• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Cliffs Resort or W Kauai Beach Villas

sunshine4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between these two resorts. They will be 1 bedroom with 2 couples (brother) We have stayed in Princeville before so the location is not a large factor. Which would you choose and why?:ponder:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
In the winter - when you are going - Princeville gets far more rain. In the winter, I'd stay in the Poipu area instead of either of the resorts you mentioned, to avoid the rain.

princeville-rainfall.jpg

poipu-rainfall.jpg

sunshine4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes Last week in Jan. However I am trying to pre or post cede my Maui week on Jan 28-4. So far this is all that has come available on all islands. So of the two would you stay more towards the middle of the island?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes Last week in Jan. However I am trying to pre or post cede my Maui week on Jan 28-4. So far this is all that has come available on all islands. So of the two would you stay more towards the middle of the island?

You must be looking at the online inventory - remember that's the LEFTOVERS after all the on-going requests have been filled - you need to put in an ongoing request ASAP - that's where the good stuff is.

Poipu isn't mid-island - it's south, and that where I'd stay. Lihue to Kapa'a (Coconut Coast) is considered mid-island, but Poipu is dryer.

kauai_map_01.jpg

Last edited:

sunshine4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I am looking at online inventory. I did have an on going search request in for the last 6 or 8 months and never hit. I had to use those weeks to confirm and hold these units. I do not know why my on going search was not working. Of course now I lost my place in line.:(

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
I am trying to decide between these two resorts. They will be 1 bedroom with 2 couples (brother) We have stayed in Princeville before so the location is not a large factor. Which would you choose and why?:ponder:
Aloha,
Full disclosure: we own several ocean front weeks at KBV and one 1B1B (purchased from developer).
If you get a one bed / one bath at KBV it will be very crowded for two couples. If you get a one bed / two bath at KBV then it would not be crowded and in fact would be quite comfortable for a one bedroom (fold out bed not included in the comfort comment; on last trip we bought an inflatable air mattress). I have no familiarity with Cliffs other than reading TUG.
KBV is both centrally located and somewhat isolated - I consider both positive. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Kapoh...1532,114.169922&vpsrc=6&hnear=Kapoho&t=h&z=16
You can drive to either north or south shores in reasonable time should you feel the need to go elsewhere. The resort is on the ocean but as an exchanger it is unlikely you would have ocean front or ocean view. Even so, you would be within a three to seven minute mostly level walk to the beach. The beach is generally considered not swimmable but it is a long sandy under used beach great for lounging. Ocean conditions permitting, I snorkel a few hundred yard out from a particular entry point, but don't do that if you are not an advanced swimmer/snorkeller.
Jack
p.s you also get to use the very nice pools at the adjacent hotel

sunshine4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jack,
I guess there is no way of knowing if we would get 1 or 2 baths. But the info and the map was very helpful. :)

chester1122

TUG Member
Reaction score
cliff club

Cliffs club can be very good in terms of one bedroom. We've often got the bedroom with loft which is still a one bedroon in terms of points. Find out which you get as that is a great option for 2 couple. KBV would be very crowded for 2 couples.

That being said KBV is very central and lets you go either way depending on the weather.

Thanks Jack,
I guess there is no way of knowing if we would get 1 or 2 baths. But the info and the map was very helpful. :)