• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thanksgiving on Molokai

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
My countdown to vacation has begun. Five more days of work and I have two weeks off. We have our flights booked on Mokulele and we blocked off our condo months ago. My wife is booking our COVID tests at CVS on Monday. She will book them for Wednesday.

We’ll arrive at 9:30am on Saturday so we will be able to get some fruit and Vegetables at the farmers market in Kaunakakai town before we go to the condo.

We took a ride down Kalākaua after grocery shopping today and there were a few more people out.

DAE8CBE6-30D1-4726-9513-5B5C7514986B.jpeg
8C291176-1304-4357-8B6F-B964FC30C8AA.jpeg
A28D5827-3119-43EA-A4A3-FB98F9C04C5F.jpeg
E14FDA08-A8EE-47A2-9DD5-7BAB08487161.jpeg
07483A63-9062-4691-B9DA-FC2B35008E45.jpeg
24EFA98A-1308-4DC4-B66D-E9D4C9FEBD13.jpeg
0E1EA531-F548-4102-9AB8-D69140DAC41A.jpeg
2B02EC45-2181-437C-8781-99D670F6F502.jpeg
10CB0888-FA97-4132-8397-32EC3A6A3E83.jpeg
B30E28FF-49D0-475F-924A-6F284DA15F19.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
It was also a beautiful evening here today. I was going to walk the three blocks to the beach but didn’t have enough time so I took these from the hallway by our bedroom. I even saw a green flash tonight.

CA604353-65D6-48D9-952F-781BEC3DA465.jpeg
023980F5-6426-4AC1-9AD7-BC1EA8F311AF.jpeg
12C45FEA-7024-4B9A-A28A-0712FF8FE3DE.jpeg
BE6A9191-CB73-4A7C-9A8C-AA894C722514.jpeg
C987E0D9-69D6-4F40-8CF2-9A4C7BF450E2.jpeg
9F80B34F-618F-4B59-A440-F0E10EC14446.jpeg
4F1DE810-C0D4-4BC2-B454-977FB43F6E42.jpeg
48D0E704-7BBA-4A1E-829E-9D7447DC10BE.jpeg
7079C26B-7F95-4DD8-B0AD-57FB1A2F520F.jpeg

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sales have been up for us on Maui. They have definitely benefited from travel opening up but the crowds are still sparse.

There is a realtor in the Kaanapali area that has been posting daily videos on YouTube and I have been watching them. He drives around on a one wheel so he can zoom around the walkways pretty quick and you’ll get an idea on how crowded it is. He goes around the area, even front street and tells you what is open and what is still closed.

This is the one from this morning. If you look at his channel you can see the other areas that he has gone to recently. He was just in Kahului and Kihei a couple of days ago.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My wife went online this morning dearie we have appointments at 3:30pm and 3:50pm on Wednesday for our COVID tests. Our departure is 9am Saturday so as long as we get them back in time we should be good to go.

Last edited:

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
My wife went online this morning dearie we have appointments at 3:30pm and 3:50pm on Wednesday for our COVID tests. Our departure is 9am so as long as we get them back in time we should be good to go.
Remember when the only stress was making sure we packed everything we needed and got to the airport on time?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Remember when the only stress was making sure we packed everything we needed and got to the airport on time?

Yes, I’ll be glad when the test is over and we have the results back. I’m lucky though. It’s only a half hour flight so not to much rushing around. Heck Mokulele doesn’t even have TSA to deal with.:D

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got done with our COVID tests. We went to the Longs, we had appointments. Of course we went to the wrong one. We must have hit the wrong one on Google maps. :D

We were early anyway and got to the other location in plenty of time. We were still a little early. The drive thru had good signage and we just had to wait a little bit while they got them together. We did them ourselves while the person in the Longs called our phone and watched us while he walked us through it.

It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. After we were done, we had to put the dabs in the test tube with some liquid in it. Then you put it in the bag and deposit it in the box by the drive through.

