• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tell us about your BEST and WORST Timeshare exchanges

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited by a moderator:

bellacyn

Reaction score
exchange with rci points into The Doatello in San Francisco. Took a while to get had a search on for almost a year but I did get for August which is a hard time of year to be able to get. It was WONDERFUL roof top area where you can go 24 hrs a day with views of the city and tables with chairs and 24 hour coffee machines, newspapers people would order they food and eat there. there is also a wonderful resturant on site if you prefer, front desk cant do enough to help you. great location on union square right by cable cars,walk to Chinatown etc. San Francisco can be sketchy, but not here we felt safe & close to all.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Best exchange we ever got was in 2010, back when we were timeshare know-it-alls who thought we had mastered the entire system. For our 2010 off-season January timeshare vacation in Orlando, we snagged back-to-back 3BR-3BA timeshare RCI reservations via what was known at the time as Instant Exchange -- 7,500 points + exchange fee for a whole week (7 days + 7 nights). That got us a fantastic 3BR unit at Grand Beach resort (our 1st & only stay at that resort) followed by an outstanding 3BR unit at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas. Ever since then, the best we've been able to do for off-season January is 1BR & sometimes 2BR timeshare units via Last Call & straight-points exchange & RCI Extra Vacation Getaways on sale.

For January 2018, we did very well also -- even though we did not snag 3BR units. Some months ago, Vacation Village At Parkway & Grandview At Las Vegas (both links in the same timeshare chain) were offering owner-members the chance to reserve an off-season timeshare week free -- no points, no fees, no tax, no nothing, completely el freebo. We grabbed up 1 of those for the 1st of our 2 January 2018 weeks -- a Vacation Village At Parkway "B" unit, as it turns out.

For the week right before that, we snagged High Point World Resort (off Rt. 192 west of the Disney Gap) via RCI special sale. They were offering lots of 1BR weeks for $199 + tax along with fewer 2BR weeks for $229 + tax. As it turned out, a 2BR unit at High Point World Resort was available for the week following our planned free week in Vacation Village At Parkway, so we grabbed that up before it was gone.

Total outlay for the 2 January 2018 Kissimmee timeshare weeks is so low that we splurged on a 4-night Carnival cruise the week before we check in at High Point World Resort -- our initial luxury foray on the high seas. We're looking forward to the luxury cruise, although I have some anxiety that for a bigtime overeater me it will be the something like being trapped 4 days inside Golden Corral. If that's how it turns out, I will have only myself to blame.

Speaking of Golden Corral, our after-cruise week at High Point world resort coincides with the 2018 TUG get-together set for the afternoon of January 17, 2018, at Golden Corral, 8707 Vineland Avenue, Orlando FL 32821, (407-938-9500). Start time for the get-together is 2PM (I think) -- perfect timing to get the sr. citz. lunchtime price (but the TUG crowd doesn't quit till long after the dinner items are brought out).

Reuniting with the TUG folks is always a highlight of our whole January vacation in Florida. No sign-up is required. Just show up & join in the fun. The Chief Of Staff & I are looking forward enthusiastically to seeing lots of our outstanding TUG-BBS friends in January 2018.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​