• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thank you TUG - rescission successful

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congratulations! Stick around and read up here how to buy resale. You can get the same thing for pennies on the dollar.

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
so very happy you found us in Time to rescind and save nearly 20 grand!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Stick around and read up here how to buy resale. You can get the same thing for pennies on the dollar.

Dave
Rent from a vip and try out product before you purchase.

Pjdani07

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Help! Purchased into Wydham WCA (Trust) in March 2019; used it for the first time and was told that my maintenance fees were going to be a huge burden for us and our children later on as they tend to go up 7-17% yearly! They basically said that we were played pretty bad on our purchase and that we should get a deed instead, as we would be paying about the same amount and our fees would go up only about 1-2%. (And our kids would be able to sell the equity later if they wanted). From reading the posts on this site it appears I may have time to cancel. Please advise... Did I make the wrong decision and if I do cancel will my first purchase go back to the way it was?? Thanks!!!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Help! Purchased into Wydham WCA (Trust) in March 2019; used it for the first time and was told that my maintenance fees were going to be a huge burden for us and our children later on as they tend to go up 7-17% yearly! They basically said that we were played pretty bad on our purchase and that we should get a deed instead, as we would be paying about the same amount and our fees would go up only about 1-2%. (And our kids would be able to sell the equity later if they wanted). From reading the posts on this site it appears I may have time to cancel. Please advise... Did I make the wrong decision and if I do cancel will my first purchase go back to the way it was?? Thanks!!!
Sell the equity? That is another lie. Mosts deeds are selling for next to nothing or are given away for free.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

You should rescind. CWA isn’t that bad MF at $6.5MF/1k. Only deeded resorts worth getting (resale) are Canterbury, Bali hai, Natl Harbor, Panama City, Grand Desert, wakaki, Ocean Blvd, and Clearwater, all of which can be bought resale for $300 (Clearwater) to $1,200 (Canterbury) per 100k EY pts. I am attaching the MF chart.

With rescission, Your first purchase goes back to the same way it was. I have attached rescission instructions. How much would the rescission save you?

Attachments

• BC46DFB5-3C23-412E-9D52-893EFC6DC2C2.jpeg
    BC46DFB5-3C23-412E-9D52-893EFC6DC2C2.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 34
  • 514F6C8C-6FA1-404B-9CC3-7099587FB1D7.jpeg
    514F6C8C-6FA1-404B-9CC3-7099587FB1D7.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

If you purchased last March it is too late to cancel. I own CWA also. It does not go up 7 - 17 % per year. The sales weasels are just trying to scare you into buying more points a high prices. If you owned a deeded week. They would be saying the same thing in reverse. They would tell you the your deeded week would be going up 7 - 17% per year and you should buy CWA that only goes up 1 - 2 %. Neither is true. CWA went up about 5 percent last year which was one of the largest increases since I bought it, 8 years ago.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You are referring to a first purchase. Too late to rescind on a March purchase (assuming that is the first purchase). If you just made an additional purchase and can rescind, be sure to do so.
As far as what you are committed too, stick around and learn to use it. You will enjoy it. Stop worrying about burdening your kids, as long as they aren't on the deeds now, they are under no obligation to own it. They can choose to, or they can refuse the inheritance. So you aren't burdening them with anything. They'll have a choice, they may want it, not may not.
Best of luck to you!

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! Glad to hear you found TUG/Welcome to TUG.