• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Travelgirl121

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying at The Hilton Club in NYC on the resale market. I can buy 5,000 pts at The Hilton Club for $12,000.

1. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal.

2. I recently discovered that The Hilton Club may not actually be part of Hilton Grand Vacation Club but are a separate entity. If this is true, are there fees to exchange to HGVC properties. Can anyone to verify this for me?

3. Does anyone have experience as an owner that could share what their annual increases in maintenance fees are?

4. How easy/difficult it is to get a booking for the days you want? Are you able to go online to make reservations?

5. If I purchase from the Resale Market, would I have privileges to the lounge area as an owner?

Any information/guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Can't comment on pricing for HC NYC because I don't follow the prices. But there may active ROFR going on at that location, as I know in the past they were buying back HC contracts. Maybe someone who know HC NYC can comment if there is an ROFR clause in the contracts, I assume there is. One thing to be aware of is original contracts at HC NYC were RTU, not deeded. So make sure you know how many years are left on the contract if it is a RTU contract.

HC is actually a club within a club. You get access to the subgroup that includes NYC and Washington DC. You have access to that club PLUS all of the HGVC properties.

I can comment on general MF increases, which have been 5 % +/-. I do not know if there are differences at NYC.

It is easy to book units, some require planning at the 9 month mark, for harder to get properties, but in general it is actually pretty easy. You get full HGVC features, the only exception RESALE purchases do not get Elite status, but honestly that are not really worth the value, for me at least.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
You'll get more responses on the HGVC forum. There are several Hilton Club NY owners.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying at The Hilton Club in NYC on the resale market. I can buy 5,000 pts at The Hilton Club for $12,000.

Make sure you know if you're getting one of the old right-to-use interests which will lose all resale value when they expire, or one of the new perpetuity interests.
It's a fair price per point in today's market, but you're not getting a lot of points. Depending on whether you book studios (which are fine for two people but no more than two can stay) or 1-BR, and weekend vs weekday, and high vs low season, you'll probably get 5 or 6 nights per year out of them.
Your annual maintenance and dues will be about $1,300 (say $240/night). Spread the $12,000 purchase price over, say, 24 years, and you're paying another $500/year (~$100/night) on top of the maintenance.

2. I recently discovered that The Hilton Club may not actually be part of Hilton Grand Vacation Club but are a separate entity. If this is true, are there fees to exchange to HGVC properties. Can anyone to verify this for me?
I don't think there are fees beyond the dues you're paying, but even if there aren't you're paying such a premium in maintenance it's really silly to buy NYC Hilton Club if you don't want to stay exclusively at NYC Hilton Club.

3. Does anyone have experience as an owner that could share what their annual increases in maintenance fees are?
You should probably budget for a 5%/year increase.

4. How easy/difficult it is to get a booking for the days you want? Are you able to go online to make reservations?
If you can plan four to six months in advance you should be OK, especially if you're looking for studio space. The online system works very well.

5. If I purchase from the Resale Market, would I have privileges to the lounge area as an owner?
Yes.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I agree with Conan, only purchase there if you intend to use it, 5000 points does not go far trading out into HGVC.

We prefer a resort experience when on vacation, HCNY is a big city hotel experience, you have to like that type of vacation. I was at W57 in Oct and took an update, they just added Washington DC and looking at adding London and San Francisco - so Hilton Club will be the big city experience. If you want resorts buy HGVC points location with low fees like Vegas.

The booking window there is the most favorable for owners.
47e3c9718ea2b0b3b4c978cfbba82f18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had one of these contracts and last year sold it back to Hilton. About 8 years ago we paid $6,500 resale for 5,000 points. Last year Hilton offered us $12,700 to buy it back and we sold it back to them. This means you probably will not find any to buy for less than around $12,000 as Hilton will buy them back. We only used it for the Hilton Club New York and once for W57th Street. We only went on weekdays as point values for weekends are very high. We tended to save up and visit New York every other year and when we had extra points we rented them out for about 25% more than mtc fees easily.
Any questions feel free to contact me.
47e3c9718ea2b0b3b4c978cfbba82f18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Conan, only purchase there if you intend to use it, 5000 points does not go far trading out into HGVC.

We prefer a resort experience when on vacation, HCNY is a big city hotel experience, you have to like that type of vacation. I was at W57 in Oct and took an update, they just added Washington DC and looking at adding London and San Francisco - so Hilton Club will be the big city experience. If you want resorts buy HGVC points location with low fees like Vegas.

I agree. We own at W. 57th and Flamingo. We use New York points for New York. We use Vegas points for everywhere else. New York points only make sense if you will use them in, and want to go regularly to, New York. We do, so it works for us.

Cheers.

Travelgirl121

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for their input and advice. You have all been most helpful!

jmpacleary

TUG Member
Reaction score

We have a lease ending sometime in 2031 for the main Hilton Club in NYC. This may be the RTU mentioned. Without reviewing files, it seems maintenance increases 3 1/2-4 1/2 percent/year. The owners lounge (for owners only using points) is great-providing good breakfast in AM and wine,beer and plenty of hors d'oeuvres in the evening. Hilton gave us a hard pitch last year to change to a deeded buy.

Any information/guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
1) What season is this HCNY listing Platinum? Gold?

2) How do the maintenance fees at Hilton Club compare with West 57th?