• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Wyndham has Apps for all their ventures except for us, WVR. They have some Apps under Club Wyndham, but they are for their rental businesses like Extra Holidays, etc. It would be easier, not that anything associated with the piece of crap website they crammed down our throats is easy and simple, for owners to search and book on a platform designed for an iPad, etc., than web based website on a Mobil device. But then why make anything easy for those who are paying them to work for us and maintain the systems. Go figure?

I'm sure an app would be fairly simple to build assuming the database it pulls from is properly populated with no errors, and the business processes are well defined. Since none of that is happening, and the website that's supposed to connect owners with their data is full of its own errors (even beyond the data issues), I'm thinking that Wyndham has months of priorities to go before it's even worth mentioning an app.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
BellaWyn I am with you. I am also in IT but something that no one has mentioned here is how upper management that has NO clue as to the workings of specific programs will make a decision that it has a deadline and "hell or high water" will not postpone it anymore. I think that is what happened here. there was an uneducated deadline date placed on this rollout and no matter how much IT programmers may have fought it, they lost. From what I can see they have a large task ahead of them and I wonder how many of the original designers or PM are still there. Hopefully we can be patient and little by little things will start to get straightened out.
Have no doubt about the clueless upper management related to understanding specifics of IT workings. Management goals and rigid deadlines often get foisted onto IT as the "fix it" solution to a management agenda. What people do not realize, including management, is that developing a functional system that is required to manage the dynamic volume of data transactions that occur is just beasty!! It takes MULTIPLE levels of testing prior to rollout. Each level of testing must be SUCCESSFUL first, prior to going to the next level.

It's likely testing was happening, to some degree, in the development prior to the August 2016 suspensions. But new information came to light during that process and CRITERIA CHANGED. Deadlines were still in place, then delayed (only slightly) but not enough to adequately TEST based on the changed criteria. Now everyone is in "fly by the seat of the pants" mode to meet the deadline. IT would know that a "fail" was imminent with the release and yet the uneducated management pulled the trigger anyway.

So, let's give the uneducated management a brief moment of "benefit of the doubt" break because a lot of people are "clueless" when it comes to all this IT stuff. It's complicated and geek-speak just rolls over the top of our heads, right? Likely in all that geek-speak when management was being told "will fail, not ready, not enough time to test the changes" it all sounded like "wah wah wah, Wah wah wah, Meh, Wah wah, Yadda yadda, Zie ga zink" to management because their brains were screaming "gotta hit the deadline, plug the holes, cannot be that hard, too long to develop, gelt yadda yadda gelt."

OK, break over. ROLLOUT FAILED

But the hubris that refuses to pull it back is still in play. Which results in the delightful Voyager TRIP we are now experiencing.

It is also likely that the original design was intended to be a full implementation of the system. What we are actually experiencing is a phased rollout, with broken pieces, that have gone untested. HUGE difference in IT strategy.

So, back to observations from day one of the rollout -- WE, the owners, are now testing the system LIVE as they continue to scramble to populate the various phases.

Can someone please put an umbrella in my drink now?

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Wyndham has Apps for all their ventures except for us, WVR. They have some Apps under Club Wyndham, but they are for their rental businesses like Extra Holidays, etc. ........ But then why make anything easy for those who are paying them to work for us and maintain the systems. Go figure?

That is because they already have your money, or a commitment for you to pay it. They generate NO real additional revenue, other than transaction, guest and housekeeping fees. In the grand scheme of things that is extra gravy but not the main meal ticket.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is because they already have your money, or a commitment for you to pay it. They generate NO real additional revenue, other than transaction, guest and housekeeping fees. In the grand scheme of things that is extra gravy but not the main meal ticket.

Income from transaction fees, guest fees and housekeeping fees do not go to Wyndham, they go to the club and the maintenance fees go to the resorts, not wyndham

They get a management fee, but the real money comes from sales

gottashiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Daytona Beach-Ocean Walk, San Francisco Canterbury
I just miss the old Ron that was always in for an anti-wyndham discussion. This Ron got his arse handed to him, though it was likely better than the worst case but remember sir, the rest of us have not been through that process. Have a little respect for our anger. As futile as you might think it is you point for weeks has been suck it up or sell out. Just because it cost money to do something there are times when in fact it is the right thing to do. As I have posted on here several times - wyndham has a legal (not just contractual) obligation to manage the trust for OUR benefit, not theirs. If by failure of their management they have not done this then there are repercussions. I am pursuing my own line of progress and I suggest that each person do theirs. Doing nothing only frustrates you, doing something, even if not totally successful can be successful in reducing anxiety. The first step I recommend to everyone is to write or email both the attorney general in the state in which you own property, your own attorney general, the florida attorney general and your congressman/senator in washington. You'll be shocked at the response you get. I was.

