin is as cheap and safe as aspirin I don't get your question. Maybe you're thinking of the new Mereks pill called molnupiravir which attacks the covid virus in a similar way as Ivermectin.

Bill

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm thinking of Ivermectin - why did it suddenly explode out of the woodwork? Follow the money. And it's not safe - people who are buying it at the feed store and self-medicating are poisoning themselves.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
This is how studies prove the mechanism or pathway of molucule interaction. Ivermectin blocks viral replication which makes it an anti-viral. This is my point. What's your point ? You couldn't do what you say and be published in the NIH. Your post is in bad taste unless you really like peanut butter.

Bill
My point is the article doesn't show that ivermectin "is an effective drug for treating Covid". The article's conclusion is that ivermectin should be a candidate for actual studies to see if it is an effective drug for treating Covid.
"Conclusion: Our study enlightens the candidature of ivermectin as an effective drug for treating COVID-19."

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
can·di·da·ture
1. the fact or condition of being considered for a particular position or status; candidacy.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Being that Ivermectin is as cheap and safe as aspirin I don't get your question. Maybe you're thinking of the new Mereks pill called molnupiravir which attacks the covid virus in a similar way as Ivermectin.

Bill
Aspirin isn't recommended for everyone and taking it for something that it isn't effective for really isn't a good idea. I guess if I am careful not to take too high a dose I could take Asprin for pink eye but no good doctor is going to recommend aspirin for pink eye.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If Merck had the data to back up Ivermectin as a valid treatment for covid 19, they would have published it and would have asked for approval to use for treatment of Covid or at least would have said that they are working on preliminary studies and intend to seek approval in the future. Even if it wouldn't be a huge money maker for them, they already put in the research to develop it and already know the side effects and safe levels for humans so they are more than half way there and the name recognition for having a cheap covid treatment would be worth a lot of money if it actually worked. The fact that they aren't working toward getting approval makes me think it's a dead end.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If Merck had the data to back up Ivermectin as a valid treatment for covid 19, they would have published it and would have asked for approval to use for treatment of Covid or at least would have said that they are working on preliminary studies and intend to seek approval in the future. Even if it wouldn't be a huge money maker for them, they already put in the research to develop it and already know the side effects and safe levels for humans so they are more than half way there and the name recognition for having a cheap covid treatment would be worth a lot of money if it actually worked. The fact that they aren't working toward getting approval makes me think it's a dead end.

Ivermectin has been around long enough that there are many studies and observations with its use in humans for other than Covid type diseases including viruses such as encephalitis virus, yellow fever virus and flaviviruses. This drug is currently used in other countries and in the USA with reported success regarding covid. Ivermectin does work to stop viral replication and the study published in NIH demonstrates how.

I kind of agree that it may have hit a dead end with the availability of molnupiravir if it gets approval. Why would Mercks want to sell anything else ?

Bill