• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The IRS will begin issuing monthly stimulus checks to families starting in July

Status
Not open for further replies.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
The IRS will begin issuing monthly stimulus checks
to families starting in July.

Richard

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Our son and daughter-in-law will be getting $6,600 from the government. You don't want to know my opinion on this "stimulus."

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Kind of odd is I'm for all regular people stimulus. The reason is that regular people have never had stimulus of these types or magnitude while the very wealthy have become wealthier through all types of incentives, tax breaks, grants and stimulus.

I think these recipients will spend this new money and it will benefit the economy.

Some argue that this will add to the tax payer burden and it will but I doubt that the National Debt is ever paid off because of how the system is set up.

Bill

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
Kind of odd is I'm for all regular people stimulus. The reason is that regular people have never had stimulus of these types or magnitude while the very wealthy have become wealthier through all types of incentives, tax breaks, grants and stimulus.

I think these recipients will spend this new money and it will benefit the economy.

Some argue that this will add to the tax payer burden and it will but I doubt that the National Debt is ever paid off because of how the system is set up.

Bill

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Bill
It was paid off during President Clintons 2nd term in office.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score

The budget was balanced and we had a surplus, but the debt itself was not paid off. I dont believe it ever got below $5 Trillion. However, we were on our way to start to pay it off before Bush II massively reduced taxes. And then of course the war, the crash, etc..

Now they all spend like drunken sailors.

Joe

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

If accurate, this paints a slightly different picture.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Clinton administration benefited from a technology boom already in place that made the rich richer with stock options and capital gains, thus more tax revenue..

Companies and individuals bought and networked pc's which caused a boom in local area networks and the internet. Also companies upgraded legacy computer systems prior to year 2000 because the systems only used two digits for the date. The boom was over when Bush took office.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I know a family that simply chooses not to work. Their parents bought them their new home. They just got a check for $7K from this program and continue to not work. The problem with these programs is they incentivize people not to work.

Last edited:

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Bill
The reason the wealthy become wealthier is because they invest their money and put their capital at risk for the potential reward. The "regular" people as you say won't get wealthier with one time checks they spend. They need to invest in their future.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

If accurate, this paints a slightly different picture.
Thanks bdob1 for affirming the facts as stated.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Clinton administration benefited from a technology boom already in place that made the rich richer with stock options and capital gains, thus more tax revenue..

Companies and individuals bought and networked pc's which caused a boom in local area networks and the internet. Also companies upgraded legacy computer systems prior to year 2000 because the systems only used two digits for the date. The boom was over when Bush took office.
A rising tide floats all boats. :thumbup:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Not even close LOL. You're conflating debt with deficit. The last time the US national debt was paid off was under Andrew Jackson's presidency in 1835:

Here's the national debt chart from 1990-2020:

1618865887604.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Bill

It absolutely will when the USD is no longer the world reserve currency - which is likely coming much sooner than anyone expects (likely within ten years at most). Once that happens, and we lose the ability to endlessly inflate the money supply via QE, we will default on US debt. It's a question of when, not if.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
It absolutely will when the USD is no longer the world reserve currency - which is likely coming much sooner than anyone expects (likely within ten years at most). Once that happens, and we lose the ability to endlessly inflate the money supply via QE, we will default on US debt. It's a question of when, not if.

As much as we have messed up our finances, the rest of the world is worse. So we are Awesome (with a capital A) in comparison.

Even if we are no longer the world reserve currency (I am not so sure that I agree with you) - We will not default. We can just print money to pay it off.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As much as we have messed up our finances, the rest of the world is worse. So we are Awesome (with a capital A) in comparison.

Even if we are no longer the world reserve currency (I am not so sure that I agree with you) - We will not default. We can just print money to pay it off.
You print the money like that and eventually its valueless. There are many lessons of this through history.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know a family that simply chooses not to work. Their parents bought them their new home. They just got a check for $7K from this program and continue to not work. The problem with these programs is they incentivize people not to work.

I am sure that there are people for whom this is true. On the other hand...

FYI ... I am not entirely in favor of the stimulus checks. However, I am not about to paint with a broad brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.