• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thanks, I'll miss you [ Boston Red Sox]

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to Wake and Tek of the Boston Red Sox. Both retired this year, and I'll miss them. Two of my favorite players on the field and in life. :clap:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to Wake and Tek of the Boston Red Sox. Both retired this year, and I'll miss them. Two of my favorite players on the field and in life. :clap:

Wasn't there a previous thread about these two last week? Wow, they must have been pretty popular players.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
I'm right there with you cissy. Tim Wakefield was the reason the Sox won the World Series in '04. Tek was a good player, but will likely be missed most in the clubhouse.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We New Englanders don't do well with change. But let's face it, after Sept collapse, we need it! And I've heard rumor that Wake and/or Capt will stick around in an alternate capacity.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Wake leaving makes me very sad, but I'm just sick over Varitek. It's time, no doubt, maybe even past time, because he just doesn't have the same strength or endurance to play his position every day. And probably he was on the wrong side of whatever went on in that clubhouse last year that contributed to that sad, epic collapse. But Tek's been my favorite player for years now and watching the RedSox is going to be different. These two have been around for so long, and both had the same work ethic that made them leave everything on the field.

The one good thing is that the RedSox organization has a storied tradition of former players staying active in the community, whether it's through the various charities or moving into front office positions. Wake and Tek both say they'll be joining the long list of players who feel an obligation to the fans who supported them through their playing years, so at least they're not walking off into the sunset never to be seen again. But it's still sad, very very sad. :(

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big Red Sox fan, but...

Tim Wakefield was the reason the Sox won the World Series in '04.

Most people would certainly instead say that Pedro Martinez (...not Tim Wakefield) was the pitcher most responsible for the BoSox winning the World Series in '04. Moreover, many would even say (...and, in fact, many have said repeatedly) that Tim Wakefield has very consistently lacked "big game" reliability.

All that aside, however, both Wakefield and Varitek have always conducted themselves with class and dignity throughout their careers. In view of some of the abhorrent behavior exhibited by many professional athletes today, that accomplisment in and of itself is certainly worthy of respect and acknowledgement;
I wish them both well.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As a major Yankee fan I respect both those players as true competitors.

One person I don't respect is Bobby Valentine at all. Good manager yes, but a guy with character like Terry Francona, definitely not.

ctscribe

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as Bobby Valentine is the manager of the Red Sox...I will take a temporary leave of lifetime staus as a Red Sox fan. Go Bridgeport Bluefish.:mad:

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Wake leaving makes me very sad, but I'm just sick over Varitek. It's time, no doubt, maybe even past time, because he just doesn't have the same strength or endurance to play his position every day. And probably he was on the wrong side of whatever went on in that clubhouse last year that contributed to that sad, epic collapse. But Tek's been my favorite player for years now and watching the RedSox is going to be different. These two have been around for so long, and both had the same work ethic that made them leave everything on the field.

The one good thing is that the RedSox organization has a storied tradition of former players staying active in the community, whether it's through the various charities or moving into front office positions. Wake and Tek both say they'll be joining the long list of players who feel an obligation to the fans who supported them through their playing years, so at least they're not walking off into the sunset never to be seen again. But it's still sad, very very sad. :(

DITTO!!! The game just won't be the same ~ will miss them both. :(

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Most people would certainly instead say that Pedro Martinez (...not Tim Wakefield) was the pitcher most responsible for the BoSox winning the World Series in '04. Moreover, many would even say (...and, in fact, many have said repeatedly) that Tim Wakefield has very consistently lacked "big game" reliability.

Here's why I believe that Wake won the '04 WS. Game 3 of the ALCS was the pivotal game. If he didn't step up and sacrifice himself to pitch 3.1 innings, the Sox would not have been able to keep up in Game 4 or Game 5 with the bullpen, in those extra inning games.

He may not have been the winning pitcher, or may not have even kept the Yankees from scoring, but he made it so others could rest and be ready later on in the series. Without that, they would have lost the series.