• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

System Updates for Your Website

John_and_Val

Reaction score
So, are there any significant NEW updates that anyone see's. Sure would be nice if they posted a "version Rxx Notes" or something listing updates. Alot of companies do that
Pentair Automation for pools and Quicken finances - just to name two that do that......

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only mega renter left standing after the cleanup job Wyndham did, is Wyndham itself. Having an efficient system just doesn't appear to be a priority to them.
Yes Wyndham did take out their competition. I wonder who is next on their hit list?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can bring back the region search functionality! I really miss that!!

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Maybe they can bring back the region search functionality! I really miss that!!

Yeah! I liked it too. But, we're in the minority! It's not coming back! :(

I would like to know the rationale though. It makes no sense. It's less of a burden than the other filter nonsense.

liquidmas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had been checking availability daily for past few weeks on a specific date, room size and resort. What I wanted was available but it was still in APR. After the site update which at midnight became the 10 month mark, I booked. Needed Sunday thru Wednesday. Still available and each day discounted. Worked out great for me. Not sure if discount was reason for update but that was the only effect it had on me. A positive one.

Mike

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
The old website had its own deficiencies. It was not perfect by any means and lacked features people were asking for like the ability to book ARP reservations. Or being able to book 24 hours a day. It was not mobile friendly at all. The feature you talk about was nice, but I like looking at the availability calendar. The old feature required some tweaking if the first available was in March, but I couldn’t travel until July. About the same amount of time it does for me to search for availability now. The site moves just fine for me. Could be that I usually access it on my phone and not computer. I rarely access it from a computer. The new site is not perfect by any means, but the “good old days” were not that great. I’ll take being able to book after hours and ARP reservations over the old site anyway.

Have you searched by city or state? You still have to choose a date, but I venture to guess that the majority of us have our dates narrowed down for the most part due to us having to plan around work and school schedules. It doesn’t take me long to search the month of August in Orlando where there are several resorts. Maybe 5 minutes, if I search each week individually. Again, the mobile site is fairly fast.
You are correct; the "new" website has some "bells and whistles" not on the old site, but leaving off the ability to see "first availability" at all resorts in "one click of a button" was a major omission IMO. The new site is fine if you know the exact date and resort you want, but if there is no availability for that specific date/resort, then you have to "hunt" month after month, and resort after resort, one page at a time. Some people like "the hunt", but I prefer the much quicker results, and that feature is missing on the new site. Why search for an hour when it took less than 5 minutes before? If they decide to restore this feature, I would be one "happy camper".

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You are correct; the "new" website has some "bells and whistles" not on the old site, but leaving off the ability to see "first availability" at all resorts in "one click of a button" was a major omission IMO. The new site is fine if you know the exact date and resort you want, but if there is no availability for that specific date/resort, then you have to "hunt" month after month, and resort after resort, one page at a time. Some people like "the hunt", but I prefer the much quicker results, and that feature is missing on the new site. Why search for an hour when it took less than 5 minutes before? If they decide to restore this feature, I would be one "happy camper".
I totally agree with you. But I feel like I've been able to somewhat compensate. I might look for 2 days in the timeframe I'm considering, for an entire region or state (or specific resort). I use the Book button from the main screen. If my dates are not available. I might look for Tues Wed of the week before, or after. It gives me an idea what available then I can go to a specific resort, in the calendar view and play with it more to see how many days I can actually string along. I know it's not what we had before, but I've been able to play with things somewhat. I've always wished we could include or exclude presidential units. And first availability at a particular resort is sure missed.ribe

One thing that I seem to trip upon from time to time (and still within the last few weeks) is that the search (by date) using book from the main screen versus the calendar search produce different results. And that sucks, I can't think of any other way to describe that (nor any excuse whatsoever or Wyndham IT).

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes Wyndham did take out their competition. I wonder who is next on their hit list?
Well the discounted rooms 8 months in advance for times that are always sold out is certainly an interesting behavior to keep an eye on. I certainly can't figure that one out. Who knows what Wyndham is thinking?

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Making people 'hunt' is a as counterproductive as making people wait in long lines at a grocery store with one or two items clogging up the aisles and getting annoyed. Throughtput is the key. Get people in and out quickly.

All that 'hunting' is wasting system resources without accomplishing anything. I would rather be taken to month I am interested in than to be shown a grey screen for the current month. If I selected an area, say Florida, instead of a specific resort, I have to hunt through every damn resort to find out availability in the month I want. They could also allow us to specify a check-in date range and just show me the resorts with availability to check in within the 'check-in date date range' I want. This should be easy to do.

As I said before, these improvements do not require major projects or big bucks, just a willingness to continuously improve the search functions to be more effiecient and user-friendly. They seem to be hung up on 'pretty' web pages instead of functional efficiency. Form over function! :(

Last edited: