• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The National Anthem

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
This isn't political; don't make it political. I'm not afraid to close my own thread if you make it political. :)

No matter who's serving in office, whether you're talking about patriotic festivities at the very top of the US government or at the smallest small town, I LOVE the ways my country can do pomp and circumstance. Always have, always will. For me, today's performance of The National Anthem by Lady Gaga ranks right up there as one of the best. Please, feel free to share links from any source of others that have stirred you.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...stuns-national-anthem-performance/4215273001/

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I agree her performance was fantastic. She is such a great singer. I also enjoyed the poem read by Amanda Gorman. She was also one of the highlights.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I have never appreciated poetry much but I also enjoyed the poem by Amanda Gorman. Hard to believe she is only 22. I also thought Lady Gaga killed it.

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I loved her enthusiasm. I can’t say it’s my favorite version (Whitney would probably be my favorite), but her excitement and pride was definitely on display. To me, it was a better visual performance than aural performance, if that makes sense.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
I first saw Lady GaGa sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. It was a fantastic performance. Today's performance was every bit as wonderful. Many people seem to forget that famous people can love their country and the opportunities that it provides.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I truly enjoyed Lady Gaga as well.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I enjoyed it all, except for Garth Brooks' version of Amazing Grace.
He coulda done better. How 'bout "Friends in Low Places" instead?

Last edited:

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
WVBaker, interesting listing of bad renditions. The music is a 1 and 1/2 octave range, which few of us are able to handle. Lady Gaga has that range. I liked JLo's performance as well. I don't know if she would have range for the National Anthem as America the Beautiful and This land is you land, both have a range of one octave or less.
Either way, it was great.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Lady Gaga does a great job with the National Anthem. I remember her singing Super Bowl 50 and doing a great job.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Looking for a link to Roseanne at the Padres game.... kidding.

I always get a little choked up when the anthem is sung live at a large event.

Same here. With the exception of Rosanne. I thought she was a disrespectful a$$ that time.

Bill

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for a link to Roseanne at the Padres game.... kidding.

I always get a little choked up when the anthem is sung live at a large event.

I am so glad you were joking. Bad is Bad. Roseanne should had hired someone to lip sing for her that day and she could had just move her lips pretending. LOL :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Roseanne is not in the league of Lady Gaga. Shame on you. LOL. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
I needed a crying towel after her performance before that Padres baseball game.. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::bawl:

Last edited:

Wyominguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Being a band geek myself I was knocked out with the President's Own US Marine Band (who also provided the back up for the singers listed above). During my teaching career I hosted them at my college on tour and they remain the true standard for musical excellence. Side note: The Marine Band has played for every inauguration since Jefferson.

Neil

Brett

Reaction score
Lady Gaga did a GREAT job with the National Anthem

not a fan of the red skirt but at least it wasn't covered in meat

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
My most memorable national anthem was a scratchy recording. We were attending a ice skating show in Lake Placid. When it started all I could remember was the miracle on ice that happened here. All the emotion flooded back even though at the time it was 20 yrs in the past. I was bawling like a baby.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Stepping back in time - this rendition of American the Beautiful still brings tears to my eye. This was six weeks after the 9/11/01 World Trade Tower attacks, when wounds were still raw.