• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Military Can't Get Troops to take the Covid Vaccine. Come Again?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Huh ? If any of you have served in the military like i have for the last 38 years then you know full well that immunizations are MADATORY no if and or buts about it. During desert storm my patrol squadron had to get Anthrax inoculations and we had quite a few Highly skilled reserve pilots retire/quit the military because the 3 shots where Mandatory and had some possible bad side effects. This story is probably click bait. :rolleyes:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Huh ? If any of you have served in the military like i have for the last 38 years then you know full well that immunizations are MADATORY no if and or buts about it. During desert storm my patrol squadron had to get Anthrax inoculations and we had quite a few Highly skilled reserve pilots retire/quit the military because the 3 shots where Mandatory and had some possible bad side effects. This story is probably click bait. :rolleyes:

This story is being widely reported by media outlets of all kinds, conservative/liberal/unbiased alike. As the linked story states, because the vaccines are all available on an "emergency use" basis and haven't received FDA approval, they can't be mandated in any setting. The same is happening at hospitals, longterm care facilities, etc, in that no patients, residents or staff are mandated.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Thank you for your service.

The article discusses the issues and ramifications of the anthrax shot and the subsequent legal and possible health implications. That is part of the reason policy appears to have changed since then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just spent the last week working at a mass vaccination site in Washington. The National Guard were the folks who were pulling the vaccine and administering the vaccine. MANY have not received the vaccination. I was surprised also because all of my children have served and it wasn't optional to get the vaccines. I gather in this case it is because it does not have a full approval from the FDA

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you the FYI that makes sense. :)

Brett

Reaction score
I just spent the last week working at a mass vaccination site in Washington. The National Guard were the folks who were pulling the vaccine and administering the vaccine. MANY have not received the vaccination. I was surprised also because all of my children have served and it wasn't optional to get the vaccines. I gather in this case it is because it does not have a full approval from the FDA

I agree - there was a news report on vaccinations in a local VA Medical Center where everyone (military) was vaccinated

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you know that DOD have been administering both the Moderna and the Pfizer shots to DOD staff, military personnel, retirees and dependents in the United States?

Here is the kicker, DOD is not required to report their total number of individuals vaccinated.

Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
So how many DOD civilian and military personnel are in Virginia and the surrounding states? The true answer is blowing in the wind .

The total number of covid vaccinated in Virginia is much higher then reported by the Commonwealth of Virginia Health Department.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wondered does these vaccinated DOD personnel individuals received a Covid-19 vaccinated card and is their information keyed into a medical database???

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a vaccine database and it is supposed to be nationwide. It does not show vaccines given in the military as far as I could tell base on a limited sample

If you live in one of these states you can look up your record online:

Arizona, Maryland, Louisiana, Washington and West Virginia. I suspect other states have similar options.

Last edited: