• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I think C&R is going to become R&C. Find a nicer unit at 60 days, book it at half points and cancel the original. Upgrades will happen for Platinum and on a much smaller level Gold and Silver but only when the databases get fixed and that might not be til next year. With tens of thousands of errors as has been reported it is going to take that long to fix I believe. Don't look for the automatic upgrade working properly any time soon. You might get one, but odds are it will get cancelled.

As just sort of a curious bystander, I'm wondering if anyone else thinks a decent percentage of the upgrade opportunities are going to come around the 15-day mark when people (either unsuccessful renters or regular vacationers with a change of plans) will cancel to get their points back? This would be good for silver (and gold) VIPs who booked early and put in their upgrade request right away. (Assuming that when the system is functioning properly, that inside 30 days there's no priority given for VIP level and it goes solely by earliest request date.)

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes more examples of WTF... somehow between the reservation summary and the next trip info it shifted the stay forward by a day. Now my dates didn't change but my guess is that somewhere there are using different timezones that is perhaps shifting the display by a day. Don't know what else would shift it, without actually changing it.View attachment 4209
This is one of many 'screw-ups' one would expect with a forced implementation of a dysfunctional piece of crap website shoved down our throats by Wyndham.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
As to the trust yes, but as Ron has endlessly pointed out - this was about credit pooling -though he will tell you it shouldn't impact the trust as the points are being paid for. When you push 2-3 years worth of points into one year, at the level of MILLIONS and as high as tens of millions, two things are going to happen. Inventory is going to dissappear and if they're are no failsafes, you're going to end up with a points management/inventory problem. THIS is where the trust was having issues - not cancel rebook which is simply usable inventory being used (fairly or unfairly) there is no impact on the trust at 60 days usage AFTER wyndham takes their cut for 60 days. The crisis IMHO was the growing number of people figuring out what Ron had been taught. AND let us not forget that something went wrong in the old system too. Remember for the last year folks were getting credited back double and triple points on cancellations. We don't know what we don't know but damn we are all enjoying speculating :)

AS to the more forcefully enforcing existing rules, will you please send me the page cite where cancel/rebook it not allowed or even referenced in the fairfield, wyndham past or newly revised rule sets. This is the 'rumor' that keeps festering animosity among people. Cancel / Rebook is no different than the guys waiting in line all night at walmart to buy out the xbox so he can sell them on ebay. Walmart instilled a limit on how many you can buy. So now he takes his wife. Wyndham implemented changes that will create limits too - 48hr guest cert and such. These will limit the megas who were booking like drunk sailors in hopes they could rent out, and in many cases would just expire the units if they didn't book. That in my opinion was more hurtful to owners than if they had been returned (and there are several on here that can explain to you why they didn't care if they lost the points because they had historical results that they were more likely to rent in the last 14 days than actually lose the points but it did happen).

I stand by my opinion from all the calls I've had that the upgrade feature is a results of the waitlisting requests that have been circulating for years because again - if they were attempting to outlaw something wouldn't you create a rule ESPECIALLY if you are already rewriting the rules at the same time, yet not a single mention.

The pulling future points into the current year with the old credit pool should not have been a trust problem if it had worked properly. The way it was supposed to work was, if I deposited 2018 points into the pool and wanted to use them in 2017, there had to have been someone else's 2017 points on deposit. It was possible that the pool would be "empty" for a particular year and if that was the case, I would have had to wait for another deposit.

I always pooled everything. . One of the reasons I promoted the use of the pool here and on facebook was "insurance" I wanted to be sure as i could be, that there were points in the pool when I wanted to make a reservation

I have no idea whether Wyndham checked to make sure there were enough 2017 points in the pool when I made 2017 reservations. If they didnt; there would absolutely be problems with the trust. For the last several years I maintained a 10 million point ownership, and adding 20 million points a year, and I pooled everything, I cane into January with 30 million, sold 20 and bought 20 .... so using 2015 as my example.. On Jan 2nd I pooled 10 million 2018 points, and started buying with the goal of buying 20 million points by December, As those new contracts came in I pooled the points so by the end of the year there were another 60 million points in the pool (and I sold contracts (20 million points worth) throughout the year)

And I knew of several other guys who used it more aggressively than I ever did

But as I say, it shouldnt have been a problem if Wyndham managed it properly.

