• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The government will soon hand you $4,000 to buy a used electric car. How to navigate the purchase, according to experts.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some dealers are applying the $4000 directly to the sales price of the used EV. I don't know if the buyer has to sign over the credit or just how it works. Maybe the dealer gets to use the credit. I dunno.

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some dealers are applying the $4000 directly to the sales price of the used EV. I don't know if the buyer has to sign over the credit or just how it works. Maybe the dealer gets to use the credit. I dunno.
I would need more info on that. The credit is UP TO $4000. That tells me that it's not a flat $4000, so if the dealers are giving $4000, and not everyone qualifies for the full amount, then somewhere somehow it has to be paid back

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would need more info on that. The credit is UP TO $4000. That tells me that it's not a flat $4000, so if the dealers are giving $4000, and not everyone qualifies for the full amount, then somewhere somehow it has to be paid back
I suspect that before you take delivery on that used EV, the details will be made clear.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, now, this is curious. California has a heat wave and EV owners are told NOT to charge their EV batteries.

If you own a conventional vehicle, however, you can still gas up with no problem.

California is on a path to further weaken its power grid by taking more conventional power offline and replacing it with weather-dependent intermittent wind and solar. How much more often will these periods you are not supposed to charge your EV occur then?

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, now, this is curious. California has a heat wave and EV owners are told NOT to charge their EV batteries.

If you own a conventional vehicle, however, you can still gas up with no problem.

California is on a path to further weaken its power grid by taking more conventional power offline and replacing it with weather-dependent intermittent wind and solar. How much more often will these periods you are not supposed to charge your EV occur then?
Just wait till 2, 3 years from now when they decommission their last nuclear plant and several more natural gas power plants and EV cars grow in adoption. Fun times ahead for charging on the power grid during ever hotter/dryer heat waves. Yah for the EV cars replacing ICE vehicles!

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wait till 2, 3 years from now when they decommission their last nuclear plant and several more natural gas power plants and EV cars grow in adoption. Fun times ahead for charging on the power grid during ever hotter/dryer heat waves. Yah for the EV cars replacing ICE vehicles!

The other thing interesting about heat waves and cold snaps is that they often are accompanied by calm wind conditions so wind turbines don't produce well if at all.

Last edited:

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those Scandanavians do not seem to think much of Teslas. First that guy in Finland had his Model S blown up because it would cost $23,000 to replace the battery. Now Norwegian Tesla owners have announced a hunger strike:

FTEddie

Reaction score
I wish they would offer an incentive for buying hybrids. I think it is premature to push everyone to EV's until bugs are worked out, power grid is enhanced, and the key raw materials aren't primarily produced in enemy countries.
[/QUOTE
When did Australia go over to the dark side?