• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thanksgiving Dinner in Phoenix/ Scottsdale

hipslo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying at Marriott's Canyon Villas in a few weeks during thanksgiving. Anyone have any suggestions for restaurants that do a nice thanksgiving dinner? We are two adults and two children (6 and 11). The kids are fine in any kind of restaurant. I have seen that the restaurants at the adjacent JW Marriott will all be doing thanksgiving dinner, so that would be one option.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bump

My family will also be in Scottsdale for Thanksgiving and would like a suggestion for a classic holiday meal. Thanks!

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jerseygirl, Thanks for the links. I booked Avanti in Phoenix.

mayson12

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be there as well and did a google search. For a more casual atmosphere, try Buster's at the Lake (or is it "on the Lake?). They have a Thanksgiving Buffet.

I booked the exchange months ago, so we could get away from my high-maintenance in-laws and enjoy a quiet family Thanksgiving with myself, DH and two boys. Then all of a sudden, all of the in-laws decided that Scottsdale sounded so nice, they are all planning to vacation there too. So now, instead of a nice quiet dinner in the timeshare unit, I'm scrambling for a place that can take 12 people, doesn't cost a fortune, but satisfies the high expectations of the in-laws.:doh:

Wish me luck,
Sandy

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another suggestion is to have your own Thanksgiving. We were in Sedona during the holiday and picked up a complete Thanksgiving dinner from Safeway. I'm sure there are other vendors doing the same thing in Phoenix. It was very nice and like being at home. Plus we had good leftovers for a couple of days.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent suggestion. There are many stores and they all seem to offer some sort of Thanksgiving dinner (for example, Safeway): 10-12 lb turkey; 2 lbs stuffing; 3 lbs creamy mashed potatoes; 24 oz turkey gravy; 15 oz cranberry sauce; 12 dinner rolls and an 8 inch pumpkin pie for $40. Safeway also offers Spiral Ham or Prime Rib for more $$$. Just re-heat and serve!:)

hipslo

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the suggestions. just booked at rawhide western town. sounds kitschy as all get-out but I think the kids will like it. the town seems like a fun place for them to spend a few hours on thanksgiving day before dinner, too.

kcirbodmot

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the suggestions. just booked at rawhide western town. sounds kitschy as all get-out but I think the kids will like it. the town seems like a fun place for them to spend a few hours on thanksgiving day before dinner, too.

Along that same theme, here are 2 additional suggestions that are fairly close to Rawhide (but I do not know whether or not either are available on Thanksgiving Day):

Horseback riding at South Mountain Stables - including the optional cookout and steak dinner rides. See http://arizona-horses.com/ We have ridden several times with them, including on New Year's morning several years ago, and have enjoyed oourselves every time.

Rustler's Rooste Restaurant - see http://www.rustlersrooste.com/ We've never been there, but do intend to go some time.

Tom

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can second the Rustler's Rooste. It's kind of an upscale dude dining spot. It's where I ate my first rattlesnake appetizer (I don't think it tasted like chicken but, I had a lot of ranch dressing on it!):ignore:

kcirbodmot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent suggestion. There are many stores and they all seem to offer some sort of Thanksgiving dinner (for example, Safeway): 10-12 lb turkey; 2 lbs stuffing; 3 lbs creamy mashed potatoes; 24 oz turkey gravy; 15 oz cranberry sauce; 12 dinner rolls and an 8 inch pumpkin pie for $40. Safeway also offers Spiral Ham or Prime Rib for more $$$. Just re-heat and serve!:)

At most (if not all) grocers', these meals must be pre-ordered, and the deadline is tomorrow (duh). The deadline at upscale AJ's Fine Foods was last week.