Regarding cancel and rebook. This technique is nothing that Wyndham can "outlaw" ie there is a cancellation policy anyone can cancel at any time and of course anyone can make a reservation from available inventory at any time. All we were doing is to do the two transactions one right after the other.

Wyndhan didnt like cancel and rebook. I could go into a long discussion as to why, but it would be nothing but good guesses. Lets just accept the fact that they didnt like it. and that they have intended to stop it for a long time. Those of us that used c/r a lot, knew it couldnt last. In fact there were two rules that if they had enforced them would have ended it, One was the commercial use prohibition and the other was the no unfair advantage rule. The only question was what exactly were they going to do to stop it. There were several possibilities discussed here,

a waiting list like with RCI or Worldmark (both Wyndham clubs)
a random delay before cancelled inventory would return to inventory
stop extending VIP benefits to resale points in a VIP account

What wyndham actually did was, as another tugger put it.. "clever" Instead of introducing a new rule to prohibit anything, they introduced a new VIP benefit;. "auto upgrades", the intended consequence of which, would be that my cancellation becomes someone elses upgrade. The other thing it does is to frustrate the guys that are still using bots.

So when you demand "send me the page cite where cancel/rebook it not allowed" and suggest that if its not specifically outlawed, it must be allowed, You are wrong..Using your ownership for commercial purposes and manipulating the program to gain an unfair advantage over other owners are already disallowed. You can still cancel, and you can still make reservations from available inventory, but the new auto upgrade feature is meant to make it difficult, if not impossible, manipulate the system to get a high value 3 bedroom reservation at half the studio price, to rent (commercial purpose) or even to use yourself.

and when you ask "if they were attempting to outlaw something wouldn't you create a rule?" The answer is no. Wyndham is smarter or more clever than that. They didnt write a new rule to end the practice, they introduced a new benefit

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
As just sort of a curious bystander, I'm wondering if anyone else thinks a decent percentage of the upgrade opportunities are going to come around the 15-day mark when people (either unsuccessful renters or regular vacationers with a change of plans) will cancel to get their points back? This would be good for silver (and gold) VIPs who booked early and put in their upgrade request right away. (Assuming that when the system is functioning properly, that inside 30 days there's no priority given for VIP level and it goes solely by earliest request date.)
I've been doing this for 6 years - not as long as others but I have rarely (maybe never) see large units come back into inventory inside 15 days but that was the old system. As of right now I'm watching a couple and I can tell you nothing is moving but that is likely the result of the current system (and by watching I mean checking in every 8-12 hours)
Rob and AM1 as well as others can likely explain they reason why many renters don't cancel units at the 15 day mark. I've read before where they have posted about the cost (or loss) versus the last minute rentals. Does that change in the new system, dunno - maybe they will opine from their current perspective.

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
I have no idea whether Wyndham checked to make sure there were enough 2017 points in the pool when I made 2017 reservations. If they didnt; there would absolutely be problems with the trust.

Come on man - you been out drinking on that boat!

Looking at the current website implementation and your own personal experience you know the answer to this question but you want to be kind to Wyndham since they know who you are and they most certainly follow you. I understand ;)

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
Regarding cancel and rebook. This technique is nothing that Wyndham can "outlaw" ie there is a cancellation policy anyone can cancel at any time and of course anyone can make a reservation from available inventory at any time. All we were doing is to do the two transactions one right after the other.

Wyndhan didnt like cancel and rebook. I could go into a long discussion as to why, but it would be nothing but good guesses. Lets just accept the fact that they didnt like it. and that they have intended to stop it for a long time. Those of us that used c/r a lot, knew it couldnt last. In fact there were two rules that if they had enforced them would have ended it, One was the commercial use prohibition and the other was the no unfair advantage rule.
Neither of those rules apply. I don't use my c/r for commercial use and it is not an unfair advantage in fact it is one I paid for, one that was promoted and one that was executed by wyndham employees. I'm ok with people not liking it but I've been accused here of violating rules I want to be perfectly clear and challenge ANYONE to prove other wise. There is not and has never been a rule prohibiting c/r and you are wrong. They could in fact post the rule and if anyone called in to do it the VC would have to say I cannot do that because it is in violation of the wyndham rules and the sales people couldn't promote it because it is in violation of the wyndham rules.

