• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Cabins at Green Mountain in Branson, Missouri

Dunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed here? The Cabins at Green Mountain in Branson, Missouri GMC
I have 2 3 bedrooms units reserved for next summer through II.
There are no reviews.

Thanks

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in unit 13 several weeks ago. We had picked out that unit particular unit when we were there about a year ago. It was one of the older units but we liked its location at the resort. It did not have a hot tub in the unit like the newer ones.

We liked it because its screened in porch had bushy trees that gave a it a secluded feeling. There was also a small man made creek that flowed and "gurgled" behind it.

The unit is done in a very rustic stye with wood, floors, walls and vaulted wooden ceilings that created a feeling of openness. We like that type of old fashioned style. The units IMHO are far nicer on the inside in comparison to their outsides.

The unit felt secluded but is only about.4 to .5 of a mile off of the main strip. It is by celeabretion city. The units locations we really liked were units 9,10, 13,14, 15 and 16 at the Cabins at Green Moutain.

We will be going back on November 10, 2006 to stay at Big Cedar 2 Bedroom Cabin on the Cove.

But when we got home we booked a 2 bedroom at the the Cabins at Green Mountain new sister resort called Stormy Point Village done in a Cape Cod style with each unit being free standing. We will be checking in on November 11, 2007.

Bruce

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
You will like it.

It's a little cramped for space, cuz they didn't have much to work with, but it will give you the feeling of being in the woods, by the lake, when you are not, when you are in town.

It's a rustic, lodgey, woodsy, lakey feel. All fake, but still the same feeling.

Drop me a line when it gets closer and you and yours can come on out to the Margaritaville Dock, see real woods by a real lake and ride in a real boat!

Last edited:

libraria99

Reaction score
Hi, I own there and have stayed in both cabins #14 and #15. What Bruce said above is all correct. I'm not sure where the 3 bdrm cabins are located. I really like it there, mostly go in November because of the location. It is on a road that goes parallell to Hwy 76 (the strip) so you can get around pretty fast. I believe they now have two outdoor pools (and a hot tub) and a clubhouse. They are not "super fancy", but kind of rustic. I like the screened in porch...

avpmouse

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are also going to be staying at the cabins with check-in Nov 12th. I have 2 3 bedroom units reserved. I can't wait. We may have to look up a fellow tugger this time if we can squeeze in a moment from our role as tour guides. We are coming from Texas and entertaining friends & relatives from Florida, Michigan, Tx and maybe Pennsylvania. I also have a 2 bedroom at Palace View, checking in Nov 11th and a one bedroom reserved out at Fairfield. We have stayed at Fairfield & toured at Palace View (no pressure there!), but have not stayed at the cabins yet. I'm researching all the Christmas shows now.
Linda in Austin, TX:wave:

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Got someone in mind? :hi:

avpmouse said:
We may have to look up a fellow tugger this time if we can squeeze in a moment from our role as tour guides.

davidpatb

Reaction score
We are owners at the Cabins. We have stayed in both the 2 and 3 bedroom cabins. We enjoyed both. We stayed in a 3 br. close to the clubhouse that had a hot tub on the porch. The 2 bedroom was newer, and on the creek. The master suite had a large jacuzzi in the room.

The location can't be beat, imo. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Dunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great information.
Now I just have to get my in-laws and 2 sisters-in-law to commit....that is like pulling teeth. In the past I have reserved units in Sedona, Florida, and Hawaii for the whole family....and they have always flaked. My father in law is from Missouri and he wants to go, so maybe it will work out this time.
IT's not that they don't like us...lol....they just can't commit....they wait until about a week before the trip and then try to find airline tickets, etc...

Sorry for the rant, I just can't understand.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
I, or my wife, have been the family timeshare trip planners for many years, more than ten, and I have had that discusussion many times.

Every other Christmas I do Orlando for 10-12, including youngins, and we call it Gris' Holiday Vacation, after the National Lampoon move series. Of course, I play Chevy Chase role, in about the same manner that he does. We'll be glad when our Orlando at Christmas obligation is over. Maybe after this year. ;)

We've been by Cabins at Green Mountain a half-dozen times this week, and they are still there, looking fine. :)

Don't forget to drop me a line when it gets closer to heading this way.

Dunk said:
Thanks everyone for the great information.
Now I just have to get my in-laws and 2 sisters-in-law to commit....that is like pulling teeth. In the past I have reserved units in Sedona, Florida, and Hawaii for the whole family....and they have always flaked. My father in law is from Missouri and he wants to go, so maybe it will work out this time.
IT's not that they don't like us...lol....they just can't commit....they wait until about a week before the trip and then try to find airline tickets, etc...

Sorry for the rant, I just can't understand.

Last edited:

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
I'm resurrecting an old thread (2006). Don't see many comments about this resort on TUG.

My wife always tells me that she'd like to stay "at a cabin in the woods." By that she means a small resort that is quiet, woodsy, secluded, peaceful. This resort seems to fit the bill. I've had it on my radar for a few years, and this year we've got a 2BR unit reserved for fall 2017.

Would appreciate any comments about what unit we might want to request. Also, anyone with a resort map?

I'm also confused about the hot tub comments. We don't really need an in-room jacuzzi because we rarely make use of one. But do some of the units have a hot tub on the unit porch, outdoors? Or are the outdoors hot tubs all shared by the entire resort?

Last edited:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, some of the units do have a hot tub on the back porch (covered and screened). We enjoyed our stay there. The units are nice, but the resort is very compact and doesn't have much to offer for ammenities. The location is right off the main strip (hwy 76), so that is a plus.

I would not consider anything there to be a "cabin in the woods". The interior of the units have a cabin decor and walls, but that's it. There is a little hiking trail that goes through a wooded area, but the resort is not very secluded and small.

Last edited: