• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Your complaints seem to be more how it works rather than does it work at all

I agree the search function isn't what it should be but more important to me at this point is knowing that I can't trust what i find in a search is really there. Ie phantom availability, upgrades disallowed and inventory never loaded bother are the problems that bother me

+ that

The main problem with the website is that it doesn't work.

WYN needs to focus on the basics. Forget any bells or whistles or any new program changes they want to implement. Stop trying to auto-upgrade -- IT DOESN'T WORK (WYN if you'd like screenshots, PM me). It's complicated -- and if they are still trying to do it, it's just eating up processing resources. They can go back to that later.

Focus on:
* Access (logins work consistently)
* Booking
* Cancelling
* Accurate inventory - What's there is really there. And what's available shows up regardless of how I search.
* Accurate points accounting
* Searching (and yes, give us next available, etc, decent industry standard type search capabilities)

Then worked on your enhanced features!

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
The main problem with the website is it works against us retirees who can get away anytime. With no 'first available' option the process is very time consuming. We have to search each resort, each size unit at each resort, each type (disability) of unit for each size unit at each resort to find something first available. Whereas, with the 'first available' option we had in the old website we could search up to 5 resorts for every size unit available with one click of the mouse. What use to take seconds now can take an hour or even more.

Think about it, what logic is there in designing a new website that make its primary function more difficult to use and limits its search capabilities unless it was by design. The new website benefits Wyndham and Extra Holidays, not us who are retired and can get away at the drop of a dime. What Wyndham did was devalue the product for us retirees and probably thousands upon thousands of others owners. When we travel we will voice our opinion to perspective buyers and other owners and tell them about TUG and eBay until we get the 'first available' option back. Maybe when sales drop off they'll stop circle jerking and make the website right. A new website with updated technology shouldn't perform like website's from the early '90s.

You do have a first available option. Instead of picking a resort , pick a state , area or region. Plug in dates, leave room type open and hit search. Every size of available inventory will appear. It's not as fast as the old way but it is functional. As for no available inventory, not much one can do about that.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You do have a first available option. Instead of picking a resort , pick a state , area or region. Plug in dates, leave room type open and hit search. Every size of available inventory will appear. It's not as fast as the old way but it is functional. As for no available inventory, not much one can do about that.
I want to make sure I'm following this correctly.
When I do that, I'll see all the resorts (in FL for example), and have to select 'View Availability Inventory' for each one.
Then I get a list of all the room types at the resort I selected.
And then search through each room type until I see something.
If feel like I'm missing something (because for me that's a stretch to call that functional).

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
When I do that, I'll see all the resorts (in FL for example), and have to select 'View Availability Inventory' for each one.
If feel like I'm missing something (because for me that's a stretch to call that functional).

I will pick the state I want to go to, then the dates I want to go, I do not choose room ttpe. Then when I hit search I get all the available resorts with each individual room type. Then hit the book button next to the one I want. Now if there is no availability at all I will switch dates and try again but you have to enter the state or region again also.

There shouldn't be anything about 'view available inventory'. The inventory should be there to pick from.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

Your method get you the availability calander for each resort, which as you noted is a pain. Cayman01's method you get the actual inventory with all available unit sizes. What cayman01 is doing differently is putting in the dates. I alway found the search for first available in the old system completely useless because what good does it do me to know that the first available date is tomorrow. Usually, actually always, if I'm going to travel I do know the dates I'm going to travel. So I can put in California or West and put the dates I want and a list sorted by resort of all the available inventory will be displayed.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I will pick the state I want to go to, then the dates I want to go, I do not choose room ttpe. Then when I hit search I get all the available resorts with each individual room type. Then hit the book button next to the one I want. Now if there is no availability at all I will switch dates and try again but you have to enter the state or region again also.

There shouldn't be anything about 'view available inventory'. The inventory should be there to pick from.

Looks like we were typing at the same time. The only problem I've seen with this method it that sometimes the Book button next to the unit you want doesn't work. But if you just do another search for the specific resort with the same dates, you'll see the same inventory and the Book button will work.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham would say its being done to make the reservations process fairer... Either way the practical effect will be that the megarenters will be out of business.
The thrust of the changes is to make reservations by rental businesses of any size comparable (fair) for all owners. (Mega)Owners will not be scooping up 3 and 4 bedroom reservations at 13 or 10 months with the expectation of cancelling/rebooking/upgrading into these units for VIP discounts. That will leave these units for other owners to book for full points at 13 months or 10 months with no expectation of cancelling; they only want to reserve these vacations at full points to enjoy with their families. This is what they paid for, so why not?

