• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Taxi from Las Vegas airport?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where do I find the cabs upon exit from the Las Vegas airport? There are 3 of us traveling to the Grand Desert so I thought the price would be cheaper then the shuttle for the total.

Thanks

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
You'll find them on the baggage claim level and just follow the signs for ground transportation. I think it's door exits 1-4 to the outside.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Three people in a cab would definitely be cheaper than three people on the shuttle. My dd took a cab from the airpor to the Grand Desert to meet us, and she said it was about $6 or $7. Of course that didn't include tip.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you *do* take a taxi, make sure to tell him exactly where you are going, addresswise, and tell him that you don't want to go through the tunnel. If you don't, they may try to tunnel you, which besides being illegal will add $8-10 to your taxi bill.

Fern

Flo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fern,
That happened to us about 2 years ago. The cab driver told us there was construction and the road was so congested he had to take the tunnel. It cost us, I think, $25!. When we mentioned it at the timeshare reception desk, the woman told us this scam is very common. We should have taken his name and license number to report him.
We put it down to our first gambling loss in Las Vegas-warned all the folks we know going to Vegas and became less naive travelers.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Let me point out that "going through the tunnel" is not always wrong. If you are staying at Tahiti Village, Worldmark on the Blvd., Cancun or Grandview, it would be the way to go. It would also be a fast way to the resorts out near Tropicana, ie., Tahiti, Westgate, and I forget the other one. It is also the way to go to Cliffs at Peace Canyon.

But it is NOT the way to go to any of the HGVC locations, Wyndham Grand Desert, Carriage House, Polo Towers, Jockey Club, Marriott Chateau or Summer Bay.

The HGVC on Las Vegas BLVD is iffy. If it is afternoon, especially on a weekend, the tunnel and I-15 will probably be a lot quicker than Las Vegas BLVD.

BTW, a good cabby can get to any of the Strip locations without going on Las Vegas BLVD for more than a half a block. If he cruises for blocks and blocks, he's running up the meter.

Fern

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
BTW, a good cabby can get to any of the Strip locations without going on Las Vegas BLVD for more than a half a block. If he cruises for blocks and blocks, he's running up the meter.

Fern

Dd must have had one of the good ones. He brought her up the "back" way, and as I said the fare was about $6 or $7. She didn't even have to say anything about avoiding the tunnel. Good thing as she didn't even know about it. ;)

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Luanne,
The taxi driver did what he was suppose to do. He came out of the airport via Paradise/Swenson and turned left on Harmon. Its the most direct way to the resort, takes very few streets, and is usually pretty speedy.

Its the way I would go. Even from where I live I use that way. I go "through the back of the airport" on an airport bypass (ie, "the tunnel") to get there.

Fern

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
It's the route we took as well (we had rented a car and came in a day earlier than dd). I either knew about the route from reading your tips, or that's what our GPS gave us. Anyway, it was quick and pretty direct. However, one time we somehow ended up driving through the campus of the University. We kidded dd and told her it was one of her "college tours".