• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Terminating Wyndham account

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Cyprus Palms, Destin, Lakeridge, Orlando
Well, after some consideration and frustration with Wyndham, I have to pay attorneys to get out of my Club Wyndham Access contracts. I have been a Wyndham member for the past 7 years and was enjoying my vacations, right up to the point being sold on Club Wyndham Access (CWA), which really isn't a club and doesn't provide access. The promise was, 'VIP' club membership (priority service), Advanced Priority Reservations (greater availabilty) and access to Worldmark properties. As I was approaching Platinum level, I fell for it. They sold me 461K points for $65K and a month later told me I needed another 105K points for $14K. Between mortgage payments and maintenance fees, I was spending $2K per month for a service that provided nothing above what I had when I owned 105K. Then, they changed the website in January, providing fewer options, no visibility on points use, no means of verifying balance due and directed me to a 'VIP' telephone line, where I waited 40-50 minutes on hold to discover what I wanted wasn't available. This action will cost me all 2 million points (from Wyndham and secondary market) but will save me $23K per year.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck getting out. If you owe them money on your purchases, it won't be easy.

George

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We don't think ANY attorneys have any magic words or pixie dust to miraculously make a valid contract just 'go away'. The fact that you had the legally required rescission period in which to terminate the contract with no cost will show that you just didn't do your due diligence. I'm sorry their program didn't work for you, but don't see any request for how you are hoping TUG can help you out of a situation of your own doing. Had you posted here while (or even within 10 days) of making this purchase, you would have received excellent and truthful counsel to just not do it. As it is, all we can suggest is that our experience is that paying an upfront fee to any entity to cancel your contract is unlikely to get the job done and 99.99% likely to just cost you more money, leaving you with the ownership.

We wish you well, and Good Luck!

Jim

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We don't think ANY attorneys have any magic words or pixie dust to miraculously make a valid contract just 'go away'. The fact that you had the legally required rescission period in which to terminate the contract with no cost will show that you just didn't do your due diligence. I'm sorry their program didn't work for you, but don't see any request for how you are hoping TUG can help you out of a situation of your own doing. Had you posted here while (or even within 10 days) of making this purchase, you would have received excellent and truthful counsel to just not do it. As it is, all we can suggest is that our experience is that paying an upfront fee to any entity to cancel your contract is unlikely to get the job done and 99.99% likely to just cost you more money, leaving you with the ownership.

We wish you well, and Good Luck!

Jim
I got to TUGs too late. Having been an owner, I trusted Wyndham’s truthfulness. However, none of what they promised, with regard to CWA, has been truthful. They made it worse by changing everything after the fact. So,it is fraud, which requires lawyers, on retainer, to address. My fault and my cost to resolve.

Thanks

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got to TUGs too late. Having been an owner, I trusted Wyndham’s truthfulness. However, none of what they promised, with regard to CWA, has been truthful. They made it worse by changing everything after the fact. So,it is fraud, which requires lawyers, on retainer, to address. My fault and my cost to resolve.

Thanks
Proving fraud when they have a signed contract can amount to a "he-said- he said" kind of thing, unless you have something in writing that differs from the contract. We wish you all the luck in the world and hope you can get this resolved. We have preached for years (decades?) that salesweasels lie! And that the only way you can tell is to watch their lips. If they are moving, the salesweasel is lying.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Proving fraud when they have a signed contract can amount to a "he-said- he said" kind of thing, unless you have something in writing that differs from the contract. We wish you all the luck in the world and hope you can get this resolved. We have preached for years (decades?) that salesweasels lie! And that the only way you can tell is to watch their lips. If they are moving, the salesweasel is lying.

Agree to fraud isn't an easy case. However, I have the documentation and the fact that they changed the program, which eliminated any of the 'VIP', 'priority access' and other benefits agreed to in the contract. Again, Wyndham was good until they got me into CWA.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Agree to fraud isn't an easy case. However, I have the documentation and the fact that they changed the program, which eliminated any of the 'VIP', 'priority access' and other benefits agreed to in the contract. Again, Wyndham was good until they got me into CWA.
I hope you have a really good attorney working on this, one that has a well proven track record of winning against the timeshare companies. The fact that you say 'retainer' suggests that you'll be paying as you go, be aware that this could go for years!!! Timeshare companies don't take these challenges lightly and they can't afford to 'settle' as it would set a very bad precedent. I don't want to bad mouth attorneys (I have 2 in the family), but I know from my own experiences that 1.they can't promise you a win and 2.their hourly rate can rack up a sizable bill. And, again, unless you have an attorney with a long standing track record of winning against timeshare companies, you will be on the hook for that sizable bill. I wish you luck. We all wish you luck. When you win, please share the name of the attorney!!!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
OP: the chances of you winning this are very low. You are not saying anything that any of us have not already heard, and Wyndham has a substantial and capable set of staff attorneys. You can bet that, in the vast majority of cases, they changes they made are perfectly within the law.

I suppose there is a chance that your situation is unusual---after all, anything is possible. However, you should assume you are likely to lose, and should be comfortable losing any money you pay to this attorney as a result. If you are willing to do that to see what happens, go for it. But, if you are paying this attorney with the expectation that you are going to be able to cancel this purchase, you are likely to be disappointed.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Add my voice to the chorus that legal retainer fees are likely a waste of money. Unless you have an attorney who has numerous victories against Wyndham in his/her history, you will find your attorney is overmatched and not prepared for how Wyndham will proceed. They have a vested interest in NEVER losing a case like this. They will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid paying out a few thousand just to keep others from deciding to try the same process.

My guess is that you either have an attorney focused on billable hours or one who has no idea how tenacious Wyndham will be. And it will cost you thousands for this attorney to learn that fact.

Save your money and contact Wyndham directly and ask for a discounted settlement to walk away.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, after some consideration and frustration with Wyndham, I have to pay attorneys to get out of my Club Wyndham Access contracts. I have been a Wyndham member for the past 7 years and was enjoying my vacations, right up to the point being sold on Club Wyndham Access (CWA), which really isn't a club and doesn't provide access. The promise was, 'VIP' club membership (priority service), Advanced Priority Reservations (greater availabilty) and access to Worldmark properties. As I was approaching Platinum level, I fell for it. They sold me 461K points for $65K and a month later told me I needed another 105K points for $14K. Between mortgage payments and maintenance fees, I was spending $2K per month for a service that provided nothing above what I had when I owned 105K. Then, they changed the website in January, providing fewer options, no visibility on points use, no means of verifying balance due and directed me to a 'VIP' telephone line, where I waited 40-50 minutes on hold to discover what I wanted wasn't available. This action will cost me all 2 million points (from Wyndham and secondary market) but will save me $23K per year.
I’ll throw out my 2 cents worth.
Wyndham wasn’t lying about more access with CWA. I’m positive CWA has more units available for ARP reservations than any one home resort would give you with a UDI contract. CWA gives you ARP at over 70 resorts. It’s true CWA gives you more resorts and units to choose from for ARP reservations. NO FRAUD ON AVAILABILITY

You state you didn’t get what you wanted when you called in. ARP opens at midnight eastern time on the website. You called hours later and all units were gone. That’s your fault not Wyndhams. NO FRAUD THERE. Wyndham can’t guarantee you any unit you want at 30 days out or even at 12 months. This is a first come first choice system. The new website didn’t change that.

You state no visibility on points used. There wasn’t before but there is now with the points history. NO FRAUD WITH POINTS ACCOUNTING.
Owners have kept spreadsheets before and after the new website to make sure their points used and available.

I’m NOT attorney. With that said I agree with everyone here that your only throwing good money into an attorneys pocket.
Good luck proving us all wrong and come back and rub our noses in it!!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I guess I'll throw out my 2 cents too.
Wyndham does settle. Wyndham settles all the time. You don't hear too much about settlements because they all come with big non disclosure clause. Wyndham generally doesn't want to go to court because they would have to make materials they would like to keep confidential during disclosure. That doesn't mean they will settle with you or offer a settlement that you think is fair. They will work at delaying your case and make sure it costs you quite a bit and make sure that you know that it will cost you quite a bit to continue down the legal path without very much assurance that you will even make back part of your legal fees.

I am sure Wyndhams lawyers are confident that the changes in the program last May did not constitute fraud with anyone who bought prior to the change. If any lawyers thought it would be a fairly good case they would be signing up Wyndham owners/members by the thousands and offer a class action suit on a contingency basis and even if they end up settling the lawyers portion would be in the millions vs the several thousands or tens of thousands that you will pay.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I agree with tshwa2 .... Wyndham does settle. They are even motivated to do that when you start sharing your acct on social media and the news media.

I would also add that I think you are pursuing the wrong angle - taking your recap at face value. The best argument you have is that they told you were purchasing enough pts to become a Platinum VIP member. Your position is that you detrimentally relied on that representation, and that it was a material fact in your purchase decision. Everything else you quickly mention they have the right to change under the terms of the program, and I am sure that disclosure is in the contract you signed.

It would further help your case if you retained a copy of the "offer sheet". The sales guys like to write stuff like VIP on it.