• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thank You TUG!

WWTX

Reaction score
Just signed a purchase contract on my first timeshare (resale) at Boulevard. It's 7,000 points annually for a 3-bedroom PH during gold season for $2,000. While I would've preferred a platinum season... beggars can't be choosers. Based on the contract information, the 2021 AF didn't seem too egregious at $1,140. Fingers crossed that ROFR will not be exercised. My broker was thru Judi's office and it has been seamless thus far.

I think 7,000 points will be plenty for just myself & my partner. We're both flexible on dates so we're excited to start doing more vacations in the future. :whooopie:

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum. I nearly got conned into purchasing a 4,800 EOY for close to $14K from HGVC direct. Thankfully, I said no and found Tug. I've been reading/searching thru this forum practically weekly for the past 6 months and I feel pretty comfortable with the timesharing game now... all thanks to you guys!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just signed a purchase contract on my first timeshare (resale) at Boulevard. It's 7,000 points annually for a 3-bedroom PH during gold season for $2,000. While I would've preferred a platinum season... beggars can't be choosers. Based on the contract information, the 2021 AF didn't seem too egregious at $1,140. Fingers crossed that ROFR will not be exercised. My broker was thru Judi's office and it has been seamless thus far.

I think 7,000 points will be plenty for just myself & my partner. We're both flexible on dates so we're excited to start doing more vacations in the future. :whooopie:

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum. I nearly got conned into purchasing a 4,800 EOY for close to $14K from HGVC direct. Thankfully, I said no and found Tug. I've been reading/searching thru this forum practically weekly for the past 6 months and I feel pretty comfortable with the timesharing game now... all thanks to you guys!

Welcome to TUG and enjoy the knowledge.

Do give some thought as to becoming a member for just $15. Scroll up above to the blue bar and click on "Support TUG" and join us.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Welcome and congratulations on your first Timeshare!

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Congrats and welcome to HGVC!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Congrats on your purchase. The original purchaser probably paid $30K plus for your week that you got for $2K.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I like that deal.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and Welcome to TUG!

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
Congrats on your purchase. The original purchaser probably paid $30K plus for your week that you got for $2K.

Indeed, at least $30k ($30k = $4.28/point). Even the silver/gold rescinded in this example is nearly $6/pt ($14,000 / 4800 / 2 for EOY)...I'd bet originally was $40-$45k.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Indeed, at least $30k ($30k = $4.28/point). Even the silver/gold rescinded in this example is nearly $6/pt ($14,000 / 4800 / 2 for EOY)...I'd bet originally was $40-$45k.

The two deeds that I just picked up were originally $5.34/point in 2013 and $7.48 in 2016. I paid $.75/pt and $.79/pt, respectively.

phil1ben

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought my single resale timeshare in 2010 paying a hair below $1.00/point. We enjoy it very much and use all our points each year. However, I did buy in South Beach which has very high maintenance fees. Have used my home week only once and probably will not use Homeweek again. We do go to South Beach about three times per year for 3-4 days.

My son learned from this error and just passed ROFR on his first timeshare in Las Vegas on the Boulevard. 7000 point platinum package 2 bedroom annual for $2,500.00. Maintenance fees are $904.23 plus Club Dues. This is a good time to buy resale. Both sales were through Judi Kozlowski. Closing in a few weeks.

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
$2500 for 7k plat in Vegas (ex trump tower cause MF) is legit awesome deal, congrats to your son!

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought my single resale timeshare in 2010 paying a hair below $1.00/point. We enjoy it very much and use all our points each year. However, I did buy in South Beach which has very high maintenance fees. Have used my home week only once and probably will not use Homeweek again. We do go to South Beach about three times per year for 3-4 days.

My son learned from this error and just passed ROFR on his first timeshare in Las Vegas on the Boulevard. 7000 point platinum package 2 bedroom annual for $2,500.00. Maintenance fees are $904.23 plus Club Dues. This is a good time to buy resale. Both sales were through Judi Kozlowski. Closing in a few weeks.
In addition to sales of $2500, what were your closing costs, if you don't mind sharing?

phil1ben

TUG Member
Reaction score
Closing Costs:

Resort Transfer Fee - $429.00
Reimburse Seller for 2021 Maintenance Fees because Buyer has full use of them
Estoppel - $158.00 split between Buyer and Seller
Activation Fee - $617.00
Closing Fee and Title Insurance - $300.00 - yes we are buying a title insurance policy.

fcrawford

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Blvd
Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
Wyndham Grand Desert
Wyndham Orlando International
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
The Berkley, Las Vegas
Congratulations and Welcome to TUG. You are certainly in the right place.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Closing Costs:

Resort Transfer Fee - $429.00
Reimburse Seller for 2021 Maintenance Fees because Buyer has full use of them
Estoppel - $158.00 split between Buyer and Seller
Activation Fee - $617.00
Closing Fee and Title Insurance - $300.00 - yes we are buying a title insurance policy.
I think that's great. I paid $1400 for EOY 7000 points and no additional closing costs, but my MF are quite a bit higher around $1400.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Rescind and buy resale......oh wait never mind you did it the right way! I wish I could say the same for my first purchase.. welcome to TUG and congrats on saving thousands.