• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The 20 second hand wash.......

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so we all know now we should wash our hands for 20 seconds in soapy warm water.

I have been counting the seconds. I'm a 8 second kind of gal.

Anyone else need to step up to 20? Ha Ha

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always wash my hands well. My Mom drilled that into me. And, years ago, before we went on an extended trip to Costa Rica, we went to our doctor to see if we needed any shots (malaria, tetanus, etc.). Our doctor also recommended a vaccination for Hepatitis A. After I researched Hepatitis A - I thought it was smart to have this vaccination for travel outside the US and for travel and living inside the US. It also made me eat more meals at home. Happy, safe and healthy travels!

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
But many of the stores and restaurants have handles that shut off the water after 5-10 seconds....

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You can also do it Hokey Pokey style, in front of a sink with liquid soap.

You put your right hand in. You pull your right hand out.
You put your left hand in. You pull your left hand out.
Then you scrub them both together inside and out.
And that's what it's all about.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I sing the happy birthday song one time through to time it.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I sing the happy birthday song one time through to time it.
Part of my jpb was managing the employye cafeteria. One time soon after I started, the Health Inspector told me to tell my employees to sing the happy birthday song whenever they washed their hands and do not rinse until you finished singing. :)

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
In Japan, COVID19 infections have happened by stages. In the earlier stages, the infection routes were identified. As clusters are created, it's becoming uncertain. Now we are seeing we cannot tell when, where and how patients got the virus. In US, there was no first stage. And now, the number of infections, confirmed only by test, is still low but it is spreading coast to coast. And the death toll is now low compared with the number of reported cases.

No need to panic. But I believe the situation in US should not be underestimated. As long as patients get good treatment, they will have better chance to recover. Large scale outbreak must be avoided because that will ruin operation of hospitals. As long as you are healthy, you have less chance to get the virus. Younger people have lower death rate. If you are above 60 and you have any suffering from disease, you have to be careful.

As I said, we should not panic. But preventive actions are so important. We do not get the virus while walking on the street. You should avoid any gathering particularly in a closed room. Church or Sunday service is a very good example. Do not touch your face while you are outside. When you come back home or when possible, wash your hands while singing Happy Birthday twice. Rinse your mouth and then gargle.

Just because the Japanese people took preventive actions, the number of flu cases decreased from10 mil in the last season to 6 mil this winter season. It is very clear that these basic actions are so important to protect ourselves.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
COVID 19 has reached my county today. I am scheduled for a 3/19 flight to another county upstate that also has confirmed cases. I will go unless the flight cancels, and I will bring disinfectant wipes to wipe my immediate area prior to settling in.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so we all know now we should wash our hands for 20 seconds in soapy warm water.

I have been counting the seconds. I'm a 8 second kind of gal.

Anyone else need to step up to 20? Ha Ha

One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi...rinse.