• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thank You!

Wingo99

Reaction score
I found this forum after my wife and I (foolishly) signed up for a blue green membership a few days ago. The klaxons and red flags were all over the place and I never jump into things like this, but boy the sales folks are slick.

I found the thread on rescinding and followed the information here and mailed it out today. I feel great! Still a little nervous I forgot something, but should be ok. My wife and I both signed the letter, included the contract number, was very clear I wanted to rescind the contract, and to get my deposit back. We are within the 10 days provided in Florida. I sent it out usps overnight delivery, signature required, and with a return receipt request. I know it didn't need to be overnighted, but felt better about it for some reason. If anyone sees something I missed, I'd appreciate you letting me know.

Again thank you, I had to register for this site to say that!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Welcome to TUG!

Wingo99

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG!
Thank you. I see a lot of good things here. I don't think timeshares are all bad if you know what your doing and do the research ahead of time. The very little time they gave my wife and I to talk alone together isn't enough. Like I said, they're slick!!

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good thing you you found TUG. What resort/city where you at ? I suspect Orlando Fountains. I can help you with all things blue green if you have any questions. Al

Wingo99

Reaction score
Good thing you you found TUG. What resort/city where you at ? I suspect Orlando Fountains. I can help you with all things blue green if you have any questions. Al
We signed up at the Tradewinds Resort in St Pete. I don't hate on the concept of timeshares, but after the meeting I did some fact checking on what we were told. I found a lot of half truths the salesman told us that made me pretty angry. Finding this site made me feel a lot better so I could enjoy the rest of our vacation.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great resort we where there over presidents day week. Love it there. Dont feel to bad about the sales weasels we wont ever do an update there !!

Wingo99

Reaction score
Great resort we where there over presidents day week. Love it there. Dont feel to bad about the sales weasels we wont ever do an update there !!
It was very nice, we didn't stay there though. They put us up at Zamora a few blocks away. That was nice too, though I got tired of Valet parking only. We had a great time though, uneducated decisions aside.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you ever whant to stay there message me through TUG and i can make it happen. AL

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Good for you.
The Bluegreen Vacation Club points system is very user friendly and a great ownership but buying resale is the way to go. There are some restrictions but once you understand what they are the system is easy to use. Do some more reading and ask questions here.

I just spent 6 weeks at la cabana in aruba for the Maint fee of $3600.
I am very happy with my ownership.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent it out usps overnight delivery, signature required, and with a return receipt request. I know it didn't need to be overnighted, but felt better about it for some reason. If anyone sees something I missed, I'd appreciate you letting me know.

Does USPS "overnight delivery" provide a hard copy, USPS counter-issued proof of postmark date? I frankly don't know. :shrug:

If so, then you're just fine and done. If not however, then do it all over again using certified mail this time, which will provide a USPS counter-issued and date stamped receipt proving postmark date.

Remember, subsequent date of delivery and / or signature and / or acceptance matters not at all. All that ultimately matters is the postmark date of your rescission correspondence and USPS certified mail provides you with date stamped proof of your compliance with the applicable state law rescission period.

Wingo99

Reaction score
Does USPS "overnight delivery" provide a hard copy, USPS counter-issued proof of postmark date? I frankly don't know. :shrug:

If so, then you're just fine and done. If not however, then do it all over again using certified mail this time, which will provide a USPS counter-issued and date stamped receipt proving postmark date.

Remember, subsequent date of delivery and / or signature and / or acceptance matters not at all. All that ultimately matters is the postmark date of your rescission correspondence and USPS certified mail provides you with date stamped proof of your compliance with the applicable state law rescission period.
Yea, I had got to thinking that what I did technically wasn't certified mail and sent another today certified with return receipt. But the overnight package did give me a tracking hard copy receipt as well from the counter. The contract didn't specifically say it HAS to be certified, it says it can be sent in any way including certified, return receipt. But I wasn't about to take chances, thus the second letter today. My 10 days are still in effect until tomorrow. 7 dollars well spent for peace of mind, shoot some folks spend nearly that on one "coffee".

But I did get notified at noon today that the first letter was delivered in less than 24 hrs and I was sent an email from usps with a copy of the signature from someone there. Pretty good bargain really by usps all things considered, 25 dollars from rural MN to southern Florida.

I'm pretty certain I'm in the clear, but won't fully feel right until I get some confirmation. I'll update this with my results.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good move to rescind. Chances are what you paid thousands of dollars for can be purchased on the resale market for just a few pennies on the dollar.

Be patient with your receiving your refund. They don't have to acknowledge receipt, but they do have to act on it. It may take as long as 45 days. Keep in mind that Bluegreen may try and call you to talk you out of it, so ignore their calls or just say NO. Stand firm with your right to rescind.

Welcome to TUG.

Wingo99

Reaction score
Good move to rescind. Chances are what you paid thousands of dollars for can be purchased on the resale market for just a few pennies on the dollar.

Be patient with your receiving your refund. They don't have to acknowledge receipt, but they do have to act on it. It may take as long as 45 days. Keep in mind that Bluegreen may try and call you to talk you out of it, so ignore their calls or just say NO. Stand firm with your right to rescind.

Welcome to TUG.

Standing firm won't be a problem. To quote the great George W Bush, fool me once........shame........shame on you, ..................fool me can't be fooled again! I love that quote, I'm sorry, I just had to.

Wingo99

Reaction score
I have a follow up question. It would appear my recission worked, we never got our members packet in the mail we would have got by now, but I still have not received my money back. They accepted the letter on March 4th, and my backup letter a few days after that and I have proof of both. I know about the 45 day rule, but is it actual law? I'm coming up fast on 45 days and still nothing. I did not pay with a credit card, rather a check that was cashed quickly. I wonder if that may be the delay, or something else.
I've read others that rescinded bluegreen and got their money back within a couple weeks. I'm not super concerned, but I would like the refund sooner than later. If anybody has any tips I would appreciate it. Thank you.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I have a follow up question. It would appear my recission worked, we never got our members packet in the mail we would have got by now, but I still have not received my money back. They accepted the letter on March 4th, and my backup letter a few days after that and I have proof of both. I know about the 45 day rule, but is it actual law? I'm coming up fast on 45 days and still nothing. I did not pay with a credit card, rather a check that was cashed quickly. I wonder if that may be the delay, or something else.
I've read others that rescinded bluegreen and got their money back within a couple weeks. I'm not super concerned, but I would like the refund sooner than later. If anybody has any tips I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Everyone I know pays by CC. No cash experience. If it says 45 days wait until then and then call and demand your money.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you. I see a lot of good things here. I don't think timeshares are all bad if you know what your doing and do the research ahead of time. The very little time they gave my wife and I to talk alone together isn't enough. Like I said, they're slick!!
That is the goal and why they market the way they do. They know if you do the research, most often you would not buy the product, at least not from them.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect paying by check is slowing things down. They need to write and approve a check for the refund. Not as easy as just refunding a CC transaction.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I'd be calling or writing their business office. Enough time has passed and you can easily show a cleared check. All the best!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

My guess is that you will receive a full refund by April 20th, 2021.

If you don't receive it then make Xerox copies of all your documentation (including your Postmarked mailing receipt which should contain your tracking number) and send it along the Consumer Protection Division of the Atty. General's Office in the State in which you reside.

Assuming all things are correctly in order (i.e Postmarked rescission date) then they should run with the ball and force a refund to be issued. After all, it is State law and not issuing a refund is a violation of said State law.

Keep us all posted.

Wingo99

Reaction score
I'll give them the 45 and take it from there. Thank you all for the replies, I'll let you know what happens.