• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Talking Timeshares Episode 5 - NJ Attorney General obtains 10M judgement against timeshare exit company

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

new feature for this video, trying out an on screen teleprompter. certainly helps keep your eyes from looking off camera! will continue to work on it. Takes a bit of getting used to thats for sure!

JohninUtah

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish the survey was more than yes or no in many cases because not alway just a yes or no answer. For instance, I usually don't ask friends to help pay for the room but I have when they've traveled to the same place with us multiple times and the room is expensive like $2,600 at Grand Luxxe.

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great job Brian. Makes all the difference in the world, looking into the camera and speaking with emotion. The message came through loud and clear.

As a NJ resident, I followed the litigation. I believe the only consumer protection that a state can structure to decrease the incidence of unscrupulous business practices is to require any entities dealing in real estate to have a real estate license with a physical presence in that state and not just a business license. The real estate ethical standards in states keep the business transactions honest. Also, in the event an exit company solicits business and provides services to clients from a state other than the state of registration, my understanding in such circumstances is than transgressions fall under federal jurisdiction because they involve interstate commerce. If this is true, why don't we see these litigated in federal court?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback, its appreciated and helpful moving forward!

I believe we dont see any federal litigation for the same reason we see so little state litigation.... timeshare scams just are not a priority or otherwise headline inducing (read vote getting) crimes to pursue. (and that so few folks actually report these crimes)

having been involved with a case here in Florida with the AGs office, I was absolutely astonished at the level of paperwork, investigation, legwork, and man hours that went into what was an otherwise "small potatoes" scammer being pursued at that time. It was very clear to even me that when it comes to managing meager resources, even law enforcement has to decide on the best bang for their buck for sure. I can only imagine that gets WAY worse on a federal level.