We were the last appointments for the day and the pickup box was full. We told him it was for travel and he said we should get a text and it should come in time. So, we’ll see.

Glad that part is over. Once we get the results, we just have to convert the file to pdf and upload it to the Hawaii Safe Travel website. Then within 24 hour the health Questionnaire will be made available for us to fill out.

So now we wait and I only have 2 more days of work before the vacation starts.:cheer::banana:

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck. Since CVS owns Longs, I assume that the workflow is the same (though obviously being in HI, the labs might be different).

Some advice -- my test ( done ~67 hours before departure) results didn't come back until I had taken off from the airport. So you may have to fill out the questionnaire before you upload the test (or move your flight if you don't want to chance it). And with CVS (if you were told to use the myChart app, it likely is the same as Longs), just know that they didn't accept my pdf report from the app. They had me navigate from my text message, login to the web, and show them the form live which was formatted differently -- of course, YMMV on Molokai.

Good luck!

-ryan

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good luck. Since CVS owns Longs, I assume that the workflow is the same (though obviously being in HI, the labs might be different).

Some advice -- my test ( done ~67 hours before departure) results didn't come back until I had taken off from the airport. So you may have to fill out the questionnaire before you upload the test (or move your flight if you don't want to chance it). And with CVS (if you were told to use the myChart app, it likely is the same as Longs), just know that they didn't accept my pdf report from the app. They had me navigate from my text message, login to the web, and show them the form live which was formatted differently -- of course, YMMV on Molokai.

Good luck!

-ryan

Yes, it will be the MyChart app. I’ll see how I get the file and will convert it to pdf if needed. We’ll see how that goes.

I will move the flight of needed. Our condo complex on Molokai is in Maui county and we can’t quarantine there. If this doesn’t work there is a place close to us here in Waikiki that is a trusted partner and we get the results in a couple hours. It’s more expensive but we’d do it for this trip.

Reactions: Xan

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
My doctor's office uses MyChart. I was just playing with it, though not with a CVS COVID file.

An iPhone/iPad trick to create PDFs, if you don't want to get an app, is to go print the document, and then save a pdf before you actually send it to a printer:
1.) Open a document in MyChart -> My Documents
2.) Press the symbol on the upper right hand corner to share the document (rectangle with arrow pointing up). Say yes to the prompt from MyChart.
3.) Scroll down to "Print" and tap it. This will show an image of the document at the bottom and will try to locate a printer.
4.) Zoom in on the image (place your thumb and index finger on it and separate the fingers). The image opens up all by itself.
5.) Share that file (again, upper right hand corner) and "Save to Files". This will put a pdf into your iCloud files. I have a folder there called Hawaii Travel so I can put things related to my trip in one place.

On the Safe Travels web site, I can then go to "Documents" and then "Upload File". From there, I can "Choose File", then "Browse" and see my iCloud Drive to navigate to the Hawaii Travel folder and select the MyChart.pdf previously created.

This all sounds more complicated than it really is. You can try things ahead of time by selecting a photo or some other non-pdf file and trying to print it. A photo is saved as Photo.pdf, for example. The MyChart file is originally a tif file, but the printing process lets you save it as a pdf. Almost any file you can open and print should be convertible to PDF this way.

Alternatively, I have PDF Expert on my iPad. I can share documents from MyChart into it, and then save the document in PDF Expert as a pdf. It isn't worth getting the app just to save a document as a pdf. The app can edit the pdf and do many other things. The Print trick should work.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mahalo for the info.

I was hoping to get the results on Friday and I can open the file and convert it on my desktop then either mail it to myself so I can upload it or just upload it on the desktop. Then everything should be ready. I hope to get this no later than Friday evening.

Reactions: Xan

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am hoping I can take care of things on my desktop too. However, I have to take the test on Sunday, Nov. 29 for a trip on Dec. 2, and I'm not 100% sure I'll have the results back before I leave home. I thought I'd dust off the cobwebs on how to create a pdf on iOS/iPadOS, and maybe others can use the information.

