• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we should all stop paying our maintenance fees and boycot wyndham. Then let's all make bbb complaints as well as attorney general complaints and see if that gets their attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not the way I would handle it... You still own the resort, and you are still responsible for your fair share of its maintenance and upkeep. And the maintenance fees have nothing to do with the administration of the club. If you dont pay the hoa can foreclose.

perhaps you mean to advise withholding the program fee

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats just stupid......

Agree. Stop payimg MF's and the resorts themselves are hurt. The new system is frustrating them as much as it is the owners. They are just forced to put a good face on the situation.

It would have minimal impact on WYN to stop paying the Program fees at this juncture. They cannot get the points accounting correct and have no capacity for accurate reconciliation on an account. Ergo, they won't be able to figure out how to apply a "MF only" payment to an owner's account. They will just see it as a short payment and the account will eventually go into arrears and default.

Stupid is a little harsh however given the current frustrations. Can we go with "misguided" please?

time4share

Reaction score
Whether the member is gaming the system or not is not the issue.

Whats happening with inventory is.

Was all that that surprise inventory and the reservations and upgrades that happened immediately after this new website was rolled out "phantom inventory" and the result, double booking or not?

When I cancel a reservation, is that reservation going back into inventory and made available to you (and the rest of the membership) or is it going to correct the massive overbooking problem that I think the resorts are going to have to deal with. And when you make a reservation; can you count on it sticking?

Large blocks of inventory are just not being presented to us at this time. and thats a problem And if one bedroom cancellations are not coming back into inventory to rebook (or so another owner can book it); thats a problem. and begs the question; are three bedroom cancellations filling another owners upgrade request or not?

Should i assume that this new website and inventory management system designed for the ownership, or is it designed to supply inventory to Wyndhams own rental program. We dont know. If that one bedroom cancellation came back into inventory, that would give us a clue. That it didnt bothers me a lot

The agents use the same system as you and I. A vc manager has a step above them in being able to see more tabs. But not much more. They are just more experienced in knowing how to use it. This really is frustrating. Look I my original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Stupid is a little harsh however given the current frustrations. Can we go with "misguided" please?

I've edited my post to say that withholding fees is a perfectly reasonable way to indicate his displeasure with the new website. But that I would do things differently

Last edited:

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
If a one bedroom cancellation I cancel dosent come back into inventory it means that you cant book it either .

Could it just be a function on the "wait list" no releasing the rooms in highly sought after resorts or timeframes? Is the "wait list" automatic in confirming a room or does the person have a little time to accept or release the hold? Don't know but like the rest of us, I sure we will find out.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
No I don't think so

The individual may misguided or ignorant; maybe stupid is the wrong word for what he said but i can't think of anything stronger
C'mon. Are you really wanting to be that mean spirited? Stupid infers "having or showing a lack of ability to learn and understand things" and, not unlike the rest of us, the OP is trying to understand how to navigate all this frustration. Do not see indication of dimwitted or doltish postings but certainly unwise and imprudent. Speaks more to misguided than stupid.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
C'mon. Are you really wanting to be that mean spirited? Stupid infers "having or showing a lack of ability to learn and understand things" and, not unlike the rest of us, the OP is trying to understand how to navigate all this frustration. Do not see indication of dimwitted or doltish postings but certainly unwise and imprudent. Speaks more to misguided than stupid.
Thats just stupid... You still own the resort, and you are still responsible for your fair share of its maintenance and upkeep. And the maintenance fees have nothing to do with the administration of the club. If you dont pay the hoa can foreclose.

Yes I really meant stupid but I changed my post to say something I don't mean

I'm now willing to say that withholding mf is a reasonable thing to do and will no doubt have the desired result

I just don't believe it

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I really meant stupid but I changed my post to say something I don't mean

I'm now willing to say that withholding mf is a reasonable thing to do and will no doubt have the desired result

I just don't believe it
So, simple translation is Yes, you really do want to be that mean spirited. Got it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could it just be a function on the "wait list" no releasing the rooms in highly sought after resorts or timeframes? Is the "wait list" automatic in confirming a room or does the person have a little time to accept or release the hold? Don't know but like the rest of us, I sure we will find out.