I think we should EACH file a complaint with:
Bureau of Compliance

Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares & Mobile Homes

400 W. Robinson Street, Suite N-908

Orlando, FL 32801

407-317-7226

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having problems adding a guest and called OC and they are having the same problem. Once you get to the payment type it circulates . What is the outcome of getting a guest added successfully? They did tell me to call back on MONDAY.. and this is an overlapping reservation that needed to have a guest name on by today..

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Normally, I would ask if anyone else is having trouble with the website today...lol...I get to the log in and then it starts to buffer and then I get a "Page Not Found" message...:wall:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Having problems adding a guest and called OC and they are having the same problem. Once you get to the payment type it circulates . What is the outcome of getting a guest added successfully? They did tell me to call back on MONDAY.. and this is an overlapping reservation that needed to have a guest name on by today..

I had the same problem getting the credit card feature to work. I used PayPal option and it worked. Very odd. But typical in Wyndham world. Where stupid is called "new and improved." With apologies to stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem getting the credit card feature to work. I used PayPal option and it worked. Very odd. But typical in Wyndham world. Where stupid is called "new and improved." With apologies to stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried PayPal and didn't work either. Now cant get passed my login page....

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
Normally, I would ask if anyone else is having trouble with the website today...lol...I get to the log in and then it starts to buffer and then I get a "Page Not Found" message...:wall:

I'm having the same problem, site isn't working for me. Circle of death.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I believe they will feel a decline in direct developer sales. In the past they say that a huge portion of their sales was to upgrade users who had made an initial purchase and 'experienced' Wyndham. I cannot see how anyone would make an additional purchase after attempting to use this website and/or get help from a vc or oc. We've made repeat purchases in the past (before buying into resale) and they were significantly based on the confidence the old website gave us about the fundamentals of making / seeing / canceling reservations.

Bob

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I think we should EACH file a complaint with:
Bureau of Compliance

Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares & Mobile Homes

400 W. Robinson Street, Suite N-908

Orlando, FL 32801

407-317-7226
I think this is a great idea, but unfortunately it's lost in this thread, now 59 pages long and counting. Might I suggest you start a new thread with this suggestion and information, and then ask each positive responder to let you know after they've written a letter and sent it to report back that they've done so. That way, you'll all have an idea of how many letters were sent in, at least by TUGgers.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
2:18 AM and cannot even get to the login. "Hold tight we'll be right back" etc....let's see what the morning brings.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
R U trying to jinks its working by posting this? ;)

Clear skies and fair trading might be a better way of putting that Wyndhamland's weather is like!

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Everything seems to be working right now

If by "everything" you mean "able to log in", then yeah (at least for me). I tried looking for availability at a couple of resorts, and that's still not functioning.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
National Harbor is showing availability. Circle of Death for Great Smokies Lodge and Emerald Grande.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Glacier Canyon still showing no inventory. :(

Branson at the Meadows is back up though, and I was able to book Branson at the Meadows for July. Interesting enough though, it came back with a match, but I couldn't see the calendar to see what was available and when. :(

Baby Jane

Reaction score
So has anybody noticed there is a message at the top of reservations section on new website. It gives you dates for your upcoming vacation. I ended up calling the resort direct because the dates were not the same as my reservation. Thankfully the dates I had given my guest were the same as what the resort had but the website reminder was wrong :(

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So has anybody noticed there is a message at the top of reservations section on new website. It gives you dates for your upcoming vacation. I ended up calling the resort direct because the dates were not the same as my reservation. Thankfully the dates I had given my guest were the same as what the resort had but the website reminder was wrong :(

What a cluster ...... this new website has become! Have they no shame?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Can't get on on my phone now, says I am in a PRIVACY mode and to change it. I am in NO privacy mode.

Got on my laptop and actually found the dates I wanted and then tried to BOOK - NOTHING! Unable to book. How do they think people can "go on vacation" - as listed on the home page.

Unbelievable

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score

I had the same issue. It says Nov 23-25, but my stay is Nov 24-26. The never-ending joys of the new website.