• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Texas being Texas

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
What is happening in NY (Catskills), PA(Pcoconos) and here in NH (Lakes Region and White Mountains) is the people with second homes are coming up from the urban. very densely populated areas and they also are shopping in the stores which are already stressed for supplies. Again another way to spread the virus across state lines.

I guess also the same in Florida and other states as well.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
What is happening in NY (Catskills), PA(Pcoconos) and here in NH (Lakes Region and White Mountains) is the people with second homes are coming up from the urban. very densely populated areas and they also are shopping in the stores which are already stressed for supplies. Again another way to spread the virus across state lines.

I guess also the same in Florida and other states as well.
Too much movement! It's such a mess between states and cities. In other countries, except Brazil, the leaders have been clear that lockdown and quarantine are the priority, not full churches and resurgent economy at Easter. Things can only get worse as a result in USA.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Too much movement! It's such a mess between states and cities. In other countries, except Brazil, the leaders have been clear that lockdown and quarantine are the priority, not full churches and resurgent economy at Easter. Things can only get worse as a result in USA.

Yesterday's WHO numbers !
d548f7279eb2b47a9be36b8705063535.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, many people here have second home/cabin Upstate NY or a house at the Jersey Shore. Gov. Murphy told NYers if you own a house at the shore, please do not come.

Do people do what was asked?

My sister works for the public school - Upstate - they prepare meals for the families to pick up. I asked her, how does it work? How do you know who needs it, how many? She said, no questions asked. You don't know. They need to go by the honor system......... I hope people do not take advantage during these difficult times but again, not everyone is a 100% rule follower.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Yes, many people here have second home/cabin Upstate NY or a house at the Jersey Shore. Gov. Murphy told NYers if you own a house at the shore, please do not come.

Do people do what was asked?

My sister works for the public school - Upstate - they prepare meals for the families to pick up. I asked her, how does it work? How do you know who needs it, how many? She said, no questions asked. You don't know. They need to go by the honor system......... I hope people do not take advantage during these difficult times but again, not everyone is a 100% rule follower.
The Federal Govt is providing the funding for school meals. Our principal explained this is for all families who have children ages 2-18. It’s not coming out of their budget which is important in many of our parents eyes.(my area is considered mid to upper middle class, we pay for resources that other districts give freely or is deemed non essential, Art/music.). Children must be present. I try to take my crew of 5 at least 3x week depending on my work schedule. I am thankful for the lunches.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Federal Govt is providing the funding for school meals. Our principal explained this is for all families who have children ages 2-18. It’s not coming out of their budget which is important in many of our parents eyes.(my area is considered mid to upper middle class, we pay for resources that other districts give freely or is deemed non essential, Art/music.). Children must be present. I try to take my crew of 5 at least 3x week depending on my work schedule. I am thankful for the lunches.

I am very grateful too for the services provided - very important they are fed.

I also hope and pray there are no children in homes that are emotionally or physically abusive :(. So much to think about.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
So, in the above scenerio, you feel Tiny Town, population 500 people, no cases of COVID-19, should have to SIP just in case a Big City dweller comes into their town?
Yes, absolutely. I can't believe how many, seemingly educated, people just don't get it. :wall:

Kurt

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. I can't believe how many, seemingly educated, people just don't get it. :wall:

Kurt
Kurt, this is an example of what I will refer to as 'unnecessary name-calling" towards a person who does not share your opinion. The insertion of the words "seemingly uneducated" does not add any value to your statement.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

They dont have constitutional protections like we do in America. For Now!!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
They don't have constitutional protections like we do in America. For Now!!

...Until our dear SC applies a balancing test to the "right of the people to peaceably assemble" and adds, "except when outweighed by an imminent existential threat."

Last edited:

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They dont have constitutional protections like we do in America. For Now!!
Thank God. Perhaps time for USA to evaluate why constitutional protections of other countries seem to work so much better?

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
We have been through several hurricanes while living on the Texas Gulf Coast near Houston. There is a corona virus testing center now present across the street by a high school football stadium. We have had no interruptions in our electricity, water supply, or trash collection. There has been no flooding, destruction of property, or evacuation. Look at all our blessings.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Thank God. Perhaps time for USA to evaluate why constitutional protections of other countries seem to work so much better?

Say what????

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Absolutely amazes me how many pure idiots can get elected!

Brett

Reaction score
We have been through several hurricanes while living on the Texas Gulf Coast near Houston. There is a corona virus testing center now present across the street by a high school football stadium. We have had no interruptions in our electricity, water supply, or trash collection. There has been no flooding, destruction of property, or evacuation. Look at all our blessings.

same here in hurricane prone southeast Virginia and North Carolina,
there has been no flooding or destruction of property. -- and no interruptions of electricity or water

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Absolutely amazes me how many pure idiots can get elected!

I like how generic your statement is, so to avoid politics.
The Answer:
It's becuz we like electing peep who look like us and can
walk and chew gum at the same time. IOW, our betters.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Go Texas! Now stopping all road arrivals from LA to 14 day quarantine and checking them at home More places doing this every day... I agree with this.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Show me your papers! Blatantly unconstitutional.
Are they violating a law which justifies a stop?
But who wants to be the test case?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Kurt, this is an example of what I will refer to as 'unnecessary name-calling" towards a person who does not share your opinion. The insertion of the words "seemingly uneducated" does not add any value to your statement.

You might want to re-read that. He said “seemingly educated”.

Harry

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Texas needs to put up a police road block on I40 to stop the virus invasion

Sorry. As noble their intent may be...
They can't stop someone based on their address.
At least not until the Supremes rewrite the Constitution.

However, they could always just tear up the road.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Sorry. As noble their intent may be...
They can't stop someone based on their address.
At least not until the Supremes rewrite the Constitution.

However, they could always just tear up the road.

Just like mayor Daley did with Meigs Field stranding planes at the airport.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dr. Fauci says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans will die from this. It doesn't sound like a patriotic 'boost the economy' thing to me. Any volunteers?