• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The magic's too expensive: Disney is pricing out loyal customers

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disneyland Resort Introduces Magic Key Program

Disney unveiled its Magic Key program for Disneyland in Anaheim, California,
which replaces the park's annual pass that was canceled in January due to the "continued uncertainty of the pandemic.

" Magic Key includes four options, ranging from a $1,399 per year Dream Key *
that includes reservation-based admission to one or both theme parks every day of the year, to a $399 a year Imagine Key, which offers reservation-based admission to one or both parks select days of the year for Southern California residents.

The program kicks off Aug. 25.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes,

New pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! The 50th anniversary celebration starts in October 2021.

Brett

Reaction score
Disney got more expensive this week - line skippers now need the "Genie"

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/18/business/disney-fastpass-genie-plus.html

"Disney World and Disneyland will now offer the same line-skipping options, which the company unveiled on Wednesday as part of a broad new digital navigation tool. Called Disney Genie, the free service creates personalized itineraries for visitors based on their selected preferences. You say you like princesses? Head directly to Fantasyland and ride Journey of the Little Mermaid, which currently has a short wait, and then perhaps have an early lunch with Belle at the Be Our Guest restaurant. If you change your plans on the fly (or park conditions change) the service will update with a revised itinerary, much like the way GPS apps reroute as people drive.

Every ride at the resorts will continue to have a traditional standby queue. For those willing to pay $15 per person at Disney World and $20 per person at Disneyland, there will be Genie+. The upgrade, charged per day, allows visitors to choose the next available time to use the Lightning Lane at a variety of rides, including classics like the Haunted Mansion and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. One of these selections can be made at a time, with the ultimate number of fast boardings that people can squeeze into a day depending on length of stay and overall attendance. (In other words, no stockpiling.)

cookie55

TUG Member
Reaction score
They can make the economic argument to justify their pricing all they want but the larger reason a lot of people no longer consider Disney for their vacations is who wants to spend the overwhelming majority of their vacation day(s) standing in lines for hours to enjoy rides that last a handful of minutes? The 'happiest place on Earth' or the 'longest wait on Earth'? And to this point:

..I wonder how many people max out their cards, then file bankruptcy.....
Not only standing in lines, but even drops of rain which happens on and off in Orlando and they shut rides down. We live one hour and a half from Disney and wouldn’t even think of going!!!! So many great other places in Florida to have fun with our family.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're gonna pay this.

oh, I will too. I'm already bending over for the mouse, what is another $$$ per day to play the game. I know, it is less than the cost of one table service meal. If it came down to it, I would pass up a $150 dinner for 3 for benefits of shorter wait times.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been to Disney quiet a few times since Ride of the Resistance opened up. I am never in a hurry to try out any new rides and I am willing to wait up to 45 minutes for any new ride. I have tried the virtually queue with no luck. Disappointed? yes. But it's not a big deal. Do I want to try it someday? Of course. I don't worry about it either way.

Given the opportunity, this is the only ride that I/we might consider paying for. We have been on all the other rides and not paying to get on them. In the future, will consider another new ride that we might not be able to get on for our first few trips since opening but that is about it. We paid our park entrance (AP or otherwise), have been on all the rides and not really willing to pay extra for them. If someone traveling with was on a once in a life time trip, every 5 years trip, might consider one or two if our traveling party was considering it. Otherwise, will most likely pass on this.

We love and spend lot's of time relaxing at the resort. Kind of use it as a snowbird stay. If it weren't for our APs, we would be spending more time at HH and Vero. We have already started Vero and Disney. Longer stay at Disney and shorter at Vero. I think I am going to reverse this.