There is no waitlist. There is an auto upgrade feature

Since a one bedroom is not an upgrade one would expect it to drop back into available status when cancelled

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a reservation cancelled outright by Wyndham or shown up at a resort to find they didn't have a reservation? I've seen upgrades getting pulled back, but I'm wondering if anyone has had a reservation cancelled since the rollout. I'm still feeling concerned about my Glacier Canyon stay.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I truly dislike the new system. I agree with every complaint about the new system. What I do not agree with is when some owners complain about high point owners taking all the good reservations and renting them. When I bought my Wyndham contracts and upgraded to larger contracts I was guaranteed the options of booking and renting my units. That is why I acquired more points and more contracts to get to a different level. The cancel/rebook for discounted points was something the sales weasels raved about. The upgrade features also. By me using these promised benefits to my advantage, why do some owners believe that is gaming the system and caused a total redo of the reservation system. That is just silly.
All owners of the same level had the same chance to get reservations. Sometimes you had to be awake much earlier then you wished and risk losing your job because you were checking the website every few minutes at work:thumbup: I finally retired so I no longer have that problem. So now I have more time to build my small rental business and WHAM new website that totally sucks. Owners that rent work at it. Not everyone is a mega renter.

Sometimes I fear it comes down to jealousy of what some think others are getting that they are not. For every point owned there is a fee to pay. For every contract owned there is a different resort fee to pay. This is the system. To fault others for using what is available to them and what they paid for is very wrong IMO.

Yes owners could stop paying their fees, but the problem there is you won't be able to use the points you already paid for on top of your contract purchase. I may consider doing that at some point if I continue to not be able to find reservations to fill the requests I have for rentals as I don't need all those points for my personal use.

Some owners have been long time members of TUG and have been very helpful through the years to myself and others. Very generous with their advice. Some owners are newer and seem to be somewhat more concerned with sentence structure and spelling or wording with considerable corrections. Maybe it isn't even the members are new maybe it is because people don't really know each other on the boards and all is hidden.

Thank you for the opportunity to express how I feel and learn for others about things that there is no where else to learn them.

BTW Wyndham does monitor this board as some have discussed. As after my last post I received a message for Wyndham that they are aware of my concern that has been posted on public forums about the new website. Big brother IS reading.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I truly dislike the new system. I agree with every complaint about the new system. What I do not agree with is when some owners complain about high point owners taking all the good reservations and renting them. When I bought my Wyndham contracts and upgraded to larger contracts I was guaranteed the options of booking and renting my units. That is why I acquired more points and more contracts to get to a different level. The cancel/rebook for discounted points was something the sales weasels raved about. The upgrade features also. By me using these promised benefits to my advantage, why do some owners believe that is gaming the system and caused a total redo of the reservation system. That is just silly.
All owners of the same level had the same chance to get reservations. Sometimes you had to be awake much earlier then you wished and risk losing your job because you were checking the website every few minutes at work:thumbup: I finally retired so I no longer have that problem. So now I have more time to build my small rental business and WHAM new website that totally sucks. Owners that rent work at it. Not everyone is a mega renter.

Sometimes I fear it comes down to jealousy of what some think others are getting that they are not. For every point owned there is a fee to pay. For every contract owned there is a different resort fee to pay. This is the system. To fault others for using what is available to them and what they paid for is very wrong IMO.

Yes owners could stop paying their fees, but the problem there is you won't be able to use the points you already paid for on top of your contract purchase. I may consider doing that at some point if I continue to not be able to find reservations to fill the requests I have for rentals as I don't need all those points for my personal use.

Some owners have been long time members of TUG and have been very helpful through the years to myself and others. Very generous with their advice. Some owners are newer and seem to be somewhat more concerned with sentence structure and spelling or wording with considerable corrections. Maybe it isn't even the members are new maybe it is because people don't really know each other on the boards and all is hidden.

Thank you for the opportunity to express how I feel and learn for others about things that there is no where else to learn them.

BTW Wyndham does monitor this board as some have discussed. As after my last post I received a message for Wyndham that they are aware of my concern that has been posted on public forums about the new website. Big brother IS reading.

The problem and the reason for the new rules isn't that some others think Anyone was gaming the system or envious of what I was doing

My problem was that wyndhan felt that way. They don't like that it is (or was) possible to get VIP for $12000 and they didn't like that VIPs got discounts and upgrades on nearly every reservation and they didn't like that it was possible to sell stripped contracts and therby get 3 years of points for 6 months of maintenance fees

And it's important to remember that the reason they didn't like these practices is because it wasn't fair to the rest of the membership

So bottom line; what's happening with the rules is being done to make the system fair.