Have a good trip!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am hoping I can take care of things on my desktop too. However, I have to take the test on Sunday, Nov. 29 for a trip on Dec. 2, and I'm not 100% sure I'll have the results back before I leave home. I thought I'd dust off the cobwebs on how to create a pdf on iOS/iPadOS, and maybe others can use the information.

Have a good trip!

Hope it works out for you.

I have to bring my laptop from work so I can always use that if I have to.

You have a safe trip too!!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We both got our results back this morning. I had an issue with MyChart but I was able to get it resolved with the test Lab, Quest.

I uploaded both of our tests in the Hawaii Safe Travels website. It verified them right away. At 9am we were able to go on the Hawaii Safe Travels site again and answer the health questions. As soon as we submitted, an email was sent with our QR code.

So we both have our test results and QR code’s so I think we are all set. We noticed our test results on MyChart before we received any notices. I was able to convert the file to a PDF on my laptop. But later we received a text with a link and when you use the link it converts it to a pdf. It was in a different format than what was on MyChart so I printed them both for each of us just in case.

We already emailed our test results to WaveCrest, where our condo is and they responded that we are all set there.

We’ll see how tomorrow goes.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Have a great vacation, Jeff. Hope there are no surprises, and plenty of smiles for you both.

Dave

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we both have our test results and QR code’s so I think we are all set. We noticed our test results on MyChart before we received any notices. I was able to convert the file to a PDF on my laptop. But later we received a text with a link and when you use the link it converts it to a pdf. It was in a different format than what was on MyChart so I printed them both for each of us just in case.
Good that you have both. The text with the link was the different format I was referring in my previous post. The airport official wouldn't take the MyChart pdf... they wanted to see the format from the text link. Obviously, YMMV.

With your test already being verified, I think you might be good to go with just the scan of the barcode.

Good luck and enjoy Molokai!

-ryan

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good that you have both. The text with the link was the different format I was referring in my previous post. The airport official wouldn't take the MyChart pdf... they wanted to see the format from the text link. Obviously, YMMV.

With your test already being verified, I think you might be good to go with just the scan of the barcode.

Good luck and enjoy Molokai!

-ryan

Mahalo
Yes, I’m thinking the same so hopefully We’re good to go.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
@slip Have a wonderful Thanksgiving at home. :D

Will you need to get tested again when you return to Oahu?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@slip Have a wonderful Thanksgiving at home. :D

Will you need to get tested again when you return to Oahu?

That’s the strange thing about these rules. Right now no, we will not have to be test upon returning to Oahu. I’ll keep watching for changes though.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Everything went without a hitch. It’s very windy on Oahu and Molokai right now. It’s supposed to subside on Tuesday. But the breeze feels good going through the condo and the temperature is a perfect 82.

After we landed and got our luggage, the luggage is waiting right by the plane on Mokulele, as soon as you get to the door to go into the airport, there was the National Guard there to take your temperature. No one took our temp before we boarded like last time. After you had your temp taken, all you had to do was show them your QR code. They scan it and check it and said we were good. So it really didn’t add any time at the airport for us. But there were only 6 people on the plane.

My wife stayed with the luggage and I walked across the street to get our rental car from Alamo. We only have it for a day since we have our car here. The taxis have been erratic since COVID so this works the easiest and the cost is about the same. All I had to do there was go into the Safe Travels Site and show them my trip so no extra time there either.

We made it to Kaunakakai at about 10am. No street sale because of COVID so we went straight to Friendly Market and then straight to the condo. We made it here a little after 11am.

We had emailed our test results to the Office at WaveCrest so we were set to go straight to the condo when we arrived. After about six trips up and down to the car. I had everything unloaded while my wife opened up the windows and straightening everything out.

After a break or two we were getting hungry so we decided to drive to Mana’e Goods and Grindz. It about 4 miles east of WaveCrest.

We picked up some beer and snacks at the small grocery after we ordered our lunch. It wasn’t too crowded so it didn’t take long. We took the food home to enjoy there and relax.

I had the Chicken Katsu Plate and my wife had the Shrimp Burger with Hurricane Fries.

The only thing I have left to do today is hook the battery back up on the car. Our car cover was torn off from wind. I think there is only one car left with a car still on. All the others are torn off. I don’t know why we bother.

602EC26D-048E-4D5C-B0BC-63CA7A5EC37A.jpeg
70D94ACB-C1EF-4E6D-AD5E-669B695F16DD.jpeg
A6BF0103-A0A7-4314-BF9C-BAB7EFFEB3D5.jpeg
66EB2A15-172B-40B9-93F7-504A25EB2C2E.jpeg

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Glad you made it safe and sound. From the sound of it, you have this getaway thing sorted out well. Enjoy your time away!

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After a short nap, I went out and hooked up the car battery. It started right up no issues. I looked at the car cover and of course it is full water from rain and laying on the ground. I drained off as much water as I could and spread it out some to dry.

It doesn’t look ripped. The wind must have gotten under the front and eventually had enough wind to stretch the bungee cords and some of the rope I used to tie it down.

We’ll see what I decide to do before I leave. I think I’ll forgo the bungees and use more rope.

There’s about the same amount of people here at WaveCrest as there was in July. I’d say about 20% occupancy. There are 4 people that are here now that live here full time. While I was on the lanai early this afternoon, there were about 5 people down at the pool and Cabana. Smelled like someone was BBQing lunch too.

It’s so peaceful and quiet here. It’s perfect and just what we love about this place.

We have some steaks for tomorrow and my wife was getting her Ninja Air Fryer set up. We have a lot of counter space and this one a nice because it flips up and you get most of your counter back. She is going to make some Crab Rangoon’s to break it in.

2974102B-083C-44FA-B9D3-5F9195443FCA.jpeg
08492DE7-C045-4DA4-8B20-75D38B4450C9.jpeg
35D214C4-D353-4335-B9E2-BD2E28A06436.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The high winds are being clouds and a little rain. They must have gotten some rain here recently because the drainage dips in the road had water across them on our way home when we first got here. Probably about a foot of water running across the road.

The wind is moving the clouds pretty fast. I can’t even see Maui right now.

73B458E8-83CF-410B-B885-CFAA42DBB0DC.jpeg
F2CE89F8-5E4A-4ED5-BA35-0B2C1714E5E9.jpeg

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We have some steaks for tomorrow and my wife was getting her Ninja Air Fryer set up. We have a lot of counter space and this one a nice because it flips up and you get most of your counter back. She is going to make some Crab Rangoon’s to break it in.

We've been thinking of maybe getting one of those. Let me know how it works for you.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My wife had to do a test with her Ninja Air Fryer. So we had some Pizza Rolls last night. It works great. There are a lot more settings and things you can do with this one compared to our old egg shaped one. It will take some experimenting with the temperatures and times but so far so good.

I went robbed early yesterday and it was windy all night but I slept like a rock. We had a quick rain come through bu it only lasted a few minutes it it rained hard. Still very windy and it sounds like it will be that way tomorrow too.

We took the rental car back and stopped at Maka’s Corner to brings some breakfast home with us. They were very busy. I had the Corned Beef and my wife had the pancake breakfast with eggs, bacon and rice. It was all excellent and still hot when we got home.

We got home just in time to finish breakfast and I even get to watch a Packer game today. Feels good to be home.

A3618CBB-033D-4842-A0CB-0E696D343B30.jpeg
2DFA4EF6-3174-4531-BB28-1E0DBC29C3AE.jpeg
E7776E5C-029D-48B0-9E4A-74A8ADCD70AD.jpeg