If a rental business can make reservations at full points and still turn a profit, Wyndham seems to be OK with this. If a rental business wants to make speculative reservations and add the guest name after 48 hours, this is possible for the cost of a guest confirmation.

While not ideal from an owner-usage perspective, it is a definite improvement.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
look at this email i got today

I wonder who Mary is?

logonew.gif
Ron Parise <ronparise@gmail.com>
Welcome to myclubwyndham.com!

do_not_reply@myclubwyndham.com <do_not_reply@myclubwyndham.com> Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 3:41 PM
To: ronparise@gmail.com
BQSsdwPFPhojTtePDCLo7y9Gm_6f50jILXmcJX1A04ovQThhopylizksZRSJ-C1jDEpmS1P55H7MyBNgeZiPAAqgWxjxSLyFxJ9MevuUiPt_sgF6Bt2eil6604i-OvwrH3mN=s0-d-e1-ft

Hi MARY I MORRIS
Thank you for registering an account with myclubwyndham.com! We’re thrilled to have you join us as we launch our new owner website.

Go ahead, poke around. While many innovative features are still in the works, you can take advantage of a few features right now. Don’t forget to visit "My Ownership" to verify your information and add a profile photo.

Thank you,
Your CLUB WYNDHAM® Team

Please Do Not Reply To This Message.

About Us Terms of Use Privacy Notice FAQ

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Wyndham is probably using cloud services for their resources instead of physical devices. They either underestimated the amount of processing power, disk space or memory they would need or were too cheap to pay for it. The database either can’t handle the number of transactions taking place at certain times or does not have enough memory to hold the complete table information for you to view. Member’s points are being hosed up because the database can’t either pull the correct data, the table is corrupt or the data hasn't been written back into a table. You can't find availability for probably the same reasons.

Just my in the weeds version and 2 cents on the problem. I think it will get better over time, once they figure out the correct amount of resources. Anyone who has ever worked with virtual machines knows the tedious job of trying to find the right mix of resources to give each device. Of course, testing is the key, it doesn’t look like Wyndham took the time to do that.
Good weeds.

What is the likelihood they underestimated all three required resources? The longer they allow this to continue without expanding the resources what happens to the integrity of the DBs? Do they continue to crumble [corrupt] over time? The DB table sizes are significant with extremely high volumes of transactional activity. An additional question is what happens when a data table is inaccurate at the onset of the rollout (points accounting not accurately reconciled so the data sets start out with wrong information) and then that data gets a multitude of transactions on top of those starting errors?

Agree that getting the right combination of resources in a VM can be VERY tedious (fixed or dynamic tradeoffs in play) and with large systems, that have volumous amounts of transational activity, resources get consumed quickly. If they didn't allocate adequately, one of the beautiful things about VM's is that both CPU and memory resources can be expanded somewhat seemlessly to the EU. It is the expansion of disk size that gets a slightly more complex. But it can be done. A good cloud service provider will snapshot the VMDK with frequent regularity (built into the service contracts). Presume Wyndham's IT is doing this also with even greater frequency given the growing problems with the data integrity. TGF redundancy!

It's the lack of testing that gets confusing because multiple VM's can easily be run concurrent with a broad spectrum of criteria [presumes adequate resources are made available to set up multiple VMs however]. This shortcuts some of the testing time. VMs have been used for developmental systems testing in IT for quite a while because they do not require the capital outlay that physical machines demand and they can cut over structural modifications seemlessly to the EU's.

So where does this leave us? Are we back to thinking that 1) the original structure was poorly designed (speaks to functionality) and/or 2) are they being too cheap to pay for the expansion resources necessary to keep the system from getting overloaded? Or both? Also, where does the "No DB of available inventory" fit into all of the current issues owners are having trying to search inventory that does not exist? Really like the in the weeds perspective. Agree with the likelihood of the system running in cloud-based VM's. But VM's can be expanded, with adequate capital to pay for the expansions (still significantly less $$ than expanding PMs).