Folks who bought VIP platinum paid $100k plus PER 1 million points. They are entitled to the discounts, book, hold cancel anyway they see fit. It is ridiculous for ANYONE to suggest that the ownership purchased for $12,000 should have the same benefits as the one purchased for $120,000. That is just silly communism thinking.

There's a lot of banter that goes on here but we need to be perfectly clear on this - c/r has NEVER been against any rules any more than the guy who goes to walmart on black friday and buys his limit of xboxes to sell on ebay. Others don't like it but that is his right. This nonsense about unfair gain can't be applicable because Wyndham was and still is executing that program. In fact people on here have done the cancel rebook this month - I've done it and discussed it with a VC just this week.

I like what Cayman said - it is what it is and its going to be different going forward (and I like my odds on getting the system to work for what I want because my platinum ownership will give me a huge advantage). But I will rise up anytime anyone wants to get into a debate about rule breaking, outlawing, changes being implemented to avert an tyranical c/r system that was depriving people and stealing money from wyndham through the booking of a 3br at 50% the cost of a 1 bedroom - read this closely OF COURSE THEY KNEW THIS THEY'VE BEEN GIVING OWNER UPDATES ON IT FOR 10 YEARS.

Now let's get back to bitching about how bad the website sucks ;)

Last edited:

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater

I think that will depend on how they run the upgrades. If they are run in real time, yes there will be upgrades at 15 days. If the upgrades are done in batches after midnight you will not see near as many upgrades as units will be taken by owners looking for those 15 day cancellations to book.

happyhopian

Reaction score
I think that will depend on how they run the upgrades. If they are run in real time, yes there will be upgrades at 15 days. If the upgrades are done in batches after midnight you will not see near as many upgrades as units will be taken by owners looking for those 15 day cancellations to book.
I agree with you in part and the question sarah has about the upgrade scripts running is really key here. Now again, I haven't seen any 3brs come back at Bonnet Creek inside 15 days in the year's I've been doing this BUT for the analysis I would ask - does this put a priority on the rank of VIP tier or just earliest to select upgrade path? I honestly don't know but it has been said that it is VIP rank and then earliest date of upgrade active reservation. Even with a working website I don't know that we will know.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is another number to try for complaints, it is what they call the Executive Response Team for Corporate, they are not Owner Services/Owner Care. 407 626 5932

You call in leave a message and they are supposed to call back within 24 hours or if called on a weekend, the following Monday.

CYRUS2400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Garden, C.W. Access, PIC's.
Neither of those rules apply. I don't use my c/r for commercial use and it is not an unfair advantage in fact it is one I paid for, one that was promoted and one that was executed by wyndham employees. I'm ok with people not liking it but I've been accused here of violating rules I want to be perfectly clear and challenge ANYONE to prove other wise. There is not and has never been a rule prohibiting c/r and you are wrong. They could in fact post the rule and if anyone called in to do it the VC would have to say I cannot do that because it is in violation of the wyndham rules and the sales people couldn't promote it because it is in violation of the wyndham rules.

Folks who bought VIP platinum paid $100k plus PER 1 million points. They are entitled to the discounts, book, hold cancel anyway they see fit. It is ridiculous for ANYONE to suggest that the ownership purchased for $12,000 should have the same benefits as the one purchased for $120,000. That is just silly communism thinking.

There's a lot of banter that goes on here but we need to be perfectly clear on this - c/r has NEVER been against any rules any more than the guy who goes to walmart on black friday and buys his limit of xboxes to sell on ebay. Others don't like it but that is his right. This nonsense about unfair gain can't be applicable because Wyndham was and still is executing that program. In fact people on here have done the cancel rebook this month - I've done it and discussed it with a VC just this week.

