• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thailand -- Phuket to Chiang Mai direct flight?

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there an airline where you can fly from Phuket directly to Chiang Mai without going back to Bangkok first?

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thai Airways is the only one that will do it. Going to see the elephants? I hope to do that on a future trip.

They also have package deals where you can get round trip transportation from a hotel in Bangkok to Chiang Mai via train, and 2 days at the elephant preserve, with room, for $199.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking that you might have to go to Chiang Mai before you go to Phuket. I know that Thai has a nonstop flight from Chiang Mai to Phuket, but I don't know if they have one going the other way. So, if you flew USA-Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Phuket-Bangkok-USA, that's probably your best schedule.

SharonD

TUG Member
Reaction score
You'd probably want to go to Phuket last anyway if at all possible... just got back from the Marriott there and it is sooooo relaxing and wonderful. It's a great way to end your trip after more "active" exploring in other parts of the country (we spent a week in Bangkok first, hope to go to Chang Mai next time as well).

BTW, lots of great Thailand advice on the Asia Discussion board of fodors.com.

I'm just back for a week and still not over "yearning for Thailand." Already planning the return trip. Have a great time!

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you all but we have two problems: one we are also going to Cambodia for 4 nights and also taking the Orient Express. Soooo, we have to land in Singapore for 3 nights (by choice) then take OE to Bangkok. Reason is that OE doesn't run the one day we need it to go opposite direction. Our itinerary looks like it will be fly to Singapore 3 nights, OE 2 nights, Phuket for 7 nights, Chiang Mai, 3 nights, Chiang Rai 2 nights, Seam Reap 3 nights then fly to Singapore home. Anyone see a problem with that as we haven't signed on the dotted line yet. BTW, Singapore Airlines has a direct nonstop - that is why the agent is leaning this way.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
No problem, other than as Hoc suggested, I believe you won't find a nonstop from Phuket to Chiang Mai.

SharonD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so jealous!

Cathy, your itinerary sounds wonderful! BTW, on the Fodor's discussion board the group has a recommendation for a guide at Siam Reap. She was a former school teacher and also assists tourists with giving school uniforms to help kids afford school -- a good way to give back in a very poor country. In one case she also arranged a visit to the school. She sounds wonderful. Might be worth looking at if you need a guide.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sharon: do you have the url for Fodor's discussion board? Thank you and everyone for the wonderful ideas.