• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sympathy Flowers

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for reliable on-line florists to send sympathy flowers - a friend of ours has just died. Any recommendations? Or, am I better to go to a local florist and have them arrange it? thanks for any suggestions.
Sylvia

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've used 1-800-Flowers and had very good luck. But my fav is to find a florist in the city I want to send to. I do it for my Mom and asked the florist once if I would get a 'better deal' by calling locally and was told yes. No paying for all the calls and paper work.

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Beware of just choosing "Town Name" Florist, or something very generic like that. The tele-flora groups list themselves in the yellow pages as every town's florist. Look for something more personal sounding, or call the local town hall, library or chamber of commerce for recommendations.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would get local flower shop to deliver. I never have luck with 1-800-flowers.
The flowers are small and not fresh when delivered.

Mel7706

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask the funeral home

who is serving the family.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's passing.

I've used ProFlowers, once for a friend in the hospital and once for a big thank you, and both times the recipients said the flowers were beautiful. They're excellent about sending e-mails to tell you when the flowers are setting out for delivery and when they have been delivered.

If you go to the ProFlowers site (www.proflowers.com), there is a box at top right that says "Heard about us on the radio? Click here!" If you click there and enter the name Jim, you get a $10 discount.

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, a great help indeed. Not wanting to bore anyone, but it shows hows vulnerable we are, this person used to be our next door neighbor before he & his wife returned to Kansas where their kids live and was diagnosed with C earlier this year. He just made a very rapid downhill slide and was gone. We saw them in January and he looked so healthy, allbeit the coughing and spluttering that come with smoking were there! 72 isn't old today.

nicklinneh

TUG Member
Reaction score
flowers

if you can get to the Kansas florist, that's best. Although it's all buried in the price, there's a commission for the originating florist and the wire-service gets some too. So the local florist has some wiggle-room, and (more importantly) you can find out their availability and make your preferences known directly. -ken

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, instead of flowers, I send an all fruit (no jellies, no nuts) basket to the family. Of course, it depends on the family (age, who's at home, etc.), but it gives them something nibble on.
Just an idea.
Sorry for your loss.
B.