• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tahiti Las Vegas Question

favbal

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I found this site and just registered. The reason I found it was because as you probably already can figure it out I got hooked. As my wife put it, HOOK, LINE AND SINKER! She was the strong one, NO!

I have always liked the concept of a timeshare but always heard and read horror stories about it. I was a little familiar with points systems but clearly no expert.

Here is the nitty-gritty. I was offered a $30,000.00 "deal" in Tahiti Village (TV), 2.5 miles north of SLS, with 47,000 points plus 30,000 point no bonus. No bite. I must say they were nice about it. They then offered a $16,989 deal but every other year. No bite. Well, the second guy asked me to wait and went to ask if he could offer something else. I think this is similar to the car salesman going off to "ask" his manager about a deal. He comes back and said he was Ok'd to offer this deal. Essentially offering a discounted timeshare that someone failed to pay I guess. This was not in the Tahiti village but at Tahiti 2.5 miles south of MGM (opposite side of TV).

*The deal was $8,995.00, every other year-even (710.58 for 1st year 2016
Maintenance fees due every time points issued but half pay deal, such as 2017 50%, 2018 rest of 50% and so on or pay the full 710.58 every even year.)

*183.00 RCI annual membership fee

*67,000 points + 30,000 bonus points first year then 67,000 points every even year

*30 days same as cash

*Upgradeable within two years to every year point distribution by paying difference between 8,995 and 15,490 (discounted from 16,989) 710.58 would be an every year maintenance fee with this option.

I got it but started reading of RCI on how it has gotten worse over the years. I got this more for the points in order to travel everywhere. I could stay in Tahiti and it is like the old timesharing but I would rather travel with the wife and sometimes pass on the savings to my sons.

What do you all think? What do you know about RCI? Is it worth it? Any personal experience? As it stands out there is an express mail on its way with the Rescind statement allowed by Nevada. I can stop delivery of the express mail until just before it is delivered on Monday.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let the rescission go through. You can do much better by buying resale- or for that matter renting timeshares from owners. Often at less cost than the maintenance fees.

Others will chime in, but for now, all that is important is that you've sent the rescission letter.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that that $9,000 you were going to spend will buy you an annual use TS at a resort where you want to go, AND pay the MFs and RCI membership for a decade.

Welcome to TUG....

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wow, good thing you found us in time, you just saved 9000 dollars =)

Welcome to TUG!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I found this site and just registered. The reason I found it was because as you probably already can figure it out I got hooked. As my wife put it, HOOK, LINE AND SINKER! She was the strong one, NO!

I have always liked the concept of a timeshare but always heard and read horror stories about it. I was a little familiar with points systems but clearly no expert.

Here is the nitty-gritty. I was offered a $30,000.00 "deal" in Tahiti Village (TV), 2.5 miles north of SLS, with 47,000 points plus 30,000 point no bonus. No bite. I must say they were nice about it. They then offered a $16,989 deal but every other year. No bite. Well, the second guy asked me to wait and went to ask if he could offer something else. I think this is similar to the car salesman going off to "ask" his manager about a deal. He comes back and said he was Ok'd to offer this deal. Essentially offering a discounted timeshare that someone failed to pay I guess. This was not in the Tahiti village but at Tahiti 2.5 miles south of MGM (opposite side of TV).

*The deal was $8,995.00, every other year-even (710.58 for 1st year 2016
Maintenance fees due every time points issued but half pay deal, such as 2017 50%, 2018 rest of 50% and so on or pay the full 710.58 every even year.)

*183.00 RCI annual membership fee

*67,000 points + 30,000 bonus points first year then 67,000 points every even year

*30 days same as cash

*Upgradeable within two years to every year point distribution by paying difference between 8,995 and 15,490 (discounted from 16,989) 710.58 would be an every year maintenance fee with this option.

I got it but started reading of RCI on how it has gotten worse over the years. I got this more for the points in order to travel everywhere. I could stay in Tahiti and it is like the old timesharing but I would rather travel with the wife and sometimes pass on the savings to my sons.

What do you all think? What do you know about RCI? Is it worth it? Any personal experience? As it stands out there is an express mail on its way with the Rescind statement allowed by Nevada. I can stop delivery of the express mail until just before it is delivered on Monday.

I would recommend that you stop delivery of the rescission letter, but ONLY if you absolutely hate money.

favbal

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I will let the letter go through then.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tahiti-Village-Bora-Bora-Annual-1BR-47-700-RCI-Points-Free-2015-Pts-and-Closing-/361348662339
Thank you everyone. I will let the letter go through then.

This auction is closed, but just to paint a picture of the value......There will be plenty more coming your way if you really want Tahiti Village (which I wouldn't understand why you would want, but I'm a jaded Las Vegan).

The opportunities for getting into Timeshare without getting ripped off are boundless. If you are really hooked on the idea, learn everything you can learn on these forums, which is virtually everything there is to know, and you might find that what is best for you is an entirely different direction as far as system and location. In the New to Timesharing Forum, there is a stickie that poses questions about your travel style and budget that can help others here advise you on a sane course of action, which may in the end even be, "don't buy timeshare."

And if you do decide timeshare is your direction, pay the $15 for annual membership and you can get access to resort reviews and such that will help you make the RIGHT decisions for your unique situation and family. Plus Brian has a payment due on his new hot tub.

BennyBoy00

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tahiti Village points do not transfer to a new owner on resale. An ebay auction winner of Tahiti Village points would not get those points. The week would revert to its underlying deeded week. Also, if you really want to stay at Tahiti Village, do not buy RCI Points from another Las Vegas resort. Tahiti Village has a regional block on RCI preventing the use of points from other Las Vegas resorts to reserve units at Tahiti Village.

If you really want to own at Tahiti Village, you can pick up a deeded week from eBay for virtually free. The week can be traded through the RCI weeks program. Optionally, the resort will charge $3500 if you want to convert the week to RCI Points. Otherwise buy a week already in RCI Points at another (non-Las Vegas) resort from eBay and use those points to reserve weeks at Tahiti Village.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tahiti-Village-Bora-Bora-Annual-1BR-47-700-RCI-Points-Free-2015-Pts-and-Closing-/361348662339

This auction is closed, but just to paint a picture of the value......There will be plenty more coming your way if you really want Tahiti Village (which I wouldn't understand why you would want, but I'm a jaded Las Vegan).

The opportunities for getting into Timeshare without getting ripped off are boundless. If you are really hooked on the idea, learn everything you can learn on these forums, which is virtually everything there is to know, and you might find that what is best for you is an entirely different direction as far as system and location. In the New to Timesharing Forum, there is a stickie that poses questions about your travel style and budget that can help others here advise you on a sane course of action, which may in the end even be, "don't buy timeshare."

And if you do decide timeshare is your direction, pay the $15 for annual membership and you can get access to resort reviews and such that will help you make the RIGHT decisions for your unique situation and family. Plus Brian has a payment due on his new hot tub.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tahiti Village points do not transfer to a new owner on resale. An ebay auction winner of Tahiti Village points would not get those points. The week would revert to its underlying deeded week. Also, if you really want to stay at Tahiti Village, do not buy RCI Points from another Las Vegas resort. Tahiti Village has a regional block on RCI preventing the use of points from other Las Vegas resorts to reserve units at Tahiti Village.

If you really want to own at Tahiti Village, you can pick up a deeded week from eBay for virtually free. The week can be traded through the RCI weeks program. Optionally, the resort will charge $3500 if you want to convert the week to RCI Points. Otherwise buy a week already in RCI Points at another (non-Las Vegas) resort from eBay and use those points to reserve weeks at Tahiti Village.

I've read this before, but because I don't look at a lot having to do with TV, I always forget it.

That's gonna be one angry EBay buyer.