• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

THANK YOU TUG - Dodging the Westgate Bullet

GooseVR1

Reaction score
I've already posted this to the "Buying Selling Renting" thread, but after reading additional posts at TUG, just want to express my thanks to everyone who has contributed - there is a lot of intel on this sight and it really helps. :)

Like many before me (and many more after me) I attended the high-stakes sales pitch, in this case from Westgate Park City (yesterday). Two free lift tickets were on the line, and I had forgotten how painful my last "seminar" was with a marketer. Hours later, I was half-way into the buying process when it became time to catch a flight home and I left the resort - without having signed a contract or deed (or anything that the closing officers/notary) provided. Being half-way into the process, I did sign a "proposal review document" and a "1BR Type A Floor Plan." I saw the Property Report and the Receipt of Property Report document, but didn't manage to sign either one.

Westgate was touting a "Developer's First Time Incentive" program - and with the offer of 10 "Getaways" I thought I would rent those out and cover some of my costs (now I know it's probably unlikely to land availability). I've also come to realize (from TUG and Google) that Westgate is a horrific company to deal with or be associated with. It's a true shame, since Park City really is really nice and the allure of being able to exchange that timeshare for other vacation spots a good idea.

I'm assuming that since I haven't actually signed "the official document" Westgate will be mailing (they said they would yesterday) them to me for signature.

I'm thinking if I just write back saying "no" in addition to sending it to their cancellation address (which I think is Westgate Resorts at 2801 Professional Parkway Ocoee, FL 34761) as well, I'll be free and clear?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A few thoughts...

<snip> Westgate was touting a "Developer's First Time Incentive" program - and with the offer of 10 "Getaways" I thought I would rent those out and cover some of my costs (now I know it's probably unlikely to land availability). <snip>

Also, fwiw, renting out Getaway weeks is a practice which is overtly prohibited by the exchange company anyhow...

I'm thinking if I just write back saying "no" in addition to sending it to their cancellation address (which I think is Westgate Resorts at 2801 Professional Parkway Ocoee, FL 34761) as well, I'll be free and clear?

I would recommend sending the signed cancellation letter (forthwith, without delay) to multiple locations:

1. The sales office of the specific Park City resort at which the "presentation" was actually physically conducted, and...

2. The "Wastegate" corporate headquarters offices (I don't know the address, but you got that FL address somewhere, so that may well be it).

Remember, state law provides you with the legal right to rescind (cancel) your developer purchase. It is not an act of benevolence by the developer, nor does the developer have any option to not recognize and implement its' terms. That said, it is absolutely imperative that you meet that particular states' rescission deadline. I don't know what the Utah time period is; in a few states it's as few as 3 days. In Florida it's 10, in most states it's 5-7 days. In any case, do it now!

Last edited: