• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bibs325

Reaction score
Hello I’ve been to both presentations (GB Cabo in March and currently am in flamingos in puerto Vallarta) and what seems appealing is the ability to exchange and also use these “Extra week” vacations via RCI or II anywhere from $199-599 (studio to 1 bedroom). We are possibly interested in purchasing a 1 bedroom contract through secondary resale market. How has your experience been with exchanging or using these extra week vacations via RCI or II? Thank you for your input!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hello I’ve been to both presentations (GB Cabo in March and currently am in flamingos in puerto Vallarta) and what seems appealing is the ability to exchange and also use these “Extra week” vacations via RCI or II anywhere from $199-599 (studio to 1 bedroom). We are possibly interested in purchasing a 1 bedroom contract through secondary resale market. How has your experience been with exchanging or using these extra week vacations via RCI or II? Thank you for your input!

It works well when your schedule allows it. Extra vacations in Mexico usually have a mandatory all inclusive cost so for us there are only a few places in Mexico where we have used an extra vacation. There are often extra vacations in destinations than are overbuilt with timeshares like Las Vegas or Orlando.

Exchanging the Villa Group can get some decent trades but for the most part it will be in overbuilt locations and not a top tier resort. For us it is better to use our UVCI at their resort in Mexico.

RCI has more to offer than II , imo. Other places to exchange would be SFX. I have exchanged our UVCI 1 bed unit with our upgraded SFX and did get a 2 bed Grand Lux last winter.

Bill

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hello I’ve been to both presentations (GB Cabo in March and currently am in flamingos in puerto Vallarta) and what seems appealing is the ability to exchange and also use these “Extra week” vacations via RCI or II anywhere from $199-599 (studio to 1 bedroom).

We are possibly interested in purchasing a 1 bedroom contract through secondary resale market. How has your experience been with exchanging or using these extra week vacations via RCI or II? Thank you for your input!

Welcome to TUG

In RCI - the Last Calls and Extra Vacation options are good value. They are generally shoulder season for the resort location.
So don't expect Puerto Vallarta in Feb or Myrtle Beach in July.

You will likely find Myrtle Beach in Feb. - Florida in the Fall - Branson in the early spring and fall etc.

The Vacation Village resorts are often featured

Bibs325

Reaction score
It works well when your schedule allows it. Extra vacations in Mexico usually have a mandatory all inclusive cost so for us there are only a few places in Mexico where we have used an extra vacation. There are often extra vacations in destinations than are overbuilt with timeshares like Las Vegas or Orlando.

Exchanging the Villa Group can get some decent trades but for the most part it will be in overbuilt locations and not a top tier resort. For us it is better to use our UVCI at their resort in Mexico.

RCI has more to offer than II , imo. Other places to exchange would be SFX. I have exchanged our UVCI 1 bed unit with our upgraded SFX and did get a 2 bed Grand Lux last winter.

Bill

Bill

Thank you- I’ve never heard of SFX. Is it similar to RCI and II where you pay an annual fee and deposit your weeks/points? And the Villa group doesn’t have to be affiliated with them? Im interested also to know like can we trade our points for a place to stay in London or Australia? - not just limited to USA and Mexico. Thank you again for your reply and knowledge in regards to this!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Thank you- I’ve never heard of SFX. Is it similar to RCI and II where you pay an annual fee and deposit your weeks/points? And the Villa group doesn’t have to be affiliated with them? Im interested also to know like can we trade our points for a place to stay in London or Australia? - not just limited to USA and Mexico. Thank you again for your reply and knowledge in regards to this!

SFX is the San Francisco Exchange. You can join for no cost but if you upgrade your account you receive better service and inventory. They do accept Villa Group and many others. I haven't a clue about London or Australia inventory in any of the exchanges. You would just have to check and if your schedule is flexible you could hit.

Bill

Bibs325

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG

In RCI - the Last Calls and Extra Vacation options are good value. They are generally shoulder season for the resort location.
So don't expect Puerto Vallarta in Feb or Myrtle Beach in July.

You will likely find Myrtle Beach in Feb. - Florida in the Fall - Branson in the early spring and fall etc.

The Vacation Village resorts are often featured
Thank you- ok - GB made it seem that we can book anytime anywhere with ease using these extra vacations

Bibs325

Reaction score
SFX is the San Francisco Exchange. You can join for no cost but if you upgrade your account you receive better service and inventory. They do accept Villa Group and many others. I haven't a clue about London or Australia inventory in any of the exchanges. You would just have to check and if your schedule is flexible you could hit.

Bill
Good to know! Thank you!!!