I like what Cayman said - it is what it is and its going to be different going forward (and I like my odds on getting the system to work for what I want because my platinum ownership will give me a huge advantage). But I will rise up anytime anyone wants to get into a debate about rule breaking, outlawing, changes being implemented to avert an tyranical c/r system that was depriving people and stealing money from wyndham through the booking of a 3br at 50% the cost of a 1 bedroom - read this closely OF COURSE THEY KNEW THIS THEY'VE BEEN GIVING OWNER UPDATES ON IT FOR 10 YEARS.

The Website Sucks. And, I want the 3 year Credit Pool Reinstated!!!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

exactly right, there is no rule that says you cant cancel, and there is no rule that you cant make a reservation. and there is no rule that says you cant do one right after the other

But doing it so as to get a 3 bedroom at half the studio price is seen by many (including Wyndham)(especially Wyndham) as a manipulation of the system to gain an advantage over other owners. It is also the manipulation that some of us used to make a commercial rental operation profitable.

So they are going to stop it, It dosent matter whether you think you are entitled or not. They may not get it stopped with this round of rule changes, but its gonna stop.
Id bet my last dollar on that

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
In ones discount window, I have a chicken or egg question. There are two competing benefits, instant upgrades and VIP discount. Is Wyndham going to fill upgrades first, or let owners book available units at a discount?

Or are those bastards going to take all for their own rentals? That would take care of the conspiracy theorists.
Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I
Come on man - you been out drinking on that boat!

Looking at the current website implementation and your own personal experience you know the answer to this question but you want to be kind to Wyndham since they know who you are and they most certainly follow you. I understand ;)
Im telling you the way it was supposed to work. I assume they didnt do things right. and the rule changes were made to correct for that

Dont shoot the messenger. But what you spent $120000 for is no different than what someone else spent $12000 for except that you get to make more reservations, and you get discounts and upgrades on whats available inside 60 days. You do not have the right to create your own availability no matter what the salesman said

(by the way I paid less than $12000 each for my 5 Platinum accounts)

The money we spend on this stuff dosent mean anything to anybody. One guys $100000 Mercedes dosent give him the right to go 5 times as fast on the Interstate as I can in my $20000 used Ford. We both have to play by the same rules.

Whether Im right or wrong about this stuff is of no consequence. It only matters how Wyndham interprets and enforces the rules

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no idea whether Wyndham checked to make sure there were enough 2017 points in the pool when I made 2017 reservations.
I think there is evidence that they did, because the Pool did "run dry" from time to time before the VIP pooling deadlines were all made later in the UY. Once those deadlines changed, there were enough traffic to handle the reservation load.

But doing it so as to get a 3 bedroom at half the studio price is seen by many (including Wyndham)(especially Wyndham) as a manipulation of the system to gain an advantage over other owners.
Reading between the lines a little bit, what angered the powers-that-be wasn't even this drastic. It was the simple, systematic use of C/R to get discounts on inventory that was otherwise in high demand, and booked up well before the 60 day window.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure why he's mad we used our points to get more out of them. Besides the high maintenance those who bought a million or more points also for the most part paid a small fortune. Shouldn't someone who spend $100000 be getting more than someone who spent $13000 to $25000. We live in a world where everyone thinks everything should be equal. Maybe he would feel better if we all donated our
I'm not mad at all.
VIPs are supposed to get more out of their points. I sure hope so I'm Platinum with you.
I've used cancel rebook
I responded to happyhopian using those terms. And wow did that blow up!

Did Wyndham tolerate cancel- rebook-cancel-upgrade ? Absolutely
Did Wyndham employees assist in the process? Absolutely
Was it illegal or against the rules at the highest demand times ? Depends on how you define unfair advantage and manipulating the system to ones advantage. Remember there were other VIPs wanting those reservations also.

I will use happyhopian Walmart xbox example to try and open some eyes-
Walmart puts out an ad Xbox on sale 12:00 AM
Some show up some don't to the sale. The key is everyone had that chance.

The problem with cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade you were trying to create your own sale at your own time. Sale was intended for one yourself.
If Wyndham would post all cancellations from the prior day at 9:am and open those reservations to all owners 12:00 PM. That's fair to all owners.
Everybody has their chance to show up at 12:00 PM

Back to Xbox what would happen if you show up 6 hours early when you want and they only have one Xbox and you put a price tag at the sale price ? Trying to create a sale for yourself
What if an employee helps you find the Xbox helps you put the sale price tag on and checks you out. Does that make it OK
Did everyone have a fair chance ?
Or did you gain an unfair advantage?

