• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The demise of Red Lobster is a perfect case study in how to kill a business

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

Flavor Flav makes last-ditch attempt to save Red Lobster after seafood chain files for bankruptcy​

Flavor Flav is determined to keep Red Lobster afloat - buying every dish on the menu to help the struggling seafood chain.

The Public Enemy rapper - self-proclaimed as the chain's No 1 fan - is also set to talk to Red Lobster this week about a potential collaboration.

85716931-13494815-image-a-1_1717535107503.jpg
meh, seems like more of a Flavor Flav opportunistic promotion riding the buzz about the Red Lobster Chapter 11. What a waste of food.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
meh, seems like more of a Flavor Flav opportunistic promotion riding the buzz about the Red Lobster Chapter 11. What a waste of food.

He's a really nice guy. He wandered into the Bellagio while I was working, sat down at a piano, and belted out jazz that would make Duke Ellington nod in approval.

Then he hung out where I was working (it was a seafood place, of sorts. If vodka and caviar sampling counts). Ate for hours and talked about his favorite jazz musicians from the hard-bop era. He also has interesting taste in modern art.

Flav played every single instrument on Public Enemy's first album. Chuck D said something to the effect of "He can play every instrument. I can't even play a scratch-off ticket."

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
He's a really nice guy.
My post was not to suggest otherwise, but where was this "self proclaimed #1 Red Lobster Fan" before the recent media hype?

I am not one for conspiracy theories, yet it seems obvious to me that Flavor Fav's talent agent recognized a money making opportunity, and the slow-news-day media have picked up on it.

Is Flavor Fav even a Red Lobster Rewards Platinum member, and when did he become one? Surely, a #1 Fan would be. Inquiring minds want to know.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
My post was not to suggest otherwise, but where was this "self proclaimed #1 Red Lobster Fan" before the recent media hype?

I am not one for conspiracy theories, yet it seems obvious to me that Flavor Fav's talent agent recognized a money making opportunity, and the slow-news-day media have picked up on it.

Is Flavor Fav even a Red Lobster Rewards Platinum member, and when did he become one? Surely, a #1 Fan would be. Inquiring minds want to know.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ate there five times a week. Flav's an odd duck. A really, really, really interesting odd duck. But an odd one for sure.

Randomly talking about jazz musicians, "Hey, do you think the hostess will go home with me?"

"Dunno? You can ask her. I'm basically the only happily-married chef in this building. I don't flirt with front of the house."

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
It wouldn't surprise me if he ate there five times a week. Flav's an odd duck. A really, really, really interesting odd duck. But an odd one for sure.

Randomly talking about jazz musicians, "Hey, do you think the hostess will go home with me?"

"Dunno? You can ask her. I'm basically the only happily-married chef in this building. I don't flirt with front of the house."
Did you do stand up in Vegas? Because your lines are pure comedy.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

You are nothing but a joker.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)

Red Lobster planning the closure of ANOTHER 135 restaurants if landlords won't give in to the chain's demands​

• The casual dining staple listed locations to close if rent is not renegotiated

The restaurant's landlord is reportedly doubling the location's rent to $2.2 million a year, posing a threat to the 22-year-old lease.​
Red Lobster has just a few weeks to agree a deal with the landlord as the new lease is set to begin on June 30.​
The decision to include the high-profile location on its list of rejected leases 'could be a way to exert pressure on the landlord,' bankruptcy attorney Patrick Collins told The Post.​
'It's a way for the company to signal to the landlord that unless something changes it's prepared to close that store,' Collins added.​
Bankruptcy court documents show that there were a total of 228 leases that the company calculated will keep losing money unless the rent is cut.​

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I watched the latest Last Week Tonight With John Oliver episode last night on HBOMAX, in which the last segment was all about Red Lobster.

Note I would normally post a link to the episode itself, but since it also contains two segments on political topics I’m refraining from doing so. Just search for the June 2 episode and you’ll find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. I go hot and cold on John Oliver, but will check this episode out on MAX

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw a mention in comments under an article on South West Airlines mentioning Red Lobster

How private equity rolled Red Lobster​

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

New owners for Red Lobster revealed - as it emerges the debt-ridden chain owes $21 million for shrimp alone​

Reactions: Tia

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Popular Italian restaurant chain closes more than a dozen locations across America without warning employees as former staff members are 'disheartened'​

87954085-13689439-image-a-4_1722361473111.jpg

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The Buca Di Beppo closest to us closed a few years ago. We ate there a few times, but it was never our favorite place. The family style serving really works best for larger groups. I think there is or was one someplace not that far, but I never sought that out. We have a a number of local places that we much prefer.

One of our local favs always had good food, but a really dumpy dining room. During the pandemic, they added outdoor dining room with a covered roof and heaters. Now it an amazing place to eat. Best thing to come out of the pandemic.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It is Italian food like Taco Bell is Mexican food.
Yes, but you can eat like a king at Taco Bell for $5.99.
-- once said by CNBC's Joe Kernen

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
Yes, but you can eat like a king at Taco Bell for $5.99.
-- once said by CNBC's Joe Kernen
Not anymore. Went there last week and paid about $20 for what we used to pay about $7-$9.