• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

thank you and reply

babu

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you to timeos2 and bill4728 and alan cole and john and laurie.

it helped to hear you discuss points. we did not buy, thank god.

john and laurie,
the reason for the 189,000 pts for $5000 was simply to get a us to buy the 154,000 pts at $20,000.

when we backed out of the contract 189,000pts were definitely NOT something we couldbuy from them. the sales rep said they were points from someone old within fairfield.

that'sit and THANK YOU!

babu

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
babu said:
the sales rep said they were points from someone old within fairfield. that'sit and THANK YOU! babu
That's BS but that's what you get from a TS salesman.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
You're Welcome, But The Credit Really Goes To TUG.

I have absorbed so much more useful, fun, & money-saving information from TUG than I have been able to give back in return that it is specially heart-warming to hear back from anybody saying that anything I contributed on TUG turned out to be helpful. So thanks for the thank-you.

After our initial exposure to timesharing, our view -- The Chief Of Staff's & mine -- was not so much that full-freight developer-price timeshares were a bad deal. Rather, we felt that nice as those costly timeshares might be, we just didn't care to put that much money into 1 & would not be able to enjoy it knowing we had paid so much.

So when the blinders came off our eyes (figuratively speaking) & we caught on to the availability of "used" (resale) timeshares as exactly the same thing as those expensive "new" 1s, we were eager to get into timesharing on a low-cost, guilt-free basis.

That is to say, it's not so much that we can't afford a full-freight timeshare (we can) as that we're unwilling to pay lots of money for a timeshare. That being the case, when the only timeshares we knew about were full-freight developer-price timeshares, we were content to do without, vacationing at Motel 6 & Super 8 instead.

So when it turned out we could enjoy luxury vacation accommodations at Motel 6 & Super 8 prices, via timeshare resales, we jumped right in.

For helping lots of folks catch on to the enjoyment of affordable timesharing, hats off to TUG.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.