When Ron stated that until the audits and suspensions the upper management had no idea how much cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade was taking place. I believe Ron

When newbies come here and everybody is saying rescind-rescind.
Points are points at 10 months
Are you being honest ? Because now you are saying I paid more for my points. Get in line be hind me. I can manipulate and gain an unfair advantage for myself because I paid for it.

If you don't see it that way you really have the blinders on.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Voyager was rushed and rolled before it was ready for 2 reasons.
1. The system was generating extra points. Did some take advantage after noticing more points were getting returned after a cancellation than
should be returned ? Your dam right. Maybe not anyone here but I will guarantee you some did.
2. Cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade was so prevalent that upper management became aware that it was creating a problem.

Voyager was still coming. Just not yet.

Credit pool was an easy fix and had nothing to do with the timing of the Voyager launch.
All they had to do was to stop letting you credit pool future years so early.

happyhopian

Reaction score
But doing it so as to get a 3 bedroom at half the studio price is seen by many (including Wyndham)(especially Wyndham) as a manipulation of the system to gain an advantage over other owners. It is also the manipulation that some of us used to make a commercial rental operation profitable.

So they are going to stop it, It dosent matter whether you think you are entitled or not. They may not get it stopped with this round of rule changes, but its gonna stop.
Id bet my last dollar on that
I haven't objected to their changes - I've objected to people like you characterizing it as wrong. That is simply not true and while you are entitled to your opinion you cannot position Wyndham to an opinion you might have heard from a guy or two or four when in fact their actions have been FULLY supportive of this opportunity. This bit about "(including Wyndham)(especially Wyndham)" it just wrong and you can keep saying it but it doesn't change the fact that they sold this. They implemented it. They executed it with no reservations or objections. They never adopted a rule (as impossible as it might have been to enforce) to even identify this as a wrong including the last round of changes to the rules where they could have said "we can't enforce it but for the record it's wrong".

As for betting your last dollar - from what you've posted on here so far I think Wyndham has cost you enough I wouldn't be betting anymore on Wyndham but like your comments, that's my opinion as well.

happyhopian

Reaction score
I

Dont shoot the messenger. But what you spent $120000 for is no different than what someone else spent $12000 for except that you get to make more reservations, and you get discounts and upgrades on whats available inside 60 days. You do not have the right to create your own availability no matter what the salesman said

(by the way I paid less than $12000 each for my 5 Platinum accounts)

The money we spend on this stuff dosent mean anything to anybody. One guys $100000 Mercedes dosent give him the right to go 5 times as fast on the Interstate as I can in my $20000 used Ford. We both have to play by the same rules.

Whether Im right or wrong about this stuff is of no consequence. It only matters how Wyndham interprets and enforces the rules
We need an intervention here Ron. It might not allow me to go faster if I buy the more expensive car but I might get all my service covered, a longer warranty and certainly a better car. That is EXACTLY what VIP status got all of us and again. I paid less than what you paid for one platinum account for ALL of my 2.5 million points and platinum VIP status. As we've discussed previously. You're not the only one who found a grandfathering provision. I'm just stating what wyndham included as Value added in the developer sales bonuses. Now argue all you want you are right about one thing - it doesn't matter what you and I think its moving forward but no one can whitewash history and deem something as breaking the rules or manipulation of something for which no rules against were adopted and for which the owners of the system allowed, promoted and performed for members. That is just plain stupid to suggest otherwise, but please try again.

happyhopian

Reaction score
I will use happyhopian Walmart xbox example to try and open some eyes-
Walmart puts out an ad Xbox on sale 12:00 AM
Some show up some don't to the sale. The key is everyone had that chance.

The problem with cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade you were trying to create your own sale at your own time. Sale was intended for one yourself.
If Wyndham would post all cancellations from the prior day at 9:am and open those reservations to all owners 12:00 PM. That's fair to all owners.
Everybody has their chance to show up at 12:00 PM

Back to Xbox what would happen if you show up 6 hours early when you want and they only have one Xbox and you put a price tag at the sale price ? Trying to create a sale for yourself
What if an employee helps you find the Xbox helps you put the sale price tag on and checks you out. Does that make it OK
Did everyone have a fair chance ?
Or did you gain an unfair advantage?

I can't tell you how many cancellations I lost in the process of doing a c/r and you're forgetting that every platinum owner had the same opportunity any other did. They could have booked a room and held it. They could also book the room at 59 days or even 60 and do their own cancellation - knowing that this was promoted at every owner update they had to have their head in the sand to not be doing it.

The analogy of the xbox is the same. Everyone had the same chance - if you had the money to buy 4 xboxes or in this case enough points to hold and the cancel/rebook. Points are the same economy as money in the retails analogy.

happyhopian

Reaction score
Because now you are saying I paid more for my points. Get in line be hind me. I can manipulate and gain an unfair advantage for myself because I paid for it.

Yes that is exactly what I'm saying (thought I will argue with you all day it is not unfair, not prohibitive and in fact was promoted and encouraged by Wyndham). More importantly that is what Wyndham said when they called it VIP. A VIP doesn't just own more points than others, their points are in fact worth more and have special benefits others don't. Look I showed up at Bonnet Creek right at check in for Christmas and there were 50 people in line. I walked up to the VIP line and was called up with not even a two minute wait. Yes that means I get special treatment.

Here is the definition of VIP: person of greater influence or prestige; especially : a high official with special privileges

The erosion of VIP benefits should trouble everyone because at what point do they choose to remove 50% of the CWA resorts and create a 'specialty' CWA that you can get access to by simply changing a rule? Everybody laughed when the government took his property, until they came taking theirs and yet there was no one left to defend them. Caution of the slippery slope.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yes that is exactly what I'm saying and in fact that is what Wyndham said. A VIP doesn't just own more points than others, their points are in fact worth more and have special benefits others don't.

Here is the definition of VIP: person of greater influence or prestige; especially : a high official with special privileges

The erosion of VIP benefits should trouble everyone .

POINT DEFLATION - apparently.

happyhopian

Reaction score
We have a genius among us and I can't remember who it was. About a year ago someone used the word 'silos' to describe how Wyndham was operating. It dawned on me today - this is exactly why they are having the problems they are having. The depth of CR, the depth of forward credit pooling, the lack of knowledge on how the reservation system is used and what search functions are necessary...just think these folks don't know and don't care what the other compartments are doing/thinking/needing. Legal might not have liked certain 'fairness' principles but sales was pushing the dog out of it.

Who ever that was NAILED it. SILOS = Wyndham management philosophy.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We need an intervention here Ron. It might not allow me to go faster if I buy the more expensive car but I might get all my service covered, a longer warranty and certainly a better car. That is EXACTLY what VIP status got all of us and again. I paid less than what you paid for one platinum account for ALL of my 2.5 million points and platinum VIP status. As we've discussed previously. You're not the only one who found a grandfathering provision. I'm just stating what wyndham included as Value added in the developer sales bonuses. Now argue all you want you are right about one thing - it doesn't matter what you and I think its moving forward but no one can whitewash history and deem something as breaking the rules or manipulation of something for which no rules against were adopted and for which the owners of the system allowed, promoted and performed for members. That is just plain stupid to suggest otherwise, but please try again.

I think we are coming to an understanding. Ill agree VIP points are worth more than non VIP points, and Ill agree that Wyndham sales promoted the cancel rebook trick to make sales. and Ill agree that the cancel/rebook trick does no real harm to any other owner, or Wyndham. (also happen to understand co-skiers argument that the competition dynamic is changed with all the cancelled points thrown back into the mix)

and we agree on the most important point. Wyndham isnt going to allow us to cancel and rebook any longer. If the auto upgrade thing dosent work, then they will probably do something else.

Where I think we disagree is that I would say; the discount program was never intended by Wyndham to give VIP's discounts on every reservation.

So what to do now.... Ive stopped looking back to the good old days (for me thats pre August 2016)and Im planning for a future without discounted vacations.