• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The bright side of COVID-19

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
@WinniWoman I understand your frustration, however stewing over it does not help. Suggest you find something positive to pass the time until this blows over (which it will). Can you sew face masks and donate to a local hospital to pay it forward? Can you plant a garden?

Don't sew and have no property and not into gardening anyway. I don't dig dirt. Even when we had 10 1/2 acres I didn't. This year I intend to buy two flower pots with flowers for outside- maybe. If we can even buy flowers. I am into simplicity.

Right now we are having a snowstorm and under that snow is nothing but mud because the development is new and the builder has not cleaned up and graded the lots yet. Mind you- we literally have no land- it is beyond tiny and I am not exaggerating.

Anyhow, my days go fast as I have spent a lot of my life energy on the phone setting up stuff and resolving things. That si me- Ms. responsibility. Hubby doesn't do it. Also with getting some things done in the new house and just keeping house and cooking and laundry, and paying bills, etc. Then there is the shopping.

I also exercise a bit and I like my social media and reading and a little TV. Before I know it I look at the clock and it is like 4:30.

Honestly I am in survival mode right now.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I don't have to check expiration dates at the grocery store. It got cleaned out pretty thoroughly, so now everything there is fresh.

I finally got around to doing my taxes.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
- HydroxyChloroquine - 200mg 2x per day for 5 days
- Azithromycin - 500mg 1x per day for 5 days
- Zinc Sulphate - 220mg 1x per day for 5 days

Doctor and team treated 500 patients in various NY areas with above regimen

Results

0 Deaths
0 Hospitalisations
0 Intubations

How this would work. (If it does.)

HydroxyChloroquine affect the cell membrane in people, allowing more Zinc to go into cells. In white blood cells, this stimulates them to more activity, increasing the immune response. This is not a "targeted" response to a particular virus, but a general response to all pathogens.

The Zinc Sulfate allows more Zinc to be in the bloodstream, to be picked up by those immune cells. (Note, pre-pandemic notes on Zinc as a supplement states that surveys show that around 40% of Americans are deficient in ZInc, under normal conditions.

The antibiotic (Azithromycin) is to prevent secondary bacteria infection while the immune system is attacking the COVID-19 virus.

The cases treated were not far advanced, i.e., not already hospitalized.

Supposedly, Trump has already ordered the FDA to allow off-label use for these drugs for COVID-19. The next few weeks should see a lot of results of doctors trying this regimen. After all, there is no other regimen to try. . .

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sound like someone needs a JOB or they need to be a volunteer somewhere?LOL

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Time to appreciate the things you didn't have time to appreciate before.

Just saw a bright red cardinal sitting on a snow covered tree branch (we live in Vermont). Beautiful!!!

robin.jpg

LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Dave

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. I still have a job and with new crew systems, I get a full week off work without using any holiday time.
2. I get to spend time with my family.
3. Lots of new recipes, homemade food and fresh baked bread. (Honestly, I’m just there to do dishes!)
4. Lots of odd jobs getting done around the house.
5. Spending less money cause nothing is really open.
6. Don’t have to be around people I don’t want to be. Awkward birthday, other social engagements I don’t want to be at.
7. Even though travel plans are cancelled, most of the money spent was refunded as credits. Timeshares and airlines stepped up well.
8. Lot of good stuff to watch on Netflix, and Amazon Prime.
9. I actually have time to read the books I have been putting off.
10. Everyone in the house is healthy.
11. Got out of the stock market on February 21st, relatively unscathed and everything is in cash.

Trying to make the best of an inconvenient situation. It sucks, but I feel I’m in a better situation than most.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Positives:
- I am cooking more and eating in all of our meals, saving $.
- Got our 2019 taxes done.
- Not traveling, even though forfeited cruise deposits, saving $.
- Get around to organizing the pantry in order to store canned food and stuff.
- The sun still rises from the east each day.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another bright side of the virus all televisions, computers, tablets and cellphones are being turned off during dinner time. And that is amazing.
No cable news channels are on. Thanks You.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
As I mentioned before, I am going on more long walks in our neighborhood, and that has produced another positive side effect -- I'm running into more neighbors I haven't talked to for quite some time, and having nice conversations with them (staying plenty far apart, of course!).

Kurt

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
bagel.jpg

Dave :ROFLMAO:

DaveNV

TUG Member