• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The new rules ?

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In Alberta, our top doctor has just said that if you have the variant of COVID your quarantine could be as long as 24 days. 10 days for the confirmed person and 14 more days for anyone in contact with them. This is going to make my friends still teaching a little crazy. One has been in COVID jail as she calls it twice so far this school year. Of course she is expected to teach online during her quarantine. The variant has been found at a day care and not surprisingly they had older siblings who went into the schools. Not sure how or when this is going to end as we are having problems getting vaccines.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Diane...I'm sure you are keeping regular tabs on the CV19 UK variant outbreak in Barrie, the worst outbreak in the country where I am, having relocated from HS Valley 7 years ago. The outbreak at Roberta Place LTC has now claimed 63 of the 129 residents in just 3/4 weeks. There is also evidence of community spread. There have been calls to put a temporary iron ring around the metropolis....no one in, no one out. I don't think that will happen, but the numbers locally are not diminishing. We have restricted our outings to just necessities and neighbourhood walks, double masking whenever we enter stores. This won't last forever but everyone is on edge here!

Hi, yes I am reading the Barrie and other Ontario and Canadian news online many times a day. We have better internet down here this year so I can call Dad on a Voip line almost every day. I see this morning Roberta Place now is reporting 66 deaths. So sad! My dad and many relatives (incl. DS#2 & family) live in Barrie and we live 20 mins north. Our DS#2's best friend was the assistant administrator of that home a few years ago but left to take an admin position with a home in Toronto which turned out to be the place where Doug Ford's mother-in-law lives. He is also good friends with the care worker from there that is (was?) in intensive care. Being a retired PSW and having worked through the SARS scare many years ago I can still only imagine what the nursing staff and PSWs are going through.

Stay safe!

~Diane

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
It's not done for safety. It's apparently done to score political points with the vast majority of Canadians who are happy to see punishment for those who choose to travel.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know of 5 snowbird couples who have gone south this winter, to Florida, Arizona and Mexico. Two couples own condos in Fla and Az, but the others have rented for the season. One Florida couple both around 70, have indicated on FB they have both had their first jab. We are in Ontario and haven't gone anywhere this winter, and I'm getting concerned we may not get our first shots until early summer. We've tried to do the right thing, but maybe those that went south were smarter.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Trying not to get pounced upon for disobeying JT and going south, but we think the hassle of returning is going to be a small price to pay for spending 3 months in the warm sunshine of Belize riding our bikes around town rather than being cooped up in our home north of Barrie Ontario. As I said to my sister-in-law just after we arrived here, you just cant beat standing on your porch in January wearing flipflops, shorts and a tank top, as you BBQ supper while watching the sun set behind the palm trees while a flock of parrots are squawking in the trees in the backyard.

We are being very careful down here and so is everybody else. Mask wearing is being done by everybody here, even the homeless and small children. In the last few weeks there are fewer positive Covid tests and deaths in the whole country of Belize (pop. near 400K) for a week, as there are in just 1 day in Simcoe County where we live. DH (being a firefighter) will be getting his 1st jab as soon as we are out of quarantine next month. I will have to wait a few weeks/months for mine. If we had decided to detour via Florida for a month or so on the way home we both would have been able to get our shots as FL homeowners. We also know a few snowbirds who have received theirs while wintering in Florida.

~Diane