• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Latest From Mother!

Reaction score
Well, let me share with you our latest experience with the Mother Ship. In order to get the 3 nights we wanted, because they came out of two separate weeks, we had to make two separate reservations. Both reservations were made on the same day, on the same call. This morning we called to add a guest to the second reservation, as this cannot be done online without paying an additional $99. We were informed that Deanne, just this past week, sent an email out to all VC supervisors that, without exception, no guest name was to be added to a continuing reservation without an additional guest certificate fee. Split reservations mean multiple guest certificates, multiple fees.

I would LOVE to hear from some defender of Wyndham as to how this represents ANYTHING but self-serving greed!

I've heard the argument more often than I care to recall that the fees we pay are going to the Trust, not Wyndham. Well here's my take on that. If the financial health of our Trust has so terribly deteriorated since our last annual meeting to the point that there is a need to resort to such exorbitant fees as we are now paying then someone has GROSSLY mismanaged our Trust. Further, if Extra Holidays is going to be allowed access to inventory within our Trust but NOT be required to pay the sames fees to the Trust that all other members are required to pay there is some GROSS MISCONDUCT going on that should be addressed. It further confirms for me, with clarity, the REAL MOTIVE behind what's going on.

Just my thoughts, not intended to represent fact,
Allen

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I wanted to bump this up, because with all of the furor over the points transfers, this was a post basically forgotten and ignored.

So now if you have a guest that wants to go for a weekend trip, and the weekend is broken up over two partial weeks, it will cost $200 to add that guest's name.

This will hurt the little guy, as well as the mega renter. There is no end to the greed. Where is the outcry from all Wyndham owners? :(

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Wyndham owners are crying out a lot, especially here, and so much so new prospective resale buyers are now wondering why chose Wyndham at all.

Wyndham, being a business is not listening. Them and other TS companies are feeling the pinch of the economy too and trying to find "inventive" ways to make money.

Now, since I don't use the guest cert option often, and when I do get charged I pass it on to the "guest", this is a feature, I personally am not upset about.

Basically, with the way that I use Wyndham, I haven't had any major glitches in my use or pleasure in the main product. Maybe, some of the other owners like me aren't that concerned. Now, for those that are upset they need to write to Wyndham, which I have in the past and I must admit, I do get a response. Not always the one I would have wanted, but one none the less.

GeNioS

TUG Member
Reaction score
...this was a post basically forgotten and ignored.
For me still being a super-newbie, the transfer of points issue is very clear to me. This one is basically over my head. I guess I don't understand why you'd have to use nights out of two different weeks....aren't points...points?

Could someone clarify this situation for me?

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me still being a super-newbie, the transfer of points issue is very clear to me. This one is basically over my head. I guess I don't understand why you'd have to use nights out of two different weeks....aren't points...points?

Timeshare is week by week. And a lot of time in reservation system, it means you have to wait for the time. So, if you are looking at a Wensday to Wensday trip at 13 month, you wll reserve the 1st part Wen to Sun (or Sat, depends on the inventory), then wait another week to reserve the 2nd part Mon to Wen. Some system allow you to steal one (i.e., if you have enough points, you can make reservation as long as it is continue. Wyndham is very fair on this. Which is not an issue. For non-VIP it will mean 2 transactions assume it is a very good week. There are several time stay, like VIP can get discount at 60 days. So, you will have to make 2 transactions on this.

The problem is when you rent it out. Wyndham will consider this as 2 seperate stay or one stay. Since use to be Plantimun VIP ge unlimited GC, it is not an issue. Now, it get changed that Plantimun get limited GC. And the GC cost changed from 30 to 129 in a flash, one GC or 2 GC means a big difference.

Wyndham's now policy is if you make GC all at once a the time you make reservation it will be one. Else, it will be 2. Even when you wait till you get both reserved than add the GC.

It will not be a big issue to you. Since you are reseller, and very likely use it yourself. But if you give it to family member to use, it will still either cost you or cost them

Jya-Ning

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, plantimun owner usually should have 30 free GC to start with. So if used for family vacation most of the time, unless you have a very annoying remote family member, you should be able to work fine. Glod VIP probably is the one that get beat most, but they probably don't depend on renting most of the time, and they probably has small family require their TS to start with.

And if they are just doing renting, they still are way ahead of other class of owner.

Therefore I don't think the crying is for this rule changes. If it affects all the mega-renter, or affect most of it, I don't think anyone will openly yip any word. Those are very capable man / woman.

The crying is for there is a rental arm in front that rents the Wyndham inventories. And if there is a big difference in the asking price and the cost, I would not think anyone will care. My take is the margin at this moment is very thin. In fact, I think I have checked that site and sometimes find even when I own the points, sometimes, it maybe more flexible and cheap to use that rent outlet. It happen so rarely, otherwise I will dump my Wyndham already.

Also, the more big environment is you have to compete with other TS product.

It will change the fundamental of the renting Wyndham TS. Will give Wyndham more control of the inventories that in term will allow them to lure more owners to buy more to Plantimun VIP by faking the inventories at discount period, or rent out the inventories out.

At this moment, if they decide not to continue build TS, the 1st danger is the saturate of inventories.

Will see what happen in 2 or 3 years down the road.

Jya-Ning

Charlie D.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why the need to bump?? There is a thread going pretty hot and heavy on the subject with about 154 posts.

Charlie D.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I whined so much at my last 3 owner updates about the point transfer elimination and guest certificate fee increase, that the poor little sales weasels complained that I couldn't leave as they didn't have a chance to tell me all about the new, improved Wyndham product.

Told them I covered my topics. And left with the "gifts". It is much more rewarding to control the update meetings than to be passive as they do their weasal speak.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why the need to bump?? There is a thread going pretty hot and heavy on the subject with about 154 posts.

Charlie D.

Not sure if I will think GC and not be able to transfer points between account the same.

Jya-Ning

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I whined so much at my last 3 owner updates about the point transfer elimination . . .

And during my presentation two days ago the weasel said this simply WAS NOT TRUE. HA!