• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Cottages at Kings Creek Platation - Information please

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Husband co-worker won a 7 Night stay at The Cottages at Kings Creek Plantation in Williamsburg,Va in a 3 Bedroom Lock-Off.:whoopie:

Does anyone know if this is a nice place to stay at ??
They are going to surprise their Adult daughters, Grandma and Grandpa . I have to say, I wish I was this lucky .

I saw the review on tug and not much else, so anyone that owns at The Cottages any input would help. Thanks

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
All I can tell you is they are very close to Water Country USA and I believe a Target shopping center. They look nice from the outside. They are in active sales and have people stationed outside of every grocery store in Williamsburg to try to talk people into coming to a presentation.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks tschwa2, I tell my husband to pass along the information .

Marlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there this summer after touring a few years ago and really enjoyed the 3 br lockoff. The 2bd size is nice with both bedrooms upstairs. It is very spacious. The 1 bd side was small but since we were using it for one family it worked out fine. Plus nice to have two thermostats for my parents that like things warmer than I do!

It is a bit remote unless you are planning to go to Water country next door. They are going for a home away from home feel and it does seem like you are in a neighborhood instead of a condo. We really enjoyed the stay and look forward to going back. We don't own here but intend to trade back in or do an extra vacation sometime.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at the Cottages and we really like them. They are little separate houses with a tiny 1br side and a big 2br side. We stayed there when our kids were old enough to be on their own most of the time, and we took the 1br side and gave them the 2br side. We did all our cooking and eating in the big kitchen on the 2br side.

The indoor pool at King's Creek is very nice, with a good locker room.

Williamsburg is very spread out and most of the timeshares are a bit of a trek. Not that bad, though.

I hope you have a great time! We were just in Williamsburg. We love it there!

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw the setup with the adult daughters and Grandma and Grandpa. You might suggest to your friends that they decide in advance who will get the small 1br side. It is very small, but it's nice in that there is much more privacy there. If you stay on that 1br side, you can go in and out without disturbing anyone else.

Denise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had this type unit last fall. Worked great for our group. I used the 1 bedroom side, very private and more than enough space for me.
The adult children & their friends had the other side. Everything was in very good condition, very clean and the carpet looked new. The only issue was the couch in the 2 bedroom side was dirty and saggy. Would stay here again.