• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Taxi from airport in bahamas

Lookingtobuy

Reaction score
Hi guys. We are getting int harbour side next week. Anyone in particular to pick us up and take us from airport and cost? Also any grocery tips and sightseeing tips? Anything to avoid. Going with wife and two kids

Thanks

Kt

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Hi guys. We are getting int harbour side next week. Anyone in particular to pick us up and take us from airport and cost? Also any grocery tips and sightseeing tips? Anything to avoid. Going with wife and two kids

Thanks

Kt

Sandra's taxi worked out great for us, http://www.sandrastaxibahamas.com/.
She will stop at the grocery and liquor store if you ask. We stopped at the one mid-island at her suggestion. Sav-a lot or valu-sav something like that. Cost is around $34 from airport to Harborside for two people I think $3 more per person and a couple dollars for luggage. We had 5 people plus luggage and I think it was $50.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
People rave about Sandra

There is a nice supermarket and liquor store a little past the Paradise island bridge.

If you want to do lots of shopping you may be better with the shopping shuttle Or with two separate taxies after you arrive to avoid waiting time. Else it feels like supermarket sweep.

Supermarket will call you a return Taxi.

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Cheryl's or Sandra's are the two I see most often praised.

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Taxi

Sandra's is who we have used for the past 7 years ....Nice vehicles and air condition...It is a Family business ,if Sandra doesn't pick you up it is either her daughter or son.... She will stop at the grocery(very very clean and fresh meat and vegetables) and/or liquor store for an hour ,just email her and tell her when you coming ,flight number ,if you need to stop at the store and where you staying ..she will get back to you within a matter of an hour or two...I usually give her $60 for 4 people with a stop at the store...

RAL

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
We used Sandra as well. She was great.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cheryl's or Sandra's are the two I see most often praised.

I would not recommend Cheryl. The last time they never came back to pick us up and had to take another cab. We had a reservation...:mad:

Lookingtobuy

Reaction score
Thx guys. have you guys ordered food online from food2go? I was thinking of using them? Otherwise I will go where Sandra takes us. Also is it better to take some snacks and food with us? Or buy it all there? How are prices?

Thx

Kt

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Thx guys. have you guys ordered food online from food2go? I was thinking of using them? Otherwise I will go where Sandra takes us. Also is it better to take some snacks and food with us? Or buy it all there? How are prices?

Thx

Kt

IMHO take as much as you can with you. Even if you have to pay for an extra bag on the plane. $8 for a box of crackers that are only <$3 at home. I know I am way too frugal, but even the locals make trips to Miami as often as they can to buy groceries. I take my frozen stuff in a cooler as a carry on with dry ice. I buy as little as possible on island, mostly fresh fruit and liquids. We watched a woman with a full grocery cart almost choke when her tally was $500 and that was in 2008! We took some friends along this past year and they heeded my warning to a degree, but still ended up buying the $8 crackers.

Gina

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO take as much as you can with you. Even if you have to pay for an extra bag on the plane. $8 for a box of crackers that are only <$3 at home. I know I am way too frugal, but even the locals make trips to Miami as often as they can to buy groceries. I take my frozen stuff in a cooler as a carry on with dry ice. I buy as little as possible on island, mostly fresh fruit and liquids. We watched a woman with a full grocery cart almost choke when her tally was $500 and that was in 2008! We took some friends along this past year and they heeded my warning to a degree, but still ended up buying the $8 crackers.

Gina

We do basically the same. We enjoy some of the restaurants but also like cooking with items we bring.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thx

Kt
I've ordered from FoodStore2Go twice and they provide great service. I pack some things like granola bars, pasta, cereal etc but FoodStore is great for delivering ice cream, deli, fruit etc. The guys were right on time and unpacked all the groceries and put everything where it belonged. Last time we ordered cheese croissants and regretted that we only ordered 2 because they were amazing - soft and fresh and delicious. Not sure were they pick them up but they are a must.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any restriction on bringing frozen meats or vegetables from the us to bahamas or are vegetable a no no?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Are there any restriction on bringing frozen meats or vegetables from the us to bahamas or are vegetable a no no?

Generally speaking, fresh fruits and vegetables are frowned on because they might bring pests with them. Frozen meats, pre-packaged dry goods and canned goods are fine.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
FYI-

In case you aren't aware, there are no grilling facilities:bawl: at Harborside, so leave the expensive steaks at home! :)

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI-

In case you aren't aware, there are no grilling facilities:bawl: at Harborside, so leave the expensive steaks at home! :)
And to add to the FYI? There are no ovens. I think the combi microwaves got ripped out in a recent renovation so it is now stove top and pure microwave only.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
And to add to the FYI? There are no ovens. I think the combi microwaves got ripped out in a recent renovation so it is now stove top and pure microwave only.

Correct, stove and microwave only.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
FYI: there is a partial list over on the Trip Advisor forums for the Bahamas of items in the grocery stores that are price controlled, so you can make your list of items to bring or buy from there.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for the tip regarding Sandra. I just made a round trip reservation with her for our first trip there this April. I will also check out the information on food items. Bummer that there are no grills. I always enjoy grilling on our vacations.

Mike

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Bummer that there are no grills. I always enjoy grilling on our vacations.

*cough* George Foreman *cough*

RichardL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dido on the Sandra tip, I just booked with her.

Does anyone know if check in is at 4 pm will the bellmen take groceries when
we arrive at 11 am. At Marriott Poipu the bellman has a cold room to store groceries but I doubt Harborside has that service.

I am surprised at there being no BBQ, but perhaps that isdue to the ownership with Atlantis . In any event good tip to know before shopping.

Anyone have any info on the progress of the big development on Cable Beach.
Last I heard was last year and construction was stalled by a bankruptcy. That
huge new development lead to some nice road improvements.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been to Nassau many, many times.

We have used several transfer services and have been disappointed by them all.

Now we use the taxis at the airport and food2go. The taxis show up on time (slight jab) and their rates are cheap. Food2go is more expensive then stopping at the grocery store, but you have to pay extra for the stop......so really its a wash. Food2go not only delivers the food, but unpacks everything for you and you don't have to waste 30-60 minutes shopping in an unfamiliar store, while on vacation.

The above is easy and quick.....makes the start of the vacation less of a hassle.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
:wall:
Dido on the Sandra tip, I just booked with her.

Does anyone know if check in is at 4 pm will the bellmen take groceries when
we arrive at 11 am. At Marriott Poipu the bellman has a cold room to store groceries but I doubt Harborside has that service.

I am surprised at there being no BBQ, but perhaps that isdue to the ownership with Atlantis . In any event good tip to know before shopping.

Anyone have any info on the progress of the big development on Cable Beach.
Last I heard was last year and construction was stalled by a bankruptcy. That
huge new development lead to some nice road improvements.

There is no cooler to keep your groceries cold before check in. So, proceed with caution when buying items that need to be refrigerated.

Bahamar is, to my knowledge, still on hold.

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also used Sandra. When we came out of the grocery store, she was nowhere to be found. We spent a good twenty minutes looking for her very worried that she had gone off with our luggage:eek:
I think she had gone to do an errand because she did not expect us to finish as quickly as we did.
If you make the grocery stop, make sure you make it very clear where you will be meeting.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
If I order from Food2Go, and request a 5 pm delivery, will that be a safe time to schedule it? I know check-in is at 4, but not sure how prompt Harborside is. Our flight is scheduled to land at 2 pm.

Agree with the stove and microwave only. There goes pizza night.