• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The 26 best Marriott hotels in the world

curitiba_tapley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club
Marriott's Harbor Lake
Club Wyndham Access
This is an jnteresting list. First, hotels are all brands part of Bonvoy. And almost all are in exotic, tourist destinations. Not surprising. Second, gotta love the Spring Hill in Springdale, Ut making the list. Third, not one actual Marriott made the list. So I would love to see a list of Best Marriotts - but that list I am sure would be a lot less interesting. Finally, there are a lot of really cool destinations I need to travel to!!

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
Stayed at the Cotton House in Barcelona. Loved it.

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I am thinking of a trip to Maldives in the next couple of years so the St. Regis one definitely looked fantastic.

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Four comments:

-- Yes, the Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Seville, Spain is a wonderful hotel. The location is unbeatable. Service was great. Thoroughly enjoyed our dinners at two of the hotel's restaurants and our breakfasts. Incredible stairway is a worth seeing. Used SNAs to upgrade to a small suite, which made it even better. Generous welcome gift in our suite. Might be the best 5-star hotel we've ever stayed at.

-- The list states that the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa is not an official Walt Disney World hotel, but that it's located on Disney property. True that it's not official. False that it's on Disney property (although you drive onto and off of Disney property to get there). It also overstates just how close it is to the destinations on Disney property. You don't receive the on-site benefits that all Disney resorts and some on-site non-Disney properties provide to guests. (I have not stayed at this JW, but I've driven to it.)

-- I like that the list includes a Fairfield Inn. Not every good place to stay needs to be a 5-star hotel affiliated with a luxury brand.

-- The list does not lnclude any Marriott Vacation Clubs or other high-end timeshares. That's not surprising. These are not luxury hotels in the traditional sense. Then again, not everyone has the same definition of luxury. I consider a full kitchen, a private washer & dryer, and a spacious condo-like suite with one or more separate bedrooms to be true marks of luxury. Marriott's Ko Olina, Marriott's Newport Coast Villas, and other properties of this kind lack some the attributes of a 5-star hotel (certainly no twice daily housekeeping!), but I've voted with my wallet for the luxuries I appreciate.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We stayed at the Springhill Suites last fall with the last 5 night package we were able to get before Marriott eliminated that option. It is a very nice property within walking distance to several good restaurants and a grocery store. Had a nice view of a mountain behind it. I suppose one could also walk to the Zion National Park entrance, but it would be a pretty long walk. We chose to drive and park in the lot. If you do that plan on arriving early because it filled up pretty fast. We were fortunate to find a spot each time we tried.

On a side note, I miss having the option of the 5 night package.

Best regards.

Mike

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Four comments:

-- Yes, the Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Seville, Spain is a wonderful hotel. The location is unbeatable. Service was great. Thoroughly enjoyed our dinners at two of the hotel's restaurants and our breakfasts. Incredible stairway is a worth seeing. Used SNAs to upgrade to a small suite, which made it even better. Generous welcome gift in our suite. Might be the best 5-star hotel we've ever stayed at.

-- The list states that the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa is not an official Walt Disney World hotel, but that it's located on Disney property. True that it's not official. False that it's on Disney property (although you drive onto and off of Disney property to get there). It also overstates just how close it is to the destinations on Disney property. You don't receive the on-site benefits that all Disney resorts and some on-site non-Disney properties provide to guests. (I have not stayed at this JW, but I've driven to it.)

-- I like that the list includes a Fairfield Inn. Not every good place to stay needs to a 5-star hotel affiliated with a luxury brand.

-- The list does not lnclude any Marriott Vacation Clubs or other high-end timeshares. That's not surprising. These are not luxury hotels in the traditional sense. Then again, not everyone has the same definition of luxury. I consider a full kitchen, a private washer & dryer, and a spacious condo-like suite with one or more separate bedrooms to be true marks of luxury. Marriott's Ko Olina, Marriott's Newport Coast Villas, and other properties of this kind lack some the attributes of a 5-star hotel (certainly no twice daily housekeeping!), but I've voted with my wallet for the luxuries I appreciate.

Many people that are into the luxury hotels HATE the Marriott Vacation Clubs. They complain about the lack of lounges, elite breakfasts, late check outs, housekeeping, etc. I belong to the Marriott Titanium member facebook group and there is often much malign for the timeshares and (dumb) timeshare owners that buy-in!

I am firmly in your camp as I would much rather have a 2-bedroom villa with full kitchen than any lounge or free breakfast, but to each their own I suppose.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Many people that are into the luxury hotels HATE the Marriott Vacation Clubs. They complain about the lack of lounges, elite breakfasts, late check outs, housekeeping, etc. I belong to the Marriott Titanium member facebook group and there is often much malign for the timeshares and (dumb) timeshare owners that buy-in!

I am firmly in your camp as I would much rather have a 2-bedroom villa with full kitchen than any lounge or free breakfast, but to each their own I suppose.
The reality for my family is we prefer the space and kitchen as well as the activities at larger resorts. Generally I prefer not having housekeeping and would prefer no one in my room if I'm not there. We've gotten good value from all of our timeshares. But we were lucky and well educated before jumping in which means our entry costs are minuscule compared to what it would cost to build the portfolio we have today, MVC & otherwise. It also means I made good choices on resorts, seasons and the like. And we use them including integrating II, points and weeks to get the best out of each option. There isn't a lot I would have done differently if I would simply waive a magic wand. I could think of a couple of small adjustments I would make with my MVC portfolio if I had the chance but nothing that would cause me to sell anything.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Same here. Whilst we primarily bought our timeshare weeks with our young children in mind, wanting the space and amenities that come with a multi roomed villa, I still prefer to stay in such villas when travelling even on my own. My recent month long trip to Arizona, Nevada and Southern California saw me staying in four different timeshare 2 bedroomed villas despite travelling on my own. Did I miss the hotel breakfasts? No, I'm not a big breakfast person and I'm quite happy making my own in my kitchen. Do I need lounge access? Not at all, I'd rather sit on my balcony with a glass of wine (a decent one rather than the cheap offerings in the lounge) enjoying the solitude of my own company rather than jostling with strangers in a lounge.

I certainly appreciate a good luxury hotel but I don't look down on quality timeshare villas.

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose one could also walk to the Zion National Park entrance, but it would be a pretty long walk.
In the summer (most of the year, really) there is a free bus route that can take you right into the park. We also stayed at Springhill late in the season last year and loved it, mostly for the location. While we were upgraded to an enormous suite, it was pretty dark with no view. Stepping outside, though, wow. Totally would stay there again ina heartbeat.