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
CO skier said:
That will leave these units for other owners to book for full points at 13 months or 10 months with no expectation of cancelling; they only want to reserve these vacations at full points to enjoy with their families. This is what they paid for, so why not?
Am fairly certain there are a lot of VIP owners that thought they were paying for significantly MORE than only getting vacations at full point value, mega-renters aside.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Your method get you the availability calander for each resort, which as you noted is a pain. Cayman01's method you get the actual inventory with all available unit sizes. What cayman01 is doing differently is putting in the dates. I alway found the search for first available in the old system completely useless because what good does it do me to know that the first available date is tomorrow. Usually, actually always, if I'm going to travel I do know the dates I'm going to travel. So I can put in California or West and put the dates I want and a list sorted by resort of all the available inventory will be displayed.

The old system showed you days available for 2 months and was way way easier to find availability.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Am fairly certain there are a lot of VIP owners that thought they were paying for significantly MORE than only getting vacations at full point value, mega-renters aside.

Exactly. This may be more fair to families who own a small deed but Platinum owners who have spent a small fortune to get more perks it is a disaster :(

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Exactly. This may be more fair to families who own a small deed but Platinum owners who have spent a small fortune to get more perks it is a disaster :(
We can only hope they really take this in the gut as far as new sales. Definitely hard to justify the cost of VIP Platinum today. Sales will need to go to a new level of lying to sell VIP - especially to get anyone to upgrade if they've had any experience whatsoever with the new enhanced system. Resale is certainly the way to go - I can't imagine they really thought this through.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
And Wyndham collected the full dollars on those Silver, Gold and Platinum (from the initial little points purchase to the 1,000,000+) contracts ... but Wyndham truly only wants HAPPY & EXCITED little buyers ... who will continue to MOVE UP in ownership (aka continue to buy MORE developer points).

But hit that Platinum Level .... after spending all that MONEY .... and now, discover they are the step-children of both parents as they are living with new house rules, a $99 fee for their family & friends who are 'thinking' of coming, lost reservations and hard to search & time consuming for multiple vacation options.

Why should a 55 or 65 or 75+ year OWNER need a teenager to master their new & partially working vacation reservation computer system?

Those OWNERS could handle & use their computer reservation system 2 months ago ... today, they have to sit for the hours on the phone ... JUST trying to get a live person to answer their phone call ... who may or may not help them to book what they want ... or find ANYTHING which is better than nothing.

PLEASE, Wyndham, your owner base (customers) are NOT 20yo computer gamers who will be using this (your) reservation system.

PS. Yes, there are a few "well to do" 20yo targets to become Wyndham Vacation Club owners. But most under 30yo persons don't have but a week or so of vacation time. Those 65yo have much more vacation time.... and no preschool costs.... and no college loans.... and most without mortgages.... and GRANDKIDS to spoil.

ohdewer

Reaction score
Good weeds.

From my experience, the problem is that you have business-minded people making IT decisions. They concentrate on the financial or marketing aspect of a project rather than the functionality. As you stated, adding resources or starting up a new VM is simple. However, some people forget it is the actual operation of the system that matters, not the bells and whistles you want to show to upper management and sales.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Also remember the top folks at Wyndham have come out of Sales not Resort Management or Guest Services. This drastically narrows their focus at the Corporate Level and their ability to understand issues/needs like IT/IS.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
We can only hope they really take this in the gut as far as new sales. Definitely hard to justify the cost of VIP Platinum today. Sales will need to go to a new level of lying to sell VIP - especially to get anyone to upgrade if they've had any experience whatsoever with the new enhanced system. Resale is certainly the way to go - I can't imagine they really thought this through.

This is going to crush sales. Half of their sales come from existing owners. After a couple spins on the new website who in their right mind is going to buy more points from Wyndham? Anybody think the Facebook group is breaking out their check books? Wyndham really blew this. And as has been said this will be no quick fix.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
From my experience, the problem is that you have business-minded people making IT decisions. They concentrate on the financial or marketing aspect of a project rather than the functionality. As you stated, adding resources or starting up a new VM is simple. However, some people forget it is the actual operation of the system that matters, not the bells and whistles you want to show to upper management and sales.
Yep! And when the decision-makers knowingly pull the trigger to suit only the narrow focus of those marketing and financial aspects, IT gets saddled with the Grande Scramble to put it right after-the-fact.

Now we have hampsters that can never get off the wheel because the EU's are transacting in DBs that are loosing integrity on a continuum. The data tables associated with inventory availability will eventually be the least challenging to resolve. It's the back trace on owner accounts that will be the ever growing nightmare. If the system keeps seeing inaccuracies in the availability of the data "currencies" used to make the transactions, owners get stopped cold until that back trace can happen. Triage grows from the occasional correction to an epidemic.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...eneral-discussion.256063/page-59#post-2019788

Baby Jane

Reaction score
This is going to crush sales. Half of their sales come from existing owners. After a couple spins on the new website who in their right mind is going to buy more points from Wyndham? Anybody think the Facebook group is breaking out their check books? Wyndham really blew this. And as has been said this will be no quick fix.

We can only hope it does but sales is so good at lying I doubt it will :(

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The thrust of the changes is to make reservations by rental businesses of any size comparable (fair) for all owners. (Mega)Owners will not be scooping up 3 and 4 bedroom reservations at 13 or 10 months with the expectation of cancelling/rebooking/upgrading into these units for VIP discounts. That will leave these units for other owners to book for full points at 13 months or 10 months with no expectation of cancelling; they only want to reserve these vacations at full points to enjoy with their families. This is what they paid for, so why not?

If a rental business can make reservations at full points and still turn a profit, Wyndham seems to be OK with this. If a rental business wants to make speculative reservations and add the guest name after 48 hours, this is possible for the cost of a guest confirmation.

Wrong! What are you smoking to think ANYTHING is an improvement with the new website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
CO skier said:
SERIOUSLY? When it is "not ideal from owner-user perspective" in a system intended primarily for that owner-user to make transactions there is NOTHING definite that could be considered an improvement. Back trace your dots dude. Your logic account needs an audit!!!!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score

You are missing the point - we and so many other retired owners can take off anytime. Let's say it's Monday and we decide to get away and go somewhere, anywhere. Destination basically doesn't matter. That's where the 'first available' option comes in. By deleting that option Wyndham is basically saying to the retired owners, 'we don't care about your needs or wants. We got your money and that's all that matters to us'. That's what I hear by their action. What took seconds to accomplish now can take an hour or more. A new website with updated technology shouldn't perform like website's from the early '90s. In other words, Wyndham dumbed down the website to benefit them and Extra Holiday.

When we travel we will talk to perspective buyers and other owners about what Wyndham did to us and how they crammed that piece of crap abortion of a website down our throats. By blowing the whistle on Wyndham to others while at the resorts and hopefully prevent them from buying. That's another way increase availability, Wyndham!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

The key words in what you have said is "they thought" If they thought they got more than free upgrades and discounted reservations, within their discount and upgrade window (subject to availability)..... They thought wrong

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
1622091_689315811120431_1834406959_n.jpg

Club Wyndham
We recognize that some of you are having trouble logging in or navigating the new owner website. We understand how much you value your travel and we’re dedicated to successfully onboarding every owner. As we continue to assist those still experiencing challenges, these resources may help: http://wy.ndh.am/2sVPi3T

I was just on Facebook and saw this post from Club Wyndham. I read the 115 comments that are recent within the past day. There are so many more unhappy owners out there than the few, by comparison, posting here on TUG. Every issue with the new website that we've talked about here on TUG is mentioned repeatedly in the comments.

There are owners who have recently, are currently or will be soon staying at the various resorts. They are making it a point to tell the other people at the resorts not to buy Wyndham. Several said that in the past they were the ones who talked up Wyndham and recommended buying. It appears that there is/will be a larger number than I speculated there would be of rightfully disgruntled owners making it their mission to warn people off! Hey Wyndham, can you hear us now?
Jan, I think they may have capped the comments to 120. Did 46 pages of screenshots capturing all the complaints on that FB thread. Likely it will get wiped out soon.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how long sales will have to suffer before a new rule gets implemented.

WYN needs to give the VIPs their discount and next level up in points required as an upgrade at time of booking. Then lock out that reservation from being able ad a GC to that reservation. That gives the VIP OWNER the discount and upgrades they deserve and no discount to GCs reservations.

If you have family that usually travel every year add them as owners to a deed you already have. You don't have to buy a resale contract to do that.
If they are so afraid of the liability they don't deserve a discount and or upgrade in my opinion. Why should they expect all the perks from you for nothing.

This would stop the discounts and upgrades on GC reservations.

Going to Owner Update in a little bit. Going to show me how to cancel - rebook with Voyager. Should be fun to learn new tricks.
Sales weasels haven't lost cancel - rebook tactic yet.
Will report back on all the new tricks