• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort

tjorhom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won an e-bay sale yesterday for:
Here is your chance to own an Annual Deeded Property (Does Not Expire) at a bargain price. One Bedroom, One Bathroom unit (Deeded unit 418; sleeps 4) Floating RED Week's 1-50 (allows you to make a reservation for anyone of the aforementioned weeks; Fri/Sat/Sun Check in/out) at Hilton's The Bay Club at Waikola Beach Resort, an RCI GOLD CROWN, located in Waikoloa, HI. This unit is worth 4,800 Hilton Grand Vacation Points (the unit has not been converted into HGVC points, but can be for a start up fee of $399 and an annual membership fee of approx. $95). All fees are current with mortgage paid in full, you will receive clear title guaranteed! Usage is Annual. Your usage and fees start next year in 2009. The 2008 maintenance fees have been paid in full. Fees are billed annually in the amount of $893. Purchase this ownership NOW at a fraction of the original price! This auction is subject to Hilton's right of first refusal. If Hilton exercises this right you will receive a full refund. This is a Low Reserve auction ($4,000) !!!

It seemed like an incredible deal, or am I missing something?

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You're not missing anything. You got a very good deal. Here's hoping it passes Hilton's ROFR! :banana:

-Bob

Bill4728

Reaction score
You did great!!

Congrats.

lamb

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at the Bay Club and have for many years via a resale. Can I still participate in the Hilton Grand Vacation Points system? If so, is it recommended?

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at the Bay Club and have for many years via a resale. Can I still participate in the Hilton Grand Vacation Points system? If so, is it recommended?

You can probably still join HGVC. You have to pay a one-time fee of $399, and then your week will be worth a certain amount of HGVC pts depending on unit size and season. I own at Seaworld (retail :annoyed:) and Bay Club (eBay resale - 4,800 pts EOY for $3200). I've used my Bay Club points in HGVC for stays at Seaworld and through RCI. HGVC is a great system, and you should join.

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think it has ROFR since it's an affiliate.

tjorhom, that's a great price.

There is ROFR at Bay Club. Your price will probably pass, as I bought for less fairly recently and it passed ROFR. You can never tell, however. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's really good deal! Congrats!
Keep us know if you passed ROFR.

tjorhom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I have started to work with the seller and I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping it will go through without a hitch.

A warning however:
After winning the bid I got an e-mail claiming to be from the seller saying that his PayPal was broken and to send him a cashiers chack, and that by the way he was located in Spain!!!! Very interesting, I am contemplating keeping this scoundler hoping for a while with my own bogus messages, but I don't think I have the time.:doh:

annenp

Reaction score
I have started to work with the seller and I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping it will go through without a hitch.

A warning however:
After winning the bid I got an e-mail claiming to be from the seller saying that his PayPal was broken and to send him a cashiers chack, and that by the way he was located in Spain!!!! Very interesting, I am contemplating keeping this scoundler hoping for a while with my own bogus messages, but I don't think I have the time.:doh:

be very careful - I personally would not send the cashier's check (especially to spain) and would only pay with some protection backup like visa or paypal......

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

A warning however:
-----------
He (the guy in Spain) may be a harmless scammer, but you really should not play in the same sandbox with these cretins, lest they find out more about you than you intended.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Why don't you insist on using a closing company? I would never send direct payment for a TS purchase of more than $20. If the seller balks, offer to pay the closing company's costs (if it is still worth it to you).

Kurt

tjorhom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I wasn't quite clear in my message (I am a better talker than typer), but the guy is a total scam.

Bill4728

Reaction score
What we are saying is that for all TS purchases, you should never pay up front with pay pal or check ect. ( unless your working with one of the very well established TS companies.)

With all TS purchases, most Tugger recommend that you have a reliable closing company hold the money in their escrow account while they do the paperwork to transfer the title/deed into your name.

DO NOT pay the seller directly!! If he is a scammer he'll walk away. BUT, If he is just clue-less, he'll figure out that he needs to have a closing company transfer title and use their escrow too.

Last edited:

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the ad and saw it's a Laman34, who uses Timeshare Closing Service exclusively.

The are generally reputable and you shouldn't have much trouble...but don't belive the e-mail you got. Deal with the information you have in the ad and if in doubt, contact TCS directly with the ad #. They'll be able to get you on your way scam free.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe laman 34 is ok, but the e-mail you got from the guy in spain is a total scam. He is sending the e-mails (messages) to the winning bidders and request money to send to spain.
laman 34 doesn't request money to himself, they use timeshare closing services as a escrow company/closing agent. I have purchased a TS from them before and I paid my TS through paypal. It is escrow company's paypal account, not laman34's.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clearly a scam. Too bad - it was a good deal. I would ignore him. Screwing around back can be dangerous - think road rage.

tjorhom

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sale is not a scam only the fishing e-mail received when winning the bid.

PS! DOES ANYBODY HAVE PICTURES FROM THIS RESORT?

Bill4728

Reaction score
The sale is not a scam only the fishing e-mail received when winning the bid.

PS! DOES ANYBODY HAVE PICTURES FROM THIS RESORT?
If you go to the HGVC website and the RCI website, they both have pictures of the resort.

The resort itself is about 15 -2 story buildings
ttom said:
the Bay Club is 10 buildings with 3 stories each (villas are only duplexes)
. Each bldg has 4-6 units. I think it has 2 small pool areas.

The resort is on a golf course across the street ( & ocean) from a huge Hilton hotel resort. Therefore the hilton hotel blocks most of the ocean views from the Bay Club. The general resort area has 2 huge hotels, 2 or 3 golf courses, two small shoppping areas, and several condo complexs.

Outside of the developed resort area, there are huge lava fields. Looks almost like a moon-scape.

Last edited:

TTom

Reaction score
Actually, the Bay Club is 10 buildings with 3 stories each (villas are only duplexes). It is right next door to HGVC Kohala Suites, which has about 7 or 8 three story buildings. None of the 1BR units have any view of the ocean (that I can recall), and there is only a very limited ocean view from the 2BR units. The top floors are the "penthouse" units, so their view is probably a bit better.

FWIW, the 2BR units are probably the biggest units we have ever stayed in. Very comfortable. One BR was fine for the two of us (also relatively large, as I recall).

We have owned for 10 years (our first TS), but haven't stayed there for a while.

Tom

Kdudley311

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently staying at HGVC Waikoloa. We are touring a Bay Club unit tomorrow morning just to see what one looks like (for comparison). I have talked with a couple of people in the fitness club staying at Bay Club and they have each said the units are very large (about 1,600 square feet) and the only thing you can't use is the waterslide pools at the HWV. The slides aren't very big so I might go for the bigger units at Bay Club next time. These at the HGVC are a little small for 4 adults. When we are all in the living room, it seems kind of cramped but still doable. The Bay Club units look beautiful from the outside. Hey, in any case, it's Hawaii right? It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it :whoopie: