• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

abeachbum

Reaction score
Well, I got in. Here's what I think, and it's just that, simply my opinion.

While I know there'll be bugs to work out, this thing is going to work. Not like we might want it to work, or how we are used to it working, but it will work. And it will do the things they said it would do. Not perfectly from day 1, but it will. It's here, and it's real. It will do the things folks wanted it to do, and the things folks feared it would do. (Whatever camp you're in!)

I don't like the reservation process. Some of that is just working with something new, but some of it, in the brief time I had to look, is going to be incredibly cumbersome.

I don't know how long it was up, but would estimate less than 1 hour. It may still be up for some, but once I left I wasn't allowed to come back. Based on the confirmation numbers I was seeing, I'd guess about 500 "transactions" were made and I don't have a clue if those were just reservations or anything it processed.

First thing when I signed on was a warning banner at the top of the screen that I had overlapping reservations. I also booked a new overlapping reservation; and as part of the booking process it gives you another warning screen about the overlap and you have to click on an acknowledgement of it to continue. The initial warning banner gave specific reservation numbers that were in the overlap; which makes me believe the cancelling of overlapping reservations will no longer be a manual process, but the system will know and will act accordingly. If there's anything positive out of this, it is that at least now you will know what the overlap is and can fix it before any problems happen. It seems to be pretty smart about this.

There was a warning banner that auto upgrade was not working, but I successfully put in an auto upgrade request. I wasn't notified it happened, but it worked. So I tried it on another where I found available inventory that met the criteria, but this time it didn't upgrade. I think there will be a steep learning curve on what is an upgrade, and what the system considers an upgrade. (Maybe I'm wrong, there wasn't a whole lot of time to play around with it.) On the upgrade that did happen, I didn't see the room I upgraded from come back into inventory. Maybe just coincidence. I also made a new reservation and was able to upgrade from a 1 bedroom to a 3 bedroom, so that's good news as it seems you can still upgrade more than one step (but with the auto upgrade searching all the time, don't count on it other than mud weeks or it being your very lucky day).

It will let you borrow points from next year (if you run out of current year points) and it will let you rent points, both worked just like they always have. At the end of a reservation, the confirmation screen shows what pot your points came from.

There is a history. Shows everything you've done. How many points are deducted and why, how many points are put back and why.

Booked and cancelled a reservation I made today. It was inside 15 days. The points came back like they should. Something new is I received a confirmation email about the cancel.... nice!

Speaking of confirmation emails, there is a change in the process. No more getting the first one from the "do not reply" address showing what you booked. Instead I received just the "your reservation is confirmed" email which is the one they normally email a day or two afterwards. (Time will tell if I receive another email in a couple days.) So the promise of things being instant and in real time seem to be true. The email and confirmation letter look the same.

Searching inventory seemed slow. It definitely was cumbersome. I couldn't figure out how to do the broad searches I'm used to. It wanted you to pretty much tell it what you specifically were looking for. Exact dates, no ranges. No searching up to 4 days before and after. The orange "book" button will let you search across multiple unit types, but only using an exact, specific, check in and check out date. No multiple date ranges using that search process. There is a way to search multiple dates but only one calendar month at a time, and only by specific room type. And boy, have they made that cumbersome. You have every conceivable room "type" like 1BR, 1BR deluxe, 1BR vision impaired, 1BR hearing impaired, 1BR mobility impaired, 1BR presidential, 1BR presidential reserve, on and on; and it repeats this detailed breakdown for each unit size... 2BR, 3BR, etc. For multiple date searches, you have to pick a room "type" (only one from those many choices) and then you will only see one calendar month of availability for that individual room "type". You can only search one at a time..... one by one by one by one by one........ each individual different 1BR type, each different 2BR type, etc. I'm sure there's a better way to do broader searches (there's got to be) and hopefully more playing around will reveal something I missed.

Didn't look at ARP, moving points forward, RCI, or anything else, much other than searching, booking, cancelling, and upgrading. There wasn't a lot of time.

It's here, and I think it's going to be pretty much like everyone expected. Except searching... there has got to be a better way and hopefully it will be back up tomorrow and I can figure that out better.

BEST ADVISE I GIVE IS WHEN YOU CAN SIGN ON, PLAY WITH IT. START GOING AROUND AND CLICKING ON THINGS AND SEEING WHAT'S OUT THERE. PLAY WITH THE BUTTONS, PLAY WITH THE TABS, SEE WHAT THEY MEAN AND HOW THEY CATAGORIZED THINGS. I FIGURED ALOT OF THINGS OUT IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME THIS WAY. AND I'VE ONLY SCRATCHED THE SURFACE.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
What time was it when you got in?

abeachbum

Reaction score
Not sure what time it came up other than what others reported on the other thread. It went down about 20 minutes before 6pm. As with most things Wyndham, I think it was just luck. I was in well under 30 minutes total. There was some inventory, but not what I expected.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I was only in about 20 minutes. After I figured out Chrome was my problem. I didn't get to try as many booking transactions as a beach bum, but whole heartedly concur that searching for inventory SUCKS BIG TIME. They have to be able to show you inventory in all categories or a selected room type, like they have now, you search ALL or you pick room size(s). It takes way way too much time to do a search. The resulting inventory calendar while having large boxes and taking up a full screen, the text inside each box is too small to read easily. I had to enlarge my page in order to read. I looked around and found NO other way to search inventory, but they have to do better at summary level like the light green dark green across room types. What I saw was virtually useless if you are wanting a location with multiple resorts and multiple room types. It could take you an hour just to look at inventory across 2 or 3 properties. I sure hope there is a better way, or I will die.

I too did a within 60 days VIP PLat reservation with an available upgrade, and I concur you can still go from a 1 to 3 in live inventory. Whether that happens with auto upgrade remains to be tested, but the rumor is that it is a single category upgrade ONLY.

IT Guy

Reaction score
....I too did a within 60 days VIP PLat reservation with an available upgrade, and I concur you can still go from a 1 to 3 in live inventory. Whether that happens with auto upgrade remains to be tested, but the rumor is that it is a single category upgrade ONLY.

I was able to get two upgrades, the first was an automatic upgrade from a 1 bedroom to a 3 bedroom, the second was during the booking process and I got a 1 bedroom to a 4 bedroom. I will probably never see that again but it was cool. Not so cool was some of my reservations are MISSING. Two of the missing reservations already had guest certificates assigned so it could not have been an automatic cancellation due to an overlap situation. I regret not taking the time to do screen captures of all my reservations.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was able to get two upgrades, the first was an automatic upgrade from a 1 bedroom to a 3 bedroom, the second was during the booking process and I got a 1 bedroom to a 4 bedroom. I will probably never see that again but it was cool. Not so cool was some of my reservations are MISSING. Two of the missing reservations already had guest certificates assigned so it could not have been an automatic cancellation due to an overlap situation. I regret not taking the time to do screen captures of all my reservations.

I thought about screen captures afterward too.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I put in a resort along with check in and check out dates. It came no availability. No calendar no options.
Changed check in - check out dates. This time it showed 3 different room types available but no calendar like the old site.
Hope there's a better way to see point status than the way I found it.

Agree with others everything is there. Just hope it gets a lot more user friendly

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Customer service is still answering the phone. Extremely uncooperative, they will not do or assist in anything and extremely rude.

wilson14

Reaction score
If anyone gets in before the site goes live, can you take some screenshots and upload them here please?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone gets in before the site goes live, can you take some screenshots and upload them here please?
From the behavior of the Wyndham Rep I talked to today, I think Wyndham drew a line in the sand and no access will be granted until tomorrow. Think the site was working to well for their liking right now. Specifically, people were getting some great upgrades.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the URL to the new site? Does it still have "preview" in the address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the URL to the new site? Does it still have "preview" in the address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just hit refresh on the old log in and it went straight to the new log in

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those that got in and saw the banner warning of overlapping reservations ; did it indicate which reservations were overlapping? That has always been the problem for me.

Also, anyone that has multiple member numbers notice if there was an overlapping warning that could only occur across member accounts?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those that got in and saw the banner warning of overlapping reservations ; did it indicate which reservations were overlapping? That has always been the problem for me.

Also, anyone that has multiple member numbers notice if there was an overlapping warning that could only occur across member accounts?

I talked to another owner, (not a tugger) on Friday about this, and they are sure that in the case of multiple owner numbers, accessed with the same log in; no overlapping reservations are allowed across the several member numbers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I talked to another owner, (not a tugger) on Friday about this, and they are sure that in the case of multiple owner numbers, accessed with the same log in; no overlapping reservations are allowed across the several member numbers.

I suspected that when I heard that a single logon contained multiple account numbers. So before owners with multiple accounts could pick up 10 bookings PER separate account number, now you will get 10 PER ALL account number.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspected that when I heard that a single logon contained multiple account numbers. So before owners with multiple accounts could pick up 10 bookings PER separate account number, now you will get 10 PER ALL account number.
If this is reality maybe the department supervisor that stated the 10 contract max per member was confused with this new rule. Although this rule would do nothing as far as the size of each membership.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If this is reality maybe the department supervisor that stated the 10 contract max per member was confused with this new rule. Although this rule would do nothing as far as the size of each membership.

Well I think the Wyndham could argue that, as the wording says the following...

Beginning October 1, 2015, we have enacted a Nightly Unit Limit of no more than 10 units** per resort, for reservations booked in the Standard and Express Reservation Windows. Each of the 10 units that are being occupied by your guests will require a Guest Confirmation, as described in the Guest Confirmations policy on page 339.

It doesn't mention per contract, per member number, it mentions nothing. Well now that there is a single logon account for all contracts, how are reservations once made assigned to an account. Same with reservations that are overlapping. Someone will have to try this out.

I might think that if wyndham made the rule, and now has consolidated multiple contacts to a master login, how will those restrictions be enforced, PER MEMBER ACCOUNT NUMBER OR PER CONSOLIDATED ACCOUNT. My guess is at the consolidated ACCOUNT level, otherwise what would be the purpose of combining all of those into a single login? Easier for sales and owner care to find No purpose from an owner level, but perhaps for Wyndham's to extend their implementation of the restricted rules.

I don't know if this is the case, but I would't put it past Wyndham.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham recently described the reservations as per account. Any user name should be able to see the reservations made under other user names. They indicated that this was why no reservations would be lost if a user name under the existing system does not get a corresponding user name under the new system.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suppose one of those member numbers was a VIP account would VIP benefits extent to all the member numbers? Probably not