• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

T/S Presentation

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've just had a call this evening from one of those vacation companies with their 2 night 3 day offer in exchange for a t/s presentation. Now, I know a lot of us have done this before and I did say to DH that we wouldn't do any more, but because I said I wasn't interested, it was $69 because I was already an owner + $100 worth of extras - they offered me 7 nights at any of the resorts of Club Navigo, of which there are about 100, including 4 in Orlando, 1 in Naples, 1 at Ormond Beach and 1 at Daytona Beach. This to me sounded like a good deal, although DH doesn't want to go to an hotel in Ormond Beach which is where they have you stay for the presentation. As we work maybe about a good hour's drive from Ormond, maybe a little more, I would consider it worthwhile just going for the presentation in order to get the other 7 nights as a bonus. DH doesn't agree. Is it worth the trip & the 90 min. presentation?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
First, do not swallow the line that its only 90min. Its really half a day out of your life, first for the getting there and then for the pub you'll want to find after you're done. But whether or not its worth your while is a personal decision.

Some here will say that there is nothing that anyone could offer to induce them to go thru the hell of a high-pressure sales boiler-room these charlatans operate. IOW, they'd rather have a root canal or spend an afternoon at a used-car lot.

OTOH, others will say that, if you can withstand the beguilement of these cretins and trust your own resolve not to be hornswaggled, then showing your backbone for half a day is but a small price to pay for the goodies they foolishly throw away.

Last edited:

krissydee

Reaction score
The vacation companies seem to be notorious for leaving off a lot of charges so it's probably no where near as cheap as you think.

for example, there are vacation companies who offer the 3 nights orlando, 2 nights coastal town in FL and a 3 day cruise for insanely cheap. Then the people come to find out they're not staying in the "RESORT" they have to tour, but a run down motel close by. Then they have to pay random fees. For the cruise they get there and are surprised with hundreds of dollars in taxes and port fees. If a rental car is included, they have a huge bill for insurances. Check rip off report for details, they have a ton of these scams.

Anyway just saying, make sure you know exactly what you're getting. And if there are any other charges involved. Make sure you'll be staying in the actual 'RESORT' and not a side property.

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're right - it's not the actual resort, I went back on line to look. It's a motel type of place, that doesn't have very good reviews on TripAdvisor. When I asked if they were offering the resort or hotel - he definitely said resort. I know the 8 day/7 night bonus sounded good, but then they're not necessarily places we would choose to stay. I called him back, because DH said he wasn't planning to go to stay in a sub-standard hotel, spend 1/2 day to get something we mightn't use. Anyway, the sales director who had made this offer, said to sleep on it basically and call him today at 2:00 and if my DH still doesn't want to go, he would refund the money. Let's see if that was true.
I think I was probably swayed by the 7 night deal, without having time to look at where they were. Can't believe I was so gullible.