• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SW Florida during Christmas week?

rgong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dare I ask if any of the HGVC affiliates on Sanibel or Captiva is reservable by club members during Christmas week? E.g., if I get up at the crack of dawn on March 22 or so and call the HGVC reservation center, would I realistically find any availability for Christmas week at any of the SW Florida affiliates?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Looks like the only way to know is to try it.

rgong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the only way to know is to try it.

yeah, was thinking that too. guess I'll call up the reservations desk, wish 'em happy new year, and ask 'em about general availability for club members at that time of the year...

TTom

Reaction score
Standing Reservations

We've been lucky enough to pull time in SW Florida for New Year's the past two years. The way it works (at some of the associates) is that fixed week owners have a "standing reservation". Depending on how they make their plans, there is no significant "penalty" for holding on to the reservation until 30 days out. They can go, rent, rescue or deposit with RCI up until the last minute. I'm guessing that a lot(?) of people do that.

We pulled Eagle's Nest in the fall and switched over to South Seas Club around Thanksgiving (this year). Weeks are not plentiful, but they do come up.

I guess the real secret is you just have to be persistent with calling the club. You can never tell when something will pop up.

Good luck!!

Tom

Tom

CJinPHX

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is often week 51 availability at Eagles Nest, (and other Marco flex resorts) due to club members who have flex weeks and win that week in the lottery. In that case, they get 7000 points for their two bedroom flex week. Some deposit as soon as the week is assigned (12 months from check-in) in late December, if they want to push their points out a year. When Week 51 includes christmas, it's a tougher reservation but certainly worth the call 9 months out. Week 52 is a much harder reservation. And Sanibel and Captiva are tougher too.

It's also worth posting a wish or exchange for that week, no later than November the year before. Here's an example of why so early. I own a fixed week 51 at Eagles Nest. I can't use it next year but have already turned it into HGVC points because I had to do it before the end of 2011 in order to push them into 2013 -some folks like to borrow points ahead, I like to stack them up in the future.