• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Medical Industrial Complex

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can certainly see your point that his lie was justified.

However, in reality what your are really saying is:

- Lying is ok as long as the reason is justified. Such as not having a run on mask.
- The ends justify the means. Lying is Ok because then we will have enough masks for first responders, etc.

I think that you are ok with a lie as long it supports your logic. I would say that once a gov't official lies in public - everything he says thereafter is suspect. I can apply my own knowledge and logic to his statements and decide if I believe it or not. Just like I knew he was full of sh*t when he made the comment about masks. I dont need him to figure it out. I understand the basics of germs and I can see what was happening in China.

However as we discussed earlier in this chain, there are many other COVID agenda based 'facts' that are definite BS.

- Hospital overload is absolutely BS. I found the stats. 1.5% of patients at Boston area hospitals are covid-related. Similar in the county I live in, which has been lablel as a 'high transmission' location. I hear a lot of news about overflow, but not a lot of facts.

- Doubt about source of COVID.

- Doubt about CDC contribution to COVID research at facility that COVID might have originated from.

So many other things that I can't list at this time. I am not saying that they are all Fauci related, but it looks like he might have lied to Congress about the CDC funding that help create COVID. Here is the article in Newsweek discussing that.

Fauci Was 'Untruthful' to Congress About Wuhan Lab Research, New Documents Appear To Show (newsweek.com)

Joe

Don't forget..... Wizards first rule!

Last edited:

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who said no profit is being made? Hospitals are big business and the ones that don't turn a profit don't survive.

What I did say is that your contention that numbers are being over-reported because there's a 20% bonus in it for them to do so, is false. The 20% additional reimbursements authorized by the CARES Act were implemented because new more-effective drugs/treatments in the fight against COVID exceed the Medicare allowances for other drugs/treatments in the same class, so an additional 20% Medicare reimbursement was authorized so that Medicare-eligible patients would not be financially unable to gain access to those new more-effective drugs/treatments.

Sorry - There is cross-commenting going on here. Someone else said that hospitals were underreporting COVID. I was saying that hospitals would not under-report due to the 20% payment. Also that hospitals are making a profit on that 20% (thought I don't have any proof of that specifically).

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
- Hospital overload is absolutely BS. I found the stats. 1.5% of patients at Boston area hospitals are covid-related. Similar in the county I live in, which has been lablel as a 'high transmission' location. I hear a lot of news about overflow, but not a lot of facts.
I will ask for the third time the same question Show any article in the last few weeks that say boston hospitals are overloaded. The only bs is what you are spewing. But you will ignore this again making a claim that boston in October is Florida in August

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please show me where Fauci lied and admitted he lied.

Given the lockdowns that were happening, people were to be home, not out and about. If I recall, he was specific in "most ordinary Americans" don't need a mask. He did not say No Mask Anyone, you're cool, get out there and spread it. Context matters, point in time matters. I probably said stupid stuff when I was 5 years old but anyone holding that against me now has a bigger problem than I do for having said anything when I was 5.

But when you refer to "they", who the hell is that?? "They" isn't Fauci. He is his own man and he has been in this field for a long time. "They" are politicians? Nurses? CDC? WHO? Your local health department or hospital administrator? Everyone is a liar? Really??!! Let's get some refrigerator trucks in here and make it look like the body count is higher than it is? For what purpose?

You think hospitals aren't overflowing? That's it's fake news? Cripes, man, go forth and doubt everything but be sure to circle back by with something you find that is actually factual. So we can accuse you of lying.

Which then links to:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

Which then links to:

This woman's opinion states:
Despite the early assertions of Fauci and the rest of the so-called "experts," there was always some science backing the hypothesis that masks could mitigate at least some coronavirus transmission.

In February, Fauci stated:
Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection. The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you.

The early CDC guidance was for people to use homemade cloth masks. If they (and Fauci) were telling people to shelter at home, stay away from other people, and not use masks because nurses and doctors needed them to treat patients, I am glad they did this, whether one considers it a lie is up to them (you.)

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

- Lying is ok as long as the reason is justified. Such as not having a run on mask.
- The ends justify the means. Lying is Ok because then we will have enough masks for first responders, etc.

I think that you are ok with a lie as long it supports your logic. I would say that once a gov't official lies in public - everything he says thereafter is suspect. I can apply my own knowledge and logic to his statements and decide if I believe it or not. Just like I knew he was full of sh*t when we made the comment about masks. I dont need him to figure it out. I understand the basics of germs and I can see what was happening in China.

However as we discussed earlier in this chain, there are many other COVID agenda based 'facts' that are definite BS.

- Doubt about CDC contribution to COVID research at facility that COVID might have originated from.

So many other things that I can't list at this time. I am not saying that they are all Fauci related, but it looks like he might have lied to Congress about the CDC funding that help create COVID. Here is the article in Newsweek discussing that.

Fauci Was 'Untruthful' to Congress About Wuhan Lab Research, New Documents Appear To Show (newsweek.com)

Joe

BBS tip: If you are responding to someone (which it appears you are), use the REPLY button so someone other than you knows who and what you are responding to. This has already caused lots of confusion by you.

geekette

Reaction score

I think that you are ok with a lie as long it supports your logic. I would say that once a gov't official lies in public - everything he says thereafter is suspect. I can apply my own knowledge and logic to his statements and decide if I believe it or not. Just like I knew he was full of sh*t when he made the comment about masks. I dont need him to figure it out. I understand the basics of germs and I can see what was happening in China.

Joe

I simply dispute the term "lied". Fauci has decades of credibility.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile back in Japan. . .

Ivermectin?

Basically the same decline curve of that of the Indian states during the mass use of Ivermectin in April/May.

Also note the lack of decline in the UK, which is heavily vaxxed.

Look at the daily new cases graphic.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile back in Japan. . .

Ivermectin?

Basically the same decline curve of that of the Indian states during the mass use of Ivermectin in April/May.

Also note the lack of decline in the UK, which is heavily vaxxed.

Look at the daily new cases graphic.
Daily new COVID-19 cases have plummeted from a mid-August peak of nearly 6,000 in Tokyo, with caseloads in the densely populated capital now routinely below 100, an 11-month low.

What could possibly have happened this summer in Tokyo that may have contributed to an outbreak?