• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sweetwater @ Park City-Any Owners?

Malibu Sky

Reaction score
Does anyone knows what is really going on between the BOD and management company.? I have received a few letters from both each accusing the other of mismanagement. What's up??

madherb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I emailed the MOA and asked a few questions which they avoided answering I assume I have received the same letters as you. It doesn't look like it will be pretty.

laynemiller

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a week at Liftlodge with my daughter and she gets the mail. Can you tell me what the issue is? We like what we get, I bought a resale unit there, but if there are problem, I'd like to hear it.
Layne

Malibu Sky

Reaction score
laynemiller said:
I own a week at Liftlodge with my daughter and she gets the mail. Can you tell me what the issue is? We like what we get, I bought a resale unit there, but if there are problem, I'd like to hear it.
Layne

From what I understand, the BOD/HOA is accusing the management company (ORE) of mis-management causing increase in expenses to homeowners. I believe that BOD/HOA wants out of the management agreement with ORE but that ORE doesn't want to cancel the contract and is telling the homeowners that they will lose the ORE benefits and that they really don't want to lose those benefits because they are so "beneficial" although I have never used them!! So who know...I sure a more accusations will be flying shortly!! :rolleyes:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Malibu Sky said:
From what I understand, the BOD/HOA is accusing the management company (ORE) of mis-management causing increase in expenses to homeowners. I believe that BOD/HOA wants out of the management agreement with ORE but that ORE doesn't want to cancel the contract...

All things being equal I prefer that Sweetwater Lift Lodge remain with ORE as I get great exchanges from ORE (usually Jackson Hole) using my Lift Lodge Week. I don't know yet what specific issues the BOD/HOA has with ORE. They wrote me a letter (without any details, just accusations) accusing ORE of bieng liars and causing high MFs.

I don't know about the liar stuff but I do know that I am happy with my Lift Lodge MF which is about $400. I'll consider what the BOD/HOA has to say when they provide specifics, but as I said "all things being equal" I like the ORE affiliation.

GEORGE

madherb

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears to be much more complicated than BOD vs Mgmt Company(ORE). There seems to be another Association of affiliated resorts that was formed years ago when the developer failed. For some reason both this Master Association and ORE do not want Lift Lodge to cut it's ties.

I agree that neither side has been forthcoming with the owners and all we have is a bunch of accusations.

I have other ORE affiliated properties and from my standpoint have had nothing to complain about but I have wondered about the potential conflict of interest between ORE the exchange company and ORE the property manager. But what I really question (from what little I have been able to learn) is the value of this "Master Association".

I also have heard that the BOD is looking to going to RCI Points so the general meeting whenever it is announced may have greater attendance than typical meetings.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
madherb said:
But what I really question (from what little I have been able to learn) is the value of this "Master Association".

Other than the fact that it probably kept the original investors from losing all their money it probably has little value. How soon we forget!!

GEORGE

madherb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those are the claims and they appear to have performed admirably but if the purpose for which it was formed has ceased to exist then it should also. I asked the MOA to explain their function and the President responded that they would be discussing that in their next meeting...obviously they don't even know why they exist. If the only purpose is to oversee ORE then each association's own BOD has that responsibility.

I have nothing but good experience with the people at ORE with whom I have dealt (although not very successful in exchanging). If the problem is the management side I expect the BOD to address that. If ORE cannot allow exchanges unless they have the management contract then THEY must assess the impact that makes on ALL their members. Individual BODs only need to act in the best interest of their particular members.

I would still like better info from all involved as to what the problems really are. I assume money, control and ego may be involved.