At least in my opinion that's wyndhams position

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't even know that Wyndham cares about fair to the rest of the membership. I think they they don't think it is fair to their bottom line in some way shape or form. Wyndham was aware of these practices but until the audit last year wasn't really aware of the scope.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem and the reason for the new rules isn't that some others think Anyone was gaming the system or envious of what I was doing

My problem was that wyndhan felt that way. They don't like that it is (or was) possible to get VIP for $12000 and they didn't like that VIPs got discounts and upgrades on nearly every reservation and they didn't like that it was possible to sell stripped contracts and therby get 3 years of points for 6 months of maintenance fees

And it's important to remember that the reason they didn't like these practices is because it wasn't fair to the rest of the membership

So bottom line; what's happening with the rules is being done to make the system fair.

At least in my opinion that's wyndhams position
Again, this speaks to the FEW taking advantage of loopholes in the system that most VIP owners were not doing and, in some scenarios, would consider unethical. Of course WYN wouldn't like this kind of owner practices!!! DUH! But MOST VIP owners did none of the above of what you describe. They followed the outline of what sales told them was an integral part of the ownership they (for significantly more $$ than $12K) purchased. Changes we are seeing now is to close the loopholes so that the extreme abuse could not longer occur.

Thus far, the loopholes may be closed but they have yet to stick the landing. We are now ALL saddled with a very messy fallout.

And, let's please NOT rehash what the actual VlP ownership entails vs what the perceived VIP ownerships included. We already know that nothing about VIP was ever a guarantee. Old news. Sales invented a lot of promises of "guarantee" in order to make the sale. And WYN allowed much of it to happen for YEARS. Legally, VIPs are now stuck with the consequence of empty promises for a lot of $$ out of pocket and people telling them that the new system will be more "fair."

For those that wrote those big checks, nothing about it feels fair. Doesn't mean that it can be changed but let's at least make room for and understand the frustrations.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think the points stripping and the extreme discounts for platinum might have been relatively isolated but the cancel rebook was widespread. Looking at one of the Wyndham fb pages it seems like 50-90% of platinum owners expected it on most reservations. Even if it was only a million points all bought retail getting 4 million points of reservations while paying for 1 million points of MF;s that is a lot of inventory that Wyndham could use in other ways.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
When I bought my Wyndham contracts and upgraded to larger contracts I was guaranteed the options of booking and renting my units.

That guarantee was in your contract you signed?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Again, this speaks to the FEW taking advantage of loopholes in the system that most VIP owners were not doing and, in some scenarios, would consider unethical. Of course WYN wouldn't like this kind of owner practices!!! DUH! But MOST VIP owners did none of the above of what you describe. They followed the outline of what sales told them was an integral part of the ownership they (for significantly more $$ than $12K) purchased. Changes we are seeing now is to close the loopholes so that the extreme abuse could not longer occur.

Thus far, the loopholes may be closed but they have yet to stick the landing. We are now ALL saddled with a very messy fallout.

And, let's please NOT rehash what the actual VlP ownership entails vs what the perceived VIP ownerships included. We already know that nothing about VIP was ever a guarantee. Old news. Sales invented a lot of promises of "guarantee" in order to make the sale. And WYN allowed much of it to happen for YEARS. Legally, VIPs are now stuck with the consequence of empty promises for a lot of $$ out of pocket and people telling them that the new system will be more "fair."

For those that wrote those big checks, nothing about it feels fair. Doesn't mean that it can be changed but let's at least make room for and understand the frustrations.

What bothers me is the fact that Wyndham hurt most those who spent the most money on purchases and who continue to spend the most money on maintenance fees.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't even know that Wyndham cares about fair to the rest of the membership. I think they they don't think it is fair to their bottom line in some way shape or form. Wyndham was aware of these practices but until the audit last year wasn't really aware of the scope.

I don't see how any of these changes affects wyndhams bottom line

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I don't see how any of these changes affects wyndhams bottom line

If VIP owners aren't able to get the discounts and upgrades they will use and need more points for the reservations they are accustomed to making. Since they've already spent a significant amount of money buying directly from Wyndham that makes them a good prospect for sales.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If VIP owners aren't able to get the discounts and upgrades they will use and need more points for the reservations they are accustomed to making. Since they've already spent a significant amount of money buying directly from Wyndham that makes them a good prospect for sales.

It might also convince them to sell.

Or since there is no difference between retail and resale now, maybe they will buy on the secondary market

Last edited: