• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tahita Village

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Staying at TV for a week (next week). We've traded into a 2BR...but know nothing about the resort itself. I've searched TUG but haven't found any recent reviews. One older review suggested to bring your own coffee filters and be sure that they ARE the Melita type. Actually, that's a great tip. I always bring filters, but never that kind.
Does anyone have any room request suggestions? I'm not sure if we will be relegated to a particular building. We are daytime pool people, like to BBQ and would like to be where the action is. (If there is any)...I just don't want to be stuck in a far flung place that is a long long walk away from everything.
Tips from anyone that has been there recently would be greatly appreciated.
Tks
Mike

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Staying at TV for a week (next week). We've traded into a 2BR...but know nothing about the resort itself. I've searched TUG but haven't found any recent reviews. One older review suggested to bring your own coffee filters and be sure that they ARE the Melita type. Actually, that's a great tip. I always bring filters, but never that kind.
Does anyone have any room request suggestions? I'm not sure if we will be relegated to a particular building. We are daytime pool people, like to BBQ and would like to be where the action is. (If there is any)...I just don't want to be stuck in a far flung place that is a long long walk away from everything.
Tips from anyone that has been there recently would be greatly appreciated.
Tks
Mike

We stayed there last January of this year. Nice place. I wrote a review on Tripadvisor under this same screen name.

IIRC, tower 5 is the newest and the tallest. We got an upper level room and enjoyed being up that high. We had a view of a view of the strip, and the airport. It was a nice view but not what I would consider a "killer" view.

Pool - they have a sand entrance pool and a lazy river. When we were there, they were only heating it to 78 degrees. Perhaps you'll be more lucky. It looked inviting.

BBQ - yes, there are a number of them and they worked fine. There are some feral cats that look for handouts around the BBQs. I actually bought cat food for them. I don't think that you'll see a single mouse in the vicinity - - so they are doing a public service. Plus they're kind of cute.

Location - you are a few miles south of the heart of the strip. Check it out on Google maps and check out the distance to the Outlet mall and the Town Center. So you really aren't going to be in the middle of everthing. There isn't a lot within walking distance, but the parking is ample and is self-park. So if you have a car, you'll be fine. If you don't have a car, then you could take public transportation. Also, TV still have a shuttle that will take you up to the strip.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
BJ
Thanks for the input.
We have a car so I'm not overly concerned about TV's overall location. I
was wondering where the best location would be, within the resort).
I'm going to check out your review and post one of my own when we return.
TV doesn't provide much of a resort map (on their website), so it's kind of hard to figure out "where you might want to be". The parking garage looks to be a long way from everything...but again, its hard to tell. It's getting cool in upstate NY...so the pools and tropical atmosphere look very inviting.
I'll find out Sunday. Thanks again
Mike

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sunday Weather

It may very well rain on Sunday, and the lows will be in the high 50's and low 60's, and the highs in the 70's. This is normal for this time of year, not what we've had the past two weeks.

If it is raining, beware of flooding. If you see a flooded area, "Turn around, don't drown." If you can't see the lane markings through the water, there could be any number of unknown obstacles beneath the water, having been washed that way. if you need a swift water rescue, the fire department is allowed to charge you $2000. (yes, three zeros) for that service. It is doubtful that they would charge a tourist, but they could. And I am sure the tow truck doesn't care who you are when it comes to towing your car out. Plus, as I said above, it is a matter of safety.

Luckily, weather will improve by Monday, but still be cool most of the day. They high will occur around 3:30 or 4pm.

Fern

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Fern,
Hopefully your warnings (about flooding) are for Las Vegas in general..right?
Not particularly the TV?
Tks
Mike

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a small flash flood zone not far from TV, about maybe 1 mile to the Southeast of it (A half mile due South of the Car Rental center). The resort itself and the immediate area are not flash flood prone.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Hope you're not planning on driving from California.

Mudslides that stranded nearly 200 vehicles have closed a California highway that is a popular route from the Central Valley to Las Vegas.

A 1-mile stretch of Highway 58 near Tehachapi is almost totally covered in mud, Kern County Sheriff's Office spokesman Ray Pruitt said Friday. The mud is as thick as four to five feet in some areas and is covering east- and westbound lanes.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/weather/mudslides-close-piece-route-central-valley-las-vegas

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Vegas
Thanks for both links.
I checked out the reviews and found them to be pretty informative. We are flying in from NY, (early), so fortunately we shouldn't encounter any of the mudslides in and around Ca.
In that we get in so early, we've decided to try and walk the grounds and then make an informative request as to which building we may want to be in. (If that's possible). One reviewer mentioned 180 yard walk to the parking lot....then an 80 yard walk to the elevator. Those are the things that I want to avoid.
Always lots of good info on TUG.
Thanks again all!
Mike

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Fern was absolutely correct. When freaky rainstorms move into the Vegas area some streets will flood within minutes. We had no problems (at TV), but coming home from Fremont St... we took a lot of side streets to avoid traffic and some of them had 4-6" of rain near the curbs as the storm drains couldn't handle it.
Regarding the TV...we are here now and have a lovely room (huge!!) overlooking the palm tree lined pool. I'll post a review another time.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Fern was absolutely correct. When freaky rainstorms move into the Vegas area some streets will flood within minutes.
Yup, monsoons and flash floods are part of desert life.
Definitely avoid driving through water. And stay away from the washes during floods.

Our soil doesn't absorb water very well. It has a "crust" to it so water flows on it similar to how it would flow on cement. It just flows and flows til it reaches the lowest point and then it will sit. The entire Vegas valley is a flood plain. Las Vegas means "The Meadows" and that's because after flooding it was a valley of grasses.

Development ignored the role the water played and just made the problems worse, causing more erosion. But more recently the governments have tried to recreate the old washes. There's the Las Vegas Wash and there's the Pittman Wash. The Wetlands have been recreated along with other wetland-like spots. Many people are surprised that Las Vegas has wetlands, but we do!