• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The elderly are told to stay home, getting medicine can be an issue

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I spent all day trying to get moms medicine to her.

Yesterday it was easy to get the doctor to call the prescription in. He wanted me to get it delivered to mom.

So I call CVS and they cannot deliver for over a week as they only do 10 deliveries a day. She needs it sooner. They suggest I do mail order and she would get by Friday. I could only do by loading an app even though her store would do the order.

I download the app, do the order and she was suppose to receive today a day early. I get notices from usps confirming deliver today and then a text it is not coming due to address problem.

I call usps, holding long, and they can see how the address was done wrong. They put her apt number in front of address thus invalid. Can’t even understand how it was wrong as cvs email showed it correct. I try to get them to reroute back and they say that request can take up to 4 business days to say if they can do it. Fastest was is to let it proceed back to sender.

So I call CVS number for mail orders and after holding on over 1/2 hour twice, each time get cut off. I decide to call the store.

The store says they cannot do anything until the box comes back. I explain moms medicine is running out. They offer to give her a 5 day supply. They will not deliver even if I pay for delivery. She has to come to pharmacy. The whole point is for her to stay home. Keep hearing nothing they can do. Of course I keep insisting

Then they offer to Get another order out but I would have to pay for it in full and they would refund me once they get the box back. I ask what if somehow she gets both, no refund. Then after pushing more, told if she brings the box down the day she gets it and does not open we will refund. I said the whole point is she is suppose to stay in.

I finally give in, to pay for the prescription and it would be mailed today and received by Saturday. I need to get mom her medicine.

This call was over an hour and I was put on hold multiple times while she went to find out what could be done.

All ready to proceed and pay she once again asks me to hold. Comes back and says I have good news, my associate was making calls while I was on with you. The package will be delivered tomorrow by usps, we were able to get them to reroute.

Do I believe that? I have no confidence it will delivered. If not I will have to pay and it will be delayed.

Shame on cvs, they must have made the label error, they blame usps, and wouldn’t make any exception to deliver one block away to her. I can see sick people forced to get their medicine. This is how the virus spreads.

Another failure to help the elderly in NY.

Brett

Reaction score
Good thing my 99 year old mother is in an assisted living facility - they take care of the meds (and many other things)

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The package did not get delivered. They had a redeliver directive but still the wrong address and would not correct it saying it will get returned to sender.

The pharmacy then was telling me there is nothing they can do until they get it back. They wanted again to provide 5 pills.. I asked what happens after the 5 pills are gone and you don’t get the package?

Finally I got to talk to the head pharmacist. She personally after work delivered the medicine to my mom after work. There are still people that care and when I come across them it fuels my hope for the future.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The elderly should have mail order scripts, like Express Scripts. 90 day supply comes in the mail, right on time. There should be no ISSUE

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The elderly should have mail order scripts, like Express Scripts. 90 day supply comes in the mail, right on time.
Somehow moms had the wrong address, still unknown why, her mail order script is out